Cleveland vs. Walker Valley 5AAA

volntn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What everyone is failing to do is, look at the Big picture of the WV vs CHS game. Alyson Butler did not win the game by herself. She is an amazing player but no credit has been given to those who assisted to the win while she was in and out of the game. There has been no mention that #10 Ashley Iverson had 11 rebounds....the most on either team[/b]....or WV's defense by Alex Walker and Tishina Isom and Iverson. Had it not been for Alyson's teammates WV would not have won. Credit is not being given where it is due. WV's post player #10 did not allow CHS's post players to score...has that even been mentioned. WV was not supposed to win because Cleveland has such large post...well I think credit needs to be given to where it is due and not soley to Alyson Butler.

So...................Is it Alverson or Iverson? LOL! Anyways- Everybody played great, everybody contributed, and I think everybody IS getting plenty of credit from what I have read so far. Brooke hamby gets my vote for coming off the bench and giving a big lift to turn things around! ;) Go Lady Mustangs! (Go Aly, Aly, Alyson)

The Best Teams Win Together, Lose Together, and NEVER Dawg each other!

(Don't worry about who gets what credit, My Daddy always said "If your good everybody will know it- you dont have to tell them about it!" )

Edited by ~justme~

;) Wow! what a game.Cleveland and WV really got down in a defensive slugfest.Alyson Bulter may not get a lot of props from you guy in east Tenn;but she played well enough in the second half to help her team pull off a great win.She had a lot of help from the supporting cast to go along with her 21 points.Anna Thomas and No.10 came up with some key rebounds.Both these girls held their own against the bigger Cleveland front line.Cleveland`s big girl No.32 is a excellent post prospect.No.22 the young lady who defended Alyson did a great job denying Alyson the ball;but once Alyson got the ball the had no one who could stop her from getting the look she wanted in the second half.No.3 for WV keyed the comeback with 2 deep 3`s to start the second half after being down 11 at the half. :

What kinda props u want her to have. She was picked number three in the Chattanooga area only behind Houts (best PG in the south) and Pickel (number three player in state). And in front of Kerry Simpson and Shonda Smith who I think are awesomely good players. so thats a good prop for her. hard to imagine what kind of props you want her to have. And I don't know what game u were at there last nite to say that she would deserve more props. she is an all-stater and everything else. what else can we do for her in east tennessee. She is a great individual player but they won last night because of the team effort. Third quarter the subs brought back the mustangs. Butler came in second half and looked awesome but first half she kept throwing it up. last night should have proven to her and everybody that it is going to take a team effort to win games against good teams and more than one needs to try to score. Good teams need two or three in double figures not just one. What about Hamby? She is going to be a thorn in the side of opposing teams in the future.(or present, she was last nite) Alverson controlled the boards. what happened to smith and that other big girl. They didn't do nothing second half, and wells is one of the best guards in this area and she didn't impress me last nite. Anyway, I am glad that walker valley won cause now everybody is on equal playing terms. cumberland probaly has the edge though but all the district games are so close.

:) I thought I gave credit to the other players.I was not trying to dish any of the other WV players.I thought I gave credit to the other impact players who played a great role in the win.My intention was not to start any in-fighting,just to express a thought from an outside view.I expressed my appreciation for the game changing play of NO.10 andNO.3.Anna didnot rebound a lot if any at all,but she fought hard against a terrific post player.NO.10 and 23 did also.

Can't we all just chill out and enjoy the fact that we have some outstanding players in District-5AAA this year? And although they are very good in their own right, they can only be as successful as the contribution by their teammates will allow them to be. It is NOT a sport of individual players but TEAM players. All players have to play the game in a team format. They cannot carry a team on their own without the support of others on the floor. Else, they are doomed to failure. Good players let the game come to them. They will get their chances but they must realize that anyone can have an off night. When that happens then they must make the pass, get the rebound, play the tough defense. Basketball is not just a game of scoring points. That's why we keep track of assists, steals and rebounds, etc. You show me a team with a poor shooting night and I'll show you a team that can still win the game if they will only just box out for rebounds and play tough defense.

Offense puts meat in the seats but defense (and rebounding) win championships.

Good luck to all the teams in District 5-AAA!

What was nice to see after the horn sounded, was, through it all, the TEAM as a whole celebrated "together" with the coaches on the floor, not ONE person jumping up and down saying I did this, but the TEAM. Victory was not achieved by ONE person's success, but by the TEAM pulling together to help each other out. For those celebration moments, I would say none of the kids cared less about who did what or who gets the credit. They WON, and that was all that mattered.

THEN...... the coaches, radio and newspaper people stepped in and started naming off names, singling out just a few of many of the TEAM members, who enabled victory to be achieved.

Personally, I don't think most of the kids give a crap about who gets the headlines. It's us, the parents. Most of the kids, just want to win! I'm sure that all the players would like to mentioned and have their moment in the sun, rightfully so, and honestly, I feel the Coaches, newspaper and radio people could and should, spread it around a little bit more, if they tried, instead of pretty much always singling out a precious few, but the fact is, equal credit and exposure is not going to happen.

Real "TEAM PLAYERS", and I repeat TEAM PLAYERS, know they can't do it along. Regardless of what parents, coaches, etc might say, ONE person can't do it! It's take a "TEAM" and WV......you got a very good "TEAM"......work hard to stay that way!!!!!

Now....go take care of business at Bradley!!!!! :lol:

Hey lets not generalize radio people in Tennessee!! There is such thing as fair radio coverage, and as a matter of fact it takes place in crossville Tennessee with the coverage of Jet and Lady Jet basketball! Nobody gets all of the credit on this broadcast there is a sponsored "Player of the Game" but everybodys accomplishments are mentioned!! :blink:

What needs to be said is Alyson Butler did not soley win that game by herself..and for everyones info. Anna T did not have any rebounds and #10's name is Ashley Alverson who led both teams in rebounds w/ 11...it takes more than 1 player to win a ball game!!!!

Who said Anna T. didn't have any rebounds?If they did, they were missing some stats. I'll repeat your quote - it takes more than 1 player to win a ball game and everyone who played made a contribution.