2006 Regions 4-3A & 5-3A

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

By tough loss I mean it would have to be hard to watch your Page team get beat by a group of players that were once Patriots...and also have everyone in the Page stands blaming the school system and the zone lines for the loss.

I know many of the kids that you are referring to...and not "most" of them played at Page..only a few (4-5). Remaining kids are from Centennial High.

From the looks of it...IHS has really taken its toll on both Page and Centennial since it opened. Both programs have dropped in numbers and athletes. Good for IHS..bad for Page and CHS..in more ways than one.

As for when either SH or MC beat Page...have no clue..and really do not care. All I know is that both SH and MC and anyone else in the region this year should be able to handle Page this year. Page loses MANY seniors and this will show in the fall.

Bulldog...maybe you can explain why this Page Senior group underachieved? Wasn't this the class/year that all of Page had been waiting for?

Good Luck!

I've gotta go against you here bulldog69. Page was in all likelyhood the most disappointing team in the entire midstate (any classification) last year. There were many that had them predicted to win the entire region. Close losses to Giles Co., Marshall Co., and Creek Wood did them in because in all honesty the Page coaching failed them down the stretch in each of those games.

You've gotta at least be willing to admit that :thumb:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By tough loss I mean it would have to be hard to watch your Page team get beat by a group of players that were once Patriots...and also have everyone in the Page stands blaming the school system and the zone lines for the loss.

I know many of the kids that you are referring to...and not "most" of them played at Page..only a few (4-5). Remaining kids are from Centennial High.

From the looks of it...IHS has really taken its toll on both Page and Centennial since it opened. Both programs have dropped in numbers and athletes. Good for IHS..bad for Page and CHS..in more ways than one.

As for when either SH or MC beat Page...have no clue..and really do not care. All I know is that both SH and MC and anyone else in the region this year should be able to handle Page this year. Page loses MANY seniors and this will show in the fall.

Bulldog...maybe you can explain why this Page Senior group underachieved? Wasn't this the class/year that all of Page had been waiting for?

Good Luck!

HitorBehit:

You are on track about Page, Cent, and IHS. There are a few players that were to be at Page that are now currently playing for the Eagles. As for the game this coming fall....Fans for both schools better enjoy it. This may be the last time they play each other, ever! Both schools administration can not agree on continuning the "Battle for 840." This August will be the final matchup between these two schools. Just for extra drama...the game will ironically be played at Page.

In talking with the coaching staff at IHS, they are focus on their season. Yes, they are looking forward to the game with Page. But, that is not their main focus. They are looking forward to gaining a foothold in their region. It is more important to win region games than a non-region game. Even if they do win, as bulldog said they are a 5A team and Page is a 3A team, the only thing that matters is a little bragging rights. It has no direct affect on their playoff hopes. IHS beats Page, everyone will say they are suppose to because they are the larger school. They lose and the folks at Page act as if they won the state championship. Page has been a good school for the past nine years or so. Playoff contenders for almost everyone of those years. Coach Bennett and his staff did an excellent job in turning the program around. Now, they may go into a little funk. However, the current staff with Palmer and company can guide the ship in the right direction. They need to focus on their region just as much as they do with IHS.

Best wishes to both teams on the coming season. Hopefully, I will be in town to see the game with Page and IHS.

Good Luck!

No QB... the 1st team QB hardly played at all and too many injuries all around. They gave Lipscomb their best game in the region and played 5a Champ Ravenwood a very good game. Did their record show that they underachieved...yes....disappointing ...yes.

I know of two more subdivisions that opened in Page's district. I also talked to our board rep who said Indy could be 3000 students if they don't re-district AND build another school. It is a shame that all of the schools can't be the same size and play each other all of the time. By the way...if there are only 4-5 kids from Page left...there were over 20 re-zoned to Indy in that class...that doesn't say much for the coaches at Indy and the depth they will need. Indy is 2-3 injuries away from 1-9 again.

Edited by bulldog69

No QB... the 1st team QB hardly played at all and too many injuries all around. They gave Lipscomb their best game in the region and played 5a Champ Ravenwood a very good game. Did their record show that they underachieved...yes....disappointing ...yes.

I know of two more subdivisions that opened in Page's district. I also talked to our board rep who said Indy could be 3000 students if they don't re-district AND build another school. It is a shame that all of the schools can't be the same size and play each other all of the time. By the way...if there are only 4-5 kids from Page left...there were over 20 re-zoned to Indy in that class...that doesn't say much for the coaches at Indy and the depth they will need. Indy is 2-3 injuries away from 1-9 again.

It does seem the post Jerod Elliott area has been hard on Page. From what I remember about the Page 2004 season..several Qb's were used there...and in 2005..did you not have 2 seniors for the job? Which of the two was your 1st team QB?

Williamson County has not figured out yet how to zone or build schools large enough to accomodate their "zones". They will throw up schools wherever they can find a prime piece of land if they can..build it just "large enough" to hold 1800-2000 then build another if it fills up. Why not make them a little larger from the get-go to accomodate the growth?? Pretty simple formula if you ask me...but they don't..they get paid the big $$ to plan it out.

From what I know..the senior class to be at IHS is not very large..small in number, so the youth factor will continue there again in the fall. Only 12-15 seniors to be this coming fall...and i do know that about 1/2 of them were rezoned from Centennial...so that leaves the others from Page or new to the school. IHS should make a decent run this fall, and lead into a 2007 and 2008 campaign that could get them where Ravenwood was this past fall...and on the same timeframe..somewhat ironic, huh?

I would agree with the depth issue in a sense..depth is there, but young depth.