Single A State champs picks

m-town state champs

Your correct. We have not played any District games. This is the first time this has ever happened. I guess it is from the new district.

I'm proud of myself for being right about something...lol! That was a joke, but why haven't you? You would think that you guys would have played at least 1 or 2 district games by now, but I guess that's your schedule.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been privileged to see many of the top teams in the state in all classes play this year. IMHO Middleton is a top 5 team regardless of class. They put 5 players on the floor that can flat out play and they bring 2 or 3 players off the bench that do not miss a beat. If they have any flaws it is interior rebounding and maybe that they sometimes shoot too many 3's. I think they are a better team than Union City because they are more complete. If Middleton does not win the state, then I will be surprised. :lol:

They have a good chance to but i dont think it is there year!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Ok Ok Time for the lone Vandy football fan in the worlld to speak. DEFENSE wins championships. Occassionally an offensive team will get one. Nuff said on that--now my opinion. None of you are considering the three teams in region 6A at all. Wayne Co, Summertown, and Culleoka are all outstanding teams. McEwen if I am not mistaken will have to get out of their region to face any of those three. I do not see that happening. With Summertown you have a good quick team that can man up with anyone on a given night. Wayne Co was there last year, and Culleoka has a coach that has won there with an unbeaten team Perry Co with Kirk Haston and Chris Jones 37-0) and has brought them from 1 win three years ago. Very talented team that should host substate. It is high time we bring the gold ball to southern middle tennessee again!!! NOTE: The most talented team doesn't always win-check Goodpasture with Ron Mercer and Drew Maddox, they got beat by BGA in the finals!!

Ok Ok Ok Time for the lone Vandy football fan in the worlld to speak. DEFENSE wins championships. Occassionally an offensive team will get one. Nuff said on that--now my opinion. None of you are considering the three teams in region 6A at all. Wayne Co, Summertown, and Culleoka are all outstanding teams. McEwen if I am not mistaken will have to get out of their region to face any of those three. I do not see that happening. With Summertown you have a good quick team that can man up with anyone on a given night. Wayne Co was there last year, and Culleoka has a coach that has won there with an unbeaten team Perry Co with Kirk Haston and Chris Jones 37-0) and has brought them from 1 win three years ago. Very talented team that should host substate. It is high time we bring the gold ball to southern middle tennessee again!!! NOTE: The most talented team doesn't always win-check Goodpasture with Ron Mercer and Drew Maddox, they got beat by BGA in the finals!!

Just thought people would like to know what the Bolivar coach said in this weeks local paper" Middleton is probably the best team in this area we have played this year." Bolivar's coach also said that Bolivar was hungry for the win. Pretty good statement for Middleton. Bolivar has played Union City, Liberty and several talented teams. Bolivar's coach went on to say this was the most complete game we have played to date. Middleton had the lead by 1 with less than a minute to go in the game. I agree with your statement the most talented team does not always win. If everything falls into place I do like our chances to repeat!

Edited by M-Town Baller

agreed...i think this region is overlooked...but whichever two teams make it out of this region will cause some serious trouble for any team they face :thumb: