Top Teams in AAA

BristolBoy

i dont know anything about the burning leaves in C.heights thing but bristolboy must be burning something to think tenn. high is even near the top 5 in state. they do have a good team and the refs are on there side to because of the arbys classic deal but i dont think even with all that said still they are not even near the top 5 or 10 or 15. but we really need to get the insight of i t shelly- cap 1- or dada..... but it is still a little early in the morning for him, him and the boys were out pretty late, hope the coach dont find out....... good dada

You want DADDY’S insight bballfan… well here it is. I see posters from the middle and west areas of the state supporting their teams while in the same breath giving other teams in and even outside their region respect where its due. But we in the NET area spent all our time and effort tearing each other’s team down. At first it was entertaining and in a sick kind of way showed the strong rivalries that exist in northeast tenn. But on a thread such as this it is downright embarrassing to read the posts from posters in this area. Tennessee High played one of the top teams in the nation (Bolivar Central) as close as you could and not get the win. But instead of congratulating them and giving them their props for obviously having a good game, we make idiotic statements like “the refs are on their side to because of the arbys classic”. Now we already know that we are at a geographical disadvantage because we on a regular basis are unable to put together a team with the combination of size and athleticisms that it takes to compete with the middle and western teams, so I don’t think we need to keep reminding each other of that. When we do get teams that have done VERY well against all local competition (this early in the season) and has proven that they can at least play with the big boys…why can’t we get behind them and pump them up if for no other reason but to inflate them to the other areas of the state to keep them guessing.

How’s that for vision bballfan!!! :lol:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want DADDY’S insight bballfan… well here it is. I see posters from the middle and west areas of the state supporting their teams while in the same breath giving other teams in and even outside their region respect where its due. But we in the NET area spent all our time and effort tearing each other’s team down. At first it was entertaining and in a sick kind of way showed the strong rivalries that exist in northeast tenn. But on a thread such as this it is downright embarrassing to read the posts from posters in this area. Tennessee High played one of the top teams in the nation (Bolivar Central) as close as you could and not get the win. But instead of congratulating them and giving them their props for obviously having a good game, we make idiotic statements like “the refs are on their side to because of the arbys classic”. Now we already know that we are at a geographical disadvantage because we on a regular basis are unable to put together a team with the combination of size and athleticisms that it takes to compete with the middle and western teams, so I don’t think we need to keep reminding each other of that. When we do get teams that have done VERY well against all local competition (this early in the season) and has proven that they can at least play with the big boys…why can’t we get behind them and pump them up if for no other reason but to inflate them to the other areas of the state to keep them guessing.

How’s that for vision bballfan!!! :lol:

it is easy to get on here and say all that, then when i look at all your post you are always taking cheap shots at central. no you dont rip S.H. or D.B. as much but you do rip central and south because they are county schools and you dont think they should be able to compete with your city schools. it is hard to get on here and talk good about other local teams when they all rip on us. central made it to the state last year and all you here from you is how bad they got beat and nothing about them having a good season.... you have to give a little to get a little

it is easy to get on here and say all that, then when i look at all your post you are always taking cheap shots at central. no you dont rip S.H. or D.B. as much but you do rip central and south because they are county schools and you dont think they should be able to compete with your city schools. it is hard to get on here and talk good about other local teams when they all rip on us. central made it to the state last year and all you here from you is how bad they got beat and nothing about them having a good season.... you have to give a little to get a little

Posted on: Mar 8 2005 - 01:08 AM

Congratulations Cougars … WAY TO REPRESENT!!!!!

I guess you can say I’m not what you would call a Central fan … but I got to give credit where credit is due!!! Truce??

SEE YA IN THE BORO!!!!!!!

Good luck

Believe me I give credit where credit is due…but I do see were you’re coming from. The city vs county thing isn’t even a factor for me. I could care less whether a team is from the city or the county…that argument is very petty if you ask me. Truth be known I was very proud of Central for the season that they had last year and was in full support of them throughout the playoffs. The bottom line is Central hasn’t been able to win the big games this year YET. If or when they do I will be one of the first to give them their props…even if it’s against THS.

Back to subject…Tennessee High does deserve a top ten look and I think they will be one of the teams to represent the East this year.

After tomorrow night, we'll know if Franklin belongs somewhere on the list! :thumb:

franklin is ok but they are not ready for whitescreek,hunterslane or seigle and if any one of those teams beat seigle it will be short lived when the other hoss comes back and when whitescreek loss the other day one of their main players was out also but anyway hunterslane was out of this world. :huh:

AAA is really up for grabs this year. Here's my top 5.

1.Siegel-Great team with a lack of depth just trying to hold on without Ramsey.

2.Ridgeway-Defending State Champs a great team even without Niles.

3.Bearden-Tony White Jr. puts Bearden this high on his own.

4.Shelbyville-2 great players in Tilley and Stewart with the most impressive win yet this year over <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>.

5.Tennessee High-Has dominated all opponents with the exception of Bolivar which had to have 2 buzzer beaters to beat them.

Others Considered:

Whites Creek-Has stomped every opponent

Bradley Central:Terrance Oglesby is lights out.

Raleigh Egypt:AAA shouldnt affect the program

Oak Ridge: 3 starters back from a state tourney team

What do you think?

Who else has a legitimate shot at the Gold Ball? Will it finally leave West Tennessee?

franklin is ok but they are not ready for whitescreek,hunterslane or seigle and if any one of those teams beat seigle it will be short lived when the other hoss comes back and when whitescreek loss the other day one of their main players was out also but anyway hunterslane was out of this world. :thumb:

Well let's see. Franklin beat Whites Creek in pre-season scrimmage but that doesn't really count. We beat Hunters Lane in June @ the Lipscomb Summer Camp and I guess that doesn't count for much. Then we beat Siegle @ Siegle Nation but it wasn't a District game so I guess that doesn't really count for much either.

Nope, we don't belong on that Top Teams list!!!

Ya know, some list or ranking is not gonna get you to "The Boro". And once there, it sure won't get you that gold ball. I just hope that we have one or more teams from Middle TN playing on the last two days. That AAA sweep by West TN last year was the pits!

Guest dare_2_dream

Well let's see. Franklin beat Whites Creek in pre-season scrimmage but that doesn't really count. We beat Hunters Lane in June @ the Lipscomb Summer Camp and I guess that doesn't count for much. Then we beat Siegle @ Siegle Nation but it wasn't a District game so I guess that doesn't really count for much either.

Nope, we don't belong on that Top Teams list!!!

Ya know, some list or ranking is not gonna get you to "The Boro". And once there, it sure won't get you that gold ball. I just hope that we have one or more teams from Middle TN playing on the last two days. That AAA sweep by West TN last year was the pits!

its Siegel!

you got one win over Siegel and now you think you deserve to be a top the list? Sure you all are undefeated, but what other quality opponents have you all played besides Siegel?