Vince Young (Texas)*

Brady Quinn (Notre Dame)*

Brian Brohm (Louisville)*

Omar Jacobs (Bowling Green)*

Jared Zabranskey (Boise State)*

Jordan Palmer (UTEP)*

Sam Keller (Arizona State)*

Chris Leak (Florida)*

NOTE: * represents that the player is an underclassman and could stay in school.

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE '07 CLASS COULD BE ONE OF THE BETTER ONES EVER?????????

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Leinert (USC) - Legit

Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt) - Legit

Drew Olsen (UCLA) - Skeptical

DJ Shockley (Georgia) - Highly skeptical

Charlie Whitehurst (Clemson) - Even more highly skeptial, I don't know if he has had back to back good games at Clemson

Vince Young (Texas)* - Will stay in school

Brady Quinn (Notre Dame)* - Will stay in school

Brian Brohm (Louisville)* - Only a sophomore

Omar Jacobs (Bowling Green)* - Good upside

Jared Zabranskey (Boise State)* - Eh, lower round pick if he come out

Jordan Palmer (UTEP)* - Living off brothers name

Sam Keller (Arizona State)* - Average

Chris Leak (Florida)* - Not as good as we thought he would be at this point, will stay in school

In a word. No.

Also, the only thing the Saints owner cares about is moving to LA. He may surprise me, but I don't see any way in the world this guy drafts Leinert. Bledsoe is nearing the end of his run. Draft Leinert, give him time to learn under Bledsoe, then let him take over and be the next great Cowboys QB.

Titans will probably try for a vet QB (Kittna) as a transitional until they can pick a quality QB. If the Titans draft 6-12, that is WAY too high for Cutler. Cutler is a low first, maybe second rounder.

The McNair contract is very tricky. If they keep him, they'll take about a 15 mill cap hit next season. I don't think the Titans are sold on Billy V as a starter. However to be objective, last year when he had a chance to prepare and was the starter when McNair went out, he looked super. This season it's been all spot duty.

Both QB's have been hampered by an underacheiving o-line, no deep threat, and spotty RB production.

Titan's also need a #1 receiver. Bennett is NOT a #1 guy.

(Gosh, what do they NOT need???)

Titans will probably try for a vet QB (Kittna) as a transitional until they can pick a quality QB. If the Titans draft 6-12, that is WAY too high for Cutler. Cutler is a low first, maybe second rounder.

The McNair contract is very tricky. If they keep him, they'll take about a 15 mill cap hit next season. I don't think the Titans are sold on Billy V as a starter. However to be objective, last year when he had a chance to prepare and was the starter when McNair went out, he looked super. This season it's been all spot duty.

Both QB's have been hampered by an underacheiving o-line, no deep threat, and spotty RB production.

They have a young team, no need to go out and blow money on a big name when they have Calico, Jones, Roby, and Williams who are alll young! Calico is still young and has time to become a threat for the Titans and the other three are rookies that showed alot of promise this season! I think the Titans are fine at WR!

I agree Cutler low 1st rd. or later pick. This is a bad year for QBs since Young, Jacobs and Brady Quinn are probably staying in school its Leinart. Next year looks like a great year for QBs the first 5 QBs available next season could be all rated about the same!

I disagree about the receiver part Bennett is not the answer but I think Brandon Jones could be that guy. Rodell Williams & Courtney Roby has shown potential I would trade Bennett and pick up another vet. Calico will stay because he has one more year on contract and I have heard the Titans are afraid to give him up and watch him finally be a big time player for another team.

And if New Orleans gets to the #1 spot, how much do you want to bet Matt Leinert is a Dallas Cowboy this time next year?

I think he will be picked first if they have the pick but what is your reasoning behind him going to Dallas? I would much rather have him go to Dallas than go to NO and have his talent drowned and become another Heath Shular. :)

I think he will be picked first if they have the pick but what is your reasoning behind him going to Dallas? I would much rather have him go to Dallas than go to NO and have his talent drowned and become another Heath Shular. :)

Heath was a bust in Washington way before he stole the paycheck from New Orleans.

Heath's problems were that he was drafted way too high; he should have stayed in school another year to work on his arm strength; Sonny Jurgenson did not like him; and he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. Then he held out and got hurt- and found his calling in real estate and now politics.

Calico is a huge bust (did someone say Jake Schifino?). He was a project to begin with but the last two seasons have been a total waste because of injuries. He is so far behind right now, that if all three rookies are healthy he won't sniff the field. The Titans will stay with him for next season, but he has to have the mother of all efforts (off-season as well as on) to justify keeping him any further.

IMO, Bennett just will never be a #1, and while Brandon Jones has got potential, he won't be a number #1 for a couple of seasons. What do we do until then? I think you bring in a vet (Reggie Wayne would be a blessing), but the crop of free agents (except TO) is nothing special.

As bad as the defense has been looking in run stopping the last few weeks, AJ Hawk, Ryans from Alabama, or others may be Fisher's choice. Titans linebacker crew is SLOW

Heath's problems were that he was drafted way too high; he should have stayed in school another year to work on his arm strength; Sonny Jurgenson did not like him; and he isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. Then he held out and got hurt- and found his calling in real estate and now politics.

Calico is a huge bust (did someone say Jake Schifino?). He was a project to begin with but the last two seasons have been a total waste because of injuries. He is so far behind right now, that if all three rookies are healthy he won't sniff the field. The Titans will stay with him for next season, but he has to have the mother of all efforts (off-season as well as on) to justify keeping him any further.

IMO, Bennett just will never be a #1, and while Brandon Jones has got potential, he won't be a number #1 for a couple of seasons. What do we do until then? I think you bring in a vet (Reggie Wayne would be a blessing), but the crop of free agents (except TO) is nothing special.

As bad as the defense has been looking in run stopping the last few weeks, AJ Hawk, Ryans from Alabama, or others may be Fisher's choice. Titans linebacker crew is SLOW

I not sure how heath's success in real estate and politics has anything to do with his performance in New Orleans. I do agree he was drafted to high, but that was washingtion's fault, not heath. heath was just not made for the NFL, period. I loved him a Tennessee and wish he had stayed another year, but I do not think it would have changed the out come of his career.

Oh, I agree that it wasn't Heath's fault he was drafted where he was - it just played a huge part in unrealistic expectations for him. In retrospect, he was talent-wise no better than a third rounder. Had he been a backup, he might have stuck a while longer, but who knows?

In New Orleans, his foot injury just totally hindered his ability, and then his confidence tanked. His story is just an unfortuanate example of bad decisions and bad timing. He's better off where he is now. Great college QB, but not NFL worthy.