McMInn Central

haterofstupidity

The freshmen outlook is very good I think.

Kylie Lambert is tops of the class. She is starting right now and doing great. She has been the top scorer is several of the games this year, and her defence is also good. She is starting as a wing, and I think she plays best from there. She also runs point some, but she seems to focus on running the offence and not as much to score. (New position for her. I have no doubt that she will improve. ALOT)

Elizabeth Elder (Lizard) has been a BIG surprise this year. She is currently getting lots of playing time and is 2nd or 3rd on the team in rebounding. I'll have to recheck the stats on that. Lizard was used in elementary to get the ball to the post almost exclusively, and needs to break from that mold some. She needs to look to score more. She is a player that will get the job done on the floor, and very seldom hurt the team with mistakes. She will be around for four years and leave her mark.

Gabby Jordan is playing well. She had ACL surgery a year ago and is still getting her head to think and react as fast as her body moves. She is also playing a new position. In elementary she played post using strength and not height. She was tried first as a #4, but that didn't work well. Her strength isn't that much with high school girls. She is now a wing. She is having to get used to a new position. She is currently used as a defensive player, but needs to look for more offence. She has TONS of heart and drive, and she will only be getting better as she learns her new spot.

Chelsie Simbeck is the post player. She is getting better and better. I'll make some folks mad here, but I believe she deserves a shot at a starting roll. She is improving every game and getting stronger at the post. She needs to improve some on defence which may be the factor keeping her from starting, but on offence, I'd rather have her.

There are three others on the team, and no reflection of their play. This is just a look at the players that have been making the biggest impact right now on varsity. These four mentioned are getting about 3 to 4 minutes each quarter and doing a fine job.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can tell from my screen name I am Cami's mom, what you may not know is that I am Chelseas mom too, I just haven't figured out how to change my screen name yet,Ha Ha. I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis of the Freshman at Central, I would just like to know who you think Chelsea should be starting over. Even though she is my daughter, and I would love to see her start, Chelsea needs to pay her dues and mature as a high school player. I have known that the competition between my girls for the 5 position would be entertainment for some people but what people need to realize is that they are sisters first...teammates second. I have stressed that to them from the beginning. They both have their weak points and their strong points. Chelsea is playing good offense and Cami is playing good defense. Together, they make one good basketball player. But, I am a realistic parent and I realize they both need a lot of work to get the attention of any college scout. That is why I chose to send them to Central. I may not like everything the coaches decide(like most parents) but, I do respect their dedication to their players and I know they have my girls best interests at heart. I feel that Kylie truly deserves to start as a freshman due to the fact that she plays hard ALL of the time but the rest of Freshman mentioned are right where they should be, including Chelsea. Getting some serious minutes on the court. I have high hopes for this team and I absolutely love to watch them play...Thanks to all of the girls for your hard work and for finally pulling together as a team. Don't let what people say tear you apart.. GO Chargerettes.

Don't let what people say tear you apart.. GO Chargerettes.

I hope that you don't think that I'm trying to pull the girls apart. I think that these girls are exceptional and I look for them to be hosting the sub-state in a couple of months. But there are some things that I believe needs to happen before then. This freshmen group of girls need to realize they are APART of this team. They are not put in to rest the starters or feed the ball to the older girls. I Chelsie is a big part of this team playing at a State Tourn. level and the best way that I can think of is to have her get some starts now. Get it in her and the rest of the freshmen class's head, they are expected to play. There have been some flashes of that level, and there have been some flashes of "FRESHMEN" mistakes. The level of excellence will take time, but the "FRESHMEN" mistakes can be worked out now. Let Chelsie start. Get some time on the floor with the starters. Feel that she is needed, because she is. Then when the tourn. time rolls around these girls will have the experence to play to the level that they need to.

I have said all along. The girls on the floor are the ones that I would start. There isn't much that I disagree with in Coach Morgan's and Coach Young's game plans. How do you argue with the win/loss record that they have? But letting Chelsie, Lizard, Gabby, and some others get some starts is not taking away from anyone's college potential. It's makeing the team stronger.

I hope that you don't think that I'm trying to pull the girls apart. I think that these girls are exceptional and I look for them to be hosting the sub-state in a couple of months. But there are some things that I believe needs to happen before then. This freshmen group of girls need to realize they are APART of this team. They are not put in to rest the starters or feed the ball to the older girls. I Chelsie is a big part of this team playing at a State Tourn. level and the best way that I can think of is to have her get some starts now. Get it in her and the rest of the freshmen class's head, they are expected to play. There have been some flashes of that level, and there have been some flashes of "FRESHMEN" mistakes. The level of excellence will take time, but the "FRESHMEN" mistakes can be worked out now. Let Chelsie start. Get some time on the floor with the starters. Feel that she is needed, because she is. Then when the tourn. time rolls around these girls will have the experence to play to the level that they need to.

I have said all along. The girls on the floor are the ones that I would start. There isn't much that I disagree with in Coach Morgan's and Coach Young's game plans. How do you argue with the win/loss record that they have? But letting Chelsie, Lizard, Gabby, and some others get some starts is not taking away from anyone's college potential. It's makeing the team stronger.

I really appreciate your confidence in Chelsea's abilities. I too think that she will be an asset come tournament time as well as regular season games. She already has confidence in that she IS a part of a great ball team. All I am saying is this, being chosen as a starter for this team is a prestige thing, as I am sure it is with all basketball teams. The girls that start have put in the time and effort to receive the honor of having their name called out at the beginning of the game, with the exception of Kylie...she's just that darn good...who wouldn't start her? Coach Morgan has told these girls(as an incentive I'm sure) that he doesn't know who will start from game to game. This keeps the starters on their toes as far as I can see. If you haven't noticed, Chelsea is getting almost as much playing time per quarter as her sister does. So what difference does it make if she starts or not? I'll tell you the difference...It makes it look like Cami has does something to loose her starting position and when Cami doesn't play hard or has a bad attitude then I am sure Coach Morgan will give her a little push by letting her little sister take the jump ball. If you asked Chelsea personally, she would tell you this...I don't really want to start over my sister but if the threat of that makes Cami play hard all of the time then so be it. My two daughters try their very best to support each other but, I know deep down there is a natural rivalry that can benefit both of them if people will keep their comments to themselves about one of them shouldn't be starting. Thats hurtful and destroys morale.

I agree with cami's mom. You play the best five, not give a "start" to someone to boost their esteem to make them feel a part of the team for tourney time. What are you doing to the confidence of the one who suddenly is not starting? Don't you need their confidence for tourney time? Coach Morgan knows what he is doing.

Edited by maroonandwhite