Siegel at Cookeville

THE SQUAD

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel[/url]Nation07' post='825867117' date='Dec 9 2005 - 11:37 PM']

I wouldnt dread it i think yall have the talent to beat them. Yall prolly are the most underrated team in district even though ur undefeated in district play

Did I tell you that I am REALLY starting to respect your posts?? :justwrestle:

I am amazed that OHS has played so well with sooooo many young players. Bodes well for our futire I think. And of course King seems to get the most out of his players.

I am thrilled to hear that lil Cutter got so many pts. I like that kid.....

What she is referring to is people continually saying Siegel is overrated they will lose eventually...people are playing them close so they will lose soon enough. I think it is a testament to the experience and coaching of these players that they can be not nearly 100% as a team and still pull out the W vs. Good teams.

The way I see it Siegel beat Cookeville playing Cookeville's game...the 3 ball. Siegel lead most of the way until 1 minute to go when Cookeville took a 68-67 lead. Siegel was balanced all night with Caleb Harper having a huge night. Hennigan WAS Cookeville tonight. He did everything for them. Nobody else really did alot in my opinion besides him. All 5 Siegel Starters were in double figures

Jimmy Oden 18

Darius Roper 13

Tyler Cutter 12

CALEB HARPER 12

Rod Alexander 11

What I didn't understand is Caleb Harper was obviously feeling it tonight yet they kept taking him out after he would hit a 3. He scored the first 6 points of the night and then they took him out???? Why

It was amazing to see Jimmy dribbling up the court with 10 seconds to go so non chalantly and then they call a timeout and he looks like he just got out of bed. Kid is so calm under pressure. Everyone in the building knew it was going to him since Darius Roper was injured/fouled out yet he still came through. Great game with 2 really good teams. INCREDIBLE ENDING

BTW you were right cookeville fan forgot which one you were....the game was won a BUZZARD beater hahaah

and hard hitter...please do not even think of saying the way Cookeville lost this game wasn't right because Jimmy pushed Wolf with 1 second to go so he could make the shot...thats ridiculous and all it does is make yourself look bad, sour grapes anyone?

In Jimmy We Trust, couldnt have said it better Hoolie! :justwrestle:

Guest dare_2_dream

what a game. as a fan of siegel, i am glad they won. as a fan of the game of basketball, i love it. this was an incredible performance by both teams. hats off to cookeville, really thought you had us for about 3 secs. :justwrestle:

man what can one say? jimmy amazes me but yet again with his late game clutchness. the play appeared to have broken down and jimmy took over and muscled his way to get the shot off, told wolf to get big. wolf tried his best, and i give him credit for sticking with jimmy like he did. caleb harper is my hero of the night though. he came out on fire and hit two major threes going in clutch time. cutter had a nice game himself. this was a team effort. jimmy might have hit the last shot to win it but i respect everyones efforts tonight, not only for siegel but also for cookeville. great game to both teams

It was a great game to watch if you did not have a dog in the fight. As for me, i was heartbroken that a shot that looked so bad ( it was about 6in from not even hitting the backboard) could bank in for a win. Wolf did an excellent job guarding Oden, Henningan played well as did Hill. I don't know about anyone else who was attending the game, but it seemed like that last 3.5 seconds seemed to be closer to 5 or 6 seconds. Cookeville showed great poise from coming behind by 9 points and came within 6 in and 3,5 seconds from beating one of the top teams in the state.

Guest dare_2_dream

It was a great game to watch if you did not have a dog in the fight. As for me, i was heartbroken that a shot that looked so bad ( it was about 6in from not even hitting the backboard) could bank in for a win. Wolf did an excellent job guarding Oden, Henningan played well as did Hill. I don't know about anyone else who was attending the game, but it seemed like that last 3.5 seconds seemed to be closer to 5 or 6 seconds. Cookeville showed great poise from coming behind by 9 points and came within 6 in and 3,5 seconds from beating one of the top teams in the state.

yeah ill admit that was a long 3.5 seconds but hey you cant blame it on homecooking...