2006 Regions 4-3A & 5-3A

Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has lots to do with it.it means he came from a good pedigree of football buddy. yeah University of Tennessee thats D-1 if u don't know and mr.ziegler started as a sophmore at linebacker during the 1985 SEC championship and was part of them winning the rose bowl that year. so it has lots to do with it.

Guest catfish-hunter

it has lots to do with it.it means he came from a good pedigree of football buddy. yeah University of Tennessee thats D-1 if u don't know and mr.ziegler started as a sophmore at linebacker during the 1985 SEC championship and was part of them winning the rose bowl that year. so it has lots to do with it.

Yeah pain train!!! What are you some kind of idiot :thumb:

Since his dad played at Tennessee that means he's going to play at Tennessee. If you live in Greenbrier and your dad's a farmer well then you'll one day be a farmer. It's all in that Robertson County water, except for cities like Springfield ;)

Yeah pain train!!! What are you some kind of idiot :P

Since his dad played at Tennessee that means he's going to play at Tennessee. If you live in Greenbrier and your dad's a farmer well then you'll one day be a farmer. It's all in that Robertson County water, except for cities like Springfield :D

Wow catfish.... thanks for the kind reflections on the Greenbrier faithful.. ;) someone who's located that far down Hwy 49W is dogging GREENBRIER?.... :D

Seriously,

Coach Zeigler's past accomplishments at UT are impressive but those alone won't help Zach or Greenbrier. With that being said, Zach will be, and has always been a " go to " type player and he'll be a player that'll be counted on big-time in the next few years. Anyone who's ever been around Coach Zeigler knows how he approaches the games and what he expects from his players. Zach being his son gives him a special insight to being successful on the field. The athletic ability is there also. Coach Zeigler being a part of the Greenbrier staff IS one of the reasons for the Cats success.

Whether it'll be true in this case remains to be seen but there IS something to the "bloodline" when it comes to athletics. It'll get players extra looks and college coaches will take more chances when dad has been there and done it. No guarantees anywhere but it can make a huge difference.

Edited by NoDoubt

Guest catfish-hunter

Wow catfish.... thanks for the kind reflections on the Greenbrier faithful.. ;) someone who's located that far down Hwy 49W is dogging GREENBRIER?.... :P

Seriously,

Coach Zeigler's past accomplishments at UT are impressive but those alone won't help Zach or Greenbrier. With that being said, Zach will be, and has always been a " go to " type player and he'll be a player that'll be counted on big-time in the next few years. Anyone who's ever been around Coach Zeigler knows how he approaches the games and what he expects from his players. Zach being his son gives him a special insight to being successful on the field. The athletic ability is there also. Coach Zeigler being a part of the Greenbrier staff IS one of the reasons for the Cats success.

Whether it'll be true in this case remains to be seen but there IS something to the "bloodline" when it comes to athletics. It'll get players extra looks and college coaches will take more chances when dad has been there and done it. No guarantees anywhere but it can make a huge difference.

If I had made a post that ridiculous don't you think that GreenbrierCat2 or FatCat would have been the first people on here making jokes????

I DO :thumb:

BTW, here in Cheatham Co. we've never seen a Tennessee Volunteer with the exception being Mr. Casteel (father of Cubs linebacker Clint Casteel). I promise you that all of Clint's success this past year and his going to play at the next level in the fall are not due to the fact that his father played for Tennessee.

THAT'S JUST STUPID!!!!

BTW, here in Cheatham Co. we've never seen a Tennessee Volunteer with the exception being Mr. Casteel (father of Cubs linebacker Clint Casteel). I promise you that all of Clint's success this past year and his going to play at the next level in the fall are not due to the fact that his father played for Tennessee.

THAT'S JUST STUPID!!!!

Maybe not that his dad played at UT but maybe that he was a higher level athlete. How do you really know for sure what makes him successful isn't the same thing that allowed his dad to be successful? Unless you've spent hours breaking down his mental make-up, that's a pretty bold statement. I've talked to several college coaches, some who recruit Div. 1/SEC, and have been told point blank that it makes a difference. Legacy players for college programs are huge. Not only is the player more likely to have the physical gifts of the parents but he'll most often have the drive also. If the dad played at any level connected with college, the kid will get a better look than the average athlete. Right or wrong, chances are the kid will have had a much more focused and driven approach to sports since he first picked up a ball.

Edited by NoDoubt

Guest catfish-hunter

Maybe not that his dad played at UT but maybe that he was a higher level athlete. How do you really know for sure what makes him successful isn't the same thing that allowed his dad to be successful? Unless you've spent hours breaking down his mental make-up, that's a pretty bold statement. I've talked to several college coaches, some who recruit Div. 1/SEC, and have been told point blank that it makes a difference. Legacy players for college programs are huge. Not only is the player more likely to have the physical gifts of the parents but he'll most often have the drive also. If the dad played at any level connected with college, the kid will get a better look than the average athlete. Right or wrong, chances are the kid will have had a much more focused and driven approach to sports since he first picked up a ball.

Clint Casteel got to where he is today not from inheriting physical traits but instead it is from his hard work and the fact that he's a trememndous young man. Countless hours in the weight room and on the practice field results in someone's being good not physical traits inherited.

Yo Dog!

Ok...it is obvious that last does not sit well with you, so lets say maybe 7th??

The past is the past...Spring Hill and MC will definately give this Page team a run for their money.

"Super Talented QB"?????????????

It appears that Independence High School may be a sore topic for the Page faithful. Maybe the opening of IHS is finally hitting home for Page?

And you guys open up with IHS in the fall, right? I bet that will be a tough loss to cope with.

Anyways....Good Luck!

Why would Indy be a tough loss..it is a 5a school...and most of the Seniors started playing at Page......let'see the past is the past????...please tell me when the LAST time either team beat Page???

Clint Casteel got to where he is today not from inheriting physical traits but instead it is from his hard work and the fact that he's a trememndous young man. Countless hours in the weight room and on the practice field results in someone's being good not physical traits inherited.

Catfish.... you've really amazed me with this one......

Do you mean to say that you believe DNA or genetics have no effect whatsoever on athletics? I'm not at all saying that this young man didn't bust his butt in the weight room and on the field but for you to say that his genetic make-up has nothing to do with who or what he is, is beyond comprehension. First, I don't think you can physically look into his genetic make-up to see if his genetics have played a part or not. Second, if DNA or genetics didn't affect future athletic production, why would people pay a million dollars for a KY Derby winner to have sex with another horse? If what you say is true, they could just get any old horse from anywhere, put the best trainer with it, train it for countless ours at the track, and then go win the derby.

Sure, you're always going to have plenty of athletes that make it and their parents never set foot on any court or field. But, the chances are much greater for a athlete to succeed if he has it in his lineage. (this is why there's a question on most recruiting forms asking if you have any relatives who have ever played)

Why would Indy be a tough loss..it is a 5a school...and most of the Seniors started playing at Page......let'see the past is the past????...please tell me when the LAST time either team beat Page???

By tough loss I mean it would have to be hard to watch your Page team get beat by a group of players that were once Patriots...and also have everyone in the Page stands blaming the school system and the zone lines for the loss.

I know many of the kids that you are referring to...and not "most" of them played at Page..only a few (4-5). Remaining kids are from Centennial High.

From the looks of it...IHS has really taken its toll on both Page and Centennial since it opened. Both programs have dropped in numbers and athletes. Good for IHS..bad for Page and CHS..in more ways than one.

As for when either SH or MC beat Page...have no clue..and really do not care. All I know is that both SH and MC and anyone else in the region this year should be able to handle Page this year. Page loses MANY seniors and this will show in the fall.

Bulldog...maybe you can explain why this Page Senior group underachieved? Wasn't this the class/year that all of Page had been waiting for?

Good Luck!