2006 NFL Draft Order!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard today on the radio that if the Titans win this weekend, they may fall all the way to 12th.

Their take was that wouldn't be so bad, as they could package some picks to either trade up or land a veteran player.

DeAngelo Williams is looking more like a solution to me -Titans need playmakers and Chris Brown can't take the punishment and stay healthy.

If you are Dom Capers and you know that you will be fired less than 24 hours after the game is over, don't you try all you can to win this game just to stick it to the franchise?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2272110

And if New Orleans gets to the #1 spot, how much do you want to bet Matt Leinert is a Dallas Cowboy this time next year?

DeAngelo Williams is looking more like a solution to me -Titans need playmakers and Chris Brown can't take the punishment and stay healthy.

If the Titans pick a RB in that spot it will be the best tailback in the country in any other year and that is Reggie Bush's teammate LenDale White (6'1, 228) that is if he decides to come out and most think he will he is projected as the #2 RB and a top 10 pick if he stayed for next year he would be the #1 RB prospect.

If the Titans pick a RB in that spot it will be the best tailback in the country in any other year and that is Reggie Bush's teammate LenDale White (6'1, 228) that is if he decides to come out and most think he will he is projected as the #2 RB and a top 10 pick if he stayed for next year he would be the #1 RB prospect.

Why is the world would the Titans pick a RB there when they need a QB? Trade up, down, stay there, but they need a QB!

Guest catfish-hunter

For me the Titans should go one of three routes:

They need a quarterback to be the successor to McNair. I did not say play him next year but instead I believe they should do exactly what they did with McNair. When McNair was a rookie he sat the bench behind Chris Chandler before becoming the starting quarterback. Sit Cutler behind McNair for a year or two then play him. LET BILLY VOLEK GO!!! I saw all I needed to see of him when the Titans lost the game in Arizona this season.

They need a middle linebacker to be an enforcer on the defensive side of the football next to Bulluck. I like A.J. Hawk out of Ohio State. I believe he is a perfect NFL prototype linebacker who will make tackles in bunches (ie Urlacher & Lewis).

They need a safety to play next to Tank Williams. I'm sorry but Thompson is TERRIBLE. There is a USC player not named Leinart who I love watching play and his name is Darnell Bing. He, Tank, Pacman, and Hill would make for the best young secondary in all of football.

The Titans do not need offensive or defensive linemen. They drafted three tackles last year in the draft and the year before they drafted Jacob Bell and Eugene Amano. Hartwig, Piller, and Olson will return to anchor one of the best interiors of an offensive line in the league. Defensive line wise they must resign Vanden Bosch. He along with the young ends, LaBoy, Schobel, and Odom, lead the strong point of the Titans team. Hayesworth, Long, Starks, and Clauss will all return as the team's interior tackles (unless they sign a good tackle in free agency).

Running Backs???????????

Love him or hate him folks the Titans will never be in the position that they were when they could depend on Eddie George suiting up every Sunday of every year and getting the team 1,000+ yards every year. Brown can't stay healthy and just doesn't run hard enough for me and Henry is a joke. Payton should come back next year but seriously he'll never be a starting back in this league. Nash was simply a wasted draft pick by the team, end of story.

This team needs a QB period. To get one, they will have to give up some serious change$$. If they get a good one, I would hold on to my money for other positions if I could work out some trades. We don't want to find the team in the same shape it was in this past year so let's manage the money better. Get a QB and don't be hasty to fill all the spots up front. I want the Titans to prove to me they know how to spend their money wisely. So far, they get a D-. :thumb:

And if New Orleans gets to the #1 spot, how much do you want to bet Matt Leinert is a Dallas Cowboy this time next year?

Actually, I am about to make bold prediction #1 about the draft. Assuming New Orleans loses Sunday (and being as that Tampa is in needing a win game it is highly likely), I am going to say that Matt Leinert will be a Dallas Cowboy. New Orleans' owner isn't going to pony up the money it will take to land Leinert, Dallas is in dire need of a young QB, Dallas has a lot of young talent and could honestly afford the draft picks it would cost, and Jerry Jones is one of the two or three owners crazy enough to go for it.

So you heard it here first, Leinert will be a Cowboy next year. :thumb:

Guest catfish-hunter

Actually, I am about to make bold prediction #1 about the draft. Assuming New Orleans loses Sunday (and being as that Tampa is in needing a win game it is highly likely), I am going to say that Matt Leinert will be a Dallas Cowboy. New Orleans' owner isn't going to pony up the money it will take to land Leinert, Dallas is in dire need of a young QB, Dallas has a lot of young talent and could honestly afford the draft picks it would cost, and Jerry Jones is one of the two or three owners crazy enough to go for it.

So you heard it here first, Leinert will be a Cowboy next year. :thumb:

The Saints will draft Matt Leinert and pay him. They need a quarterback because Brooks is all but done in New Orleans and those fans will need something to rally around for next season. Todd Bauman isn't exactly what I would call "the future" in New Orleans (or wherever they decide to play in 2006).

With receivers like Joe Horn and Donta Stallworth and Deuce McCallister coming back from an injury next year the Saints could have a pretty good offensive football team. Leinert will play right away and he is oe of those guys who has a shot to be successful in a hurry, especially if he is surrounded by guys like that.

The Cowboys quarterback will be Drew Bledsoe for the next few years :thumb:

I agree they need a QB but other than Matt Leinart if Vince Young or Omar Jacobs doesn't comeout there is not another Quarterback rated as at top 35 pick prospect!

I don't think Travis Henry will be back next season and Chris Brown has shown he can stay healthy. I would take a game breaking RB like White to go along with the young wide receivers from last year and next season look for a QB possible to trade up and get a shot at becasue you would have guys like Young, Jacobs and the QB at Notre Dame.

I would take a Saftey in the 2nd round and the best available defense player in the 3rd!

I agree they need a QB but other than Matt Leinart if Vince Young or Omar Jacobs doesn't comeout there is not another Quarterback rated as at top 35 pick prospect!

I don't think Travis Henry will be back next season and Chris Brown has shown he can stay healthy. I would take a game breaking RB like White to go along with the young wide receivers from last year and next season look for a QB possible to trade up and get a shot at becasue you would have guys like Young, Jacobs and the QB at Notre Dame.

I would take a Saftey in the 2nd round and the best available defense player in the 3rd!

Travis Henry is one arrest away from the NFL Death Penalty. The Titans will not pay him his bonus to keep him. He is done at Titanland unless he gets very humble in his contract negotiations. :thumb:

I agree with Sol on this one. Matt Lienart will be a Cowboy. The Saints will take the low road and go for more draft picks possibly by trading him to the Boys but I don't see them taking him to keep. :thumb: