FCS destroys CCHS

Dawg05

This will be good for Clay co. in the long run. Pickett lost to Clarkrange last year, which certainmly was a wake up call, then went to the state. Now that Clay Co. knows that they not only can get beat, but beaten badly, they'll be ready for every game. Pickett played terrible last night against Jackson Co. too and they've beaten way better teams this year than JC. So, teams really have to be ready to play every night. Now that it's clear 8A wont be a pushover this year in the region, Clay knows it's win or go to Chattanooga and then go home. Also, Clay Co. wasn't unbeaten anyway. That Pope John Paul game was played and they did lose, whether they count it or not. Why wasn't Walden there?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be good for Clay co. in the long run. Pickett lost to Clarkrange last year, which certainmly was a wake up call, then went to the state. Now that Clay Co. knows that they not only can get beat, but beaten badly, they'll be ready for every game. Pickett played terrible last night against Jackson Co. too and they've beaten way better teams this year than JC. So, teams really have to be ready to play every night. Now that it's clear 8A wont be a pushover this year in the region, Clay knows it's win or go to Chattanooga and then go home. Also, Clay Co. wasn't unbeaten anyway. That Pope John Paul game was played and they did lose, whether they count it or not. Why wasn't Walden there?

Good Post!!!! I think you are right, Celina just had to find out that they could take a whooping to and get there focus back to wnere it belongs!!!

First, Saylor hurt his foot, maybe a sprain 2-3 weeks is estimate I heard. Secondly, Pope John Paul was hall of fame game, and everyone knows they don't count on the record unless you want them to. Therefore, Clay was 7-0, does not matter now though does it?

FightClub

P.s. to play 4 fun- I never said that the coaches were on coacht hyping themselves...I would hope they wouldnt stoop to that level....fans on here most definately were, (maybe players I don't know, alot of people say we!) but the coaches from pickett and unaka after being at pickett's tournament earlier this year were saying that celina is going on and on about how good they are going to be this year and how they don't think anyone will touch them...those are FACTS-- deal with it or blame it on my illusions if you want to continue living in denial.

Like you said, to think Clay Co. coaches would do that is pauthetic. I can't really believe you got on here and put that. At this Pickett tournament they supposedly said, or did not say these things, I am REALLY sure that clay was not playing at PC this year, coaches may have been there, I don't know. But, I bet they weren't engaging in the things you are saying they did. Besides, one loss is not the end of the season, they are not overrated, and as far as the "hype" goes, it was not the players or the coaches. Now, if we want to talk about "hype", go through and count all the boards on coacht, you will find two things, one group complaining, and one group "hyping". ON EVERY board everyone is talking about the team they have, etc, but Clay lost one game so far this season, so they are the ones that are bragging. I see. Good Luck to the Dawgs, you should kill G-ville by going out and proving a point early.

You really should finish high school.....you told me that my comment was dumb b/c I wasn't at the game so I don't know what happened....that makes no kind of sense whatsoever considering that I said that clay wasn't invincible or as good as they hyped themselves to be... So if i was at the game i would have known that clay wasn't hyping themselves??? either through hearsay or through other coaches?-I think not....I would have obviously known that they aren't as good b/c they got spanked but that is besides the point...usually you don't have everyone predicting a 15-20 point spread in your favor and then get beat by 23!!

Just b/c I wasn't at the game doesn't mean that I don't know what happened....

P.s. to play 4 fun- I never said that the coaches were on coacht hyping themselves...I would hope they wouldnt stoop to that level....fans on here most definately were, (maybe players I don't know, alot of people say we!) but the coaches from pickett and unaka after being at pickett's tournament earlier this year were saying that celina is going on and on about how good they are going to be this year and how they don't think anyone will touch them...those are FACTS-- deal with it or blame it on my illusions if you want to continue living in denial.

Everyone knew we weren't invincible but we are also far from over hyped. We usually lose to FCS in the regular season anyway, so I'm not to worried about it. The stuff you said about our coaches is a bunch of bull. Coach Bibb and Coach Edwards are friends and if anything Bibb might have been telling coach how good our team was. I'm sure what you said is nothing but a lie and probably something else you didn't witness. Jan. 16 is circled on the calendar so come that night and see how hyped you think this team is.

Way to back up one dumb comment by making another one. Clay played worse than I have ever seen, they played down to a bad k-8 team tonight. They were beat in every way, and Dawg05 admitted that, and then you get on here and say some dumb crap like that. When you say Clay hyped themselves up, do you mean the players or the fans? Big question there, huh? I have not seen many Celina players on here talking themselves up, you know why, because they have more class than that, and more class than you, so it seems. Yeah, they played beyond terrible tonight, and then one of their diehard fans gets on here and admits it, and you take shots, and like he said if you were not at the game, you could not know how bad they played. Can I get some DEFENSE on #3 in the first half, Casey Ferrell did a good job on him second half, did it take Celina a half to figure out this kid can shoot? NO just 4 3 pointers!! I also would have like too have seen some defense on #20-app. 20 pts. Come on guys, I have seen you play alot of games, and that is DEFINITELY by far the worst. Pick your heads up and head to Gordonsville and kick some butt, you have to prove a point now. Saylor Walden is not scoring many points this year, but EVERYONE sees how much Celina missed him tonight. They missed his Defense, they missed his shooting, when he's opened, they missed EVERY aspect of his game, and could have definitely used him, as his presence was definitely missed. Friendship Christian, I got to say you played much better tonight than I thought you would, I was planning on leaving at halftime with Clay ahead by alot, but you showed up to play ball, and took this game by far. Congratulations. Now that Clay has lost a game, and that undefeated deal is gone, now they can show how to pick it up and play ball. Good Luck to Clay in the upcoming game, and FCS too because they will need it the next time they play Clay.

Well said Play 4 Fun! Like you said Saylor hasn't been scoring much at all this year, but SAYLOR'S DEFENSE is outstanding!!!!! Don't get me wrong the other players have good D too, but none of them compare to Saylor. Saylor was greatly missed last night. But he will be back soon! Good luck to Clay Co.

Well said Play 4 Fun! Like you said Saylor hasn't been scoring much at all this year, but SAYLOR'S DEFENSE is outstanding!!!!! Don't get me wrong the other players have good D too, but none of them compare to Saylor. Saylor was greatly missed last night. But he will be back soon! Good luck to Clay Co.

Good post. Sorry i didn't post earlier on this subject but i've been gone. Clay Co. got beat in every phase of the game period. Friendship just seems to match up good against us and couple that with the loss of one the best defenders in high school basketball and the fact that we laid an egg for the game and there you go. However i credit FCS. They had a great game plan and took it to Clay Co. They played great defense and Clay seemed unable to do anything. If they play another game like this, it won't matter who the other team is they will lose. However its just one loss, it means next to nothing. Clay needs to get their heads on straight and get focused on winning their district and then worry about everything else. Which will be very tough for them to do. They have to realize they are the hunted this year. Just like Pickett Co. was last year, they are going to get everyone's best game and they need to bring their "A" game every night or they will get beat again and again. Once Walden gets back they should be fine but they all need to stay healthy because if not then who knows what might happen. From now on this poster is just going to talk about the next game, not what "might" be or "could" be. Good luck boys!!! :lol:

Seems like it was a tough loss for Clay to swallow. I am sure they will bounce back and be ready from here on out. Especailly after Coach Edwards gets done with them tomorrow, heh j/k. I would hate to be FCS the next time these 2 teams meet becuase I am pretty sure the outcome won't be the same. Anyways gl 2 both teams.

Words keep comin out of your mouth but all i hear is "blahblahblahblahblahblahblah"

hey dog05...not too worried about the game in january. had you taken care of business you wouldn't have to be circling dates on your calendar.

bitter much?

wahahahahha

Words keep comin out of your mouth but all i hear is "blahblahblahblahblahblahblah"

hey dog05...not too worried about the game in january. had you taken care of business you wouldn't have to be circling dates on your calendar.

bitter much?

wahahahahha

No need to circle any dates in January, if you remember correctly you beat Clay twice during the regular season and then got beat when it mattered in the region tournament. They might meet again next week in the Macon County tournament, however if Walden is still out then i dont see Clay winning the game. Its all about who is playing their best at the end of the year not in December, just remember that! :thumb:

They have beaten Unaka, Harriman and Van Buren and all three looked like better teams than Jackson Co.

just do not see that. maybe i'm biased. unaka (3-10), harriman (4-5), van buren (6-4), none of these records come close to jackson co. (8-4). also, jackson co. has 3 of its 4 losses to AAA schools and the other to a AA school. no one in single A will play a tougher schedule.

Unaka's record is deceiving...they lost to Beardon 10-1, Temple 9-1, Unicoi 12-2, they forfeited a game, lost to Johnson Co. 3-2, University School 4-1 and Pickett Co. 9-2 PLUS they beat Clay Co.

Herriman lost to Temple 9-1, Cosby 9-0, Rockwood 5-2 (they lost to Temple & Cosby) and to Kingston 6-4.

Van Buren only lost by 5 to Clay Co. at Clay Co. and lost to other good teams like Forrest

I just wasn't impressed with Jackson Co. I have only seen them once against Pickett Co. and in that game Pickett was awful and the game still was close until the last couple of minutes. Maybe Jackson Co. has played much better in other games.