Oak Ridge Girls break USA Today Top 10 in South Region Poll.

Ole Dad

You are incorrect Old Dad! I do know BB and that is the reason that I made my initial statement. My point was that they are not a top 10 team in the South. I'm not even sure if they are a top 10 team in the State. Time will tell if they are at that level but with young players it will be difficult. Stuart is a very good player but can she carry this team into March?

defense wins,

You may think you know BB, but, when you post that OR is not in the top ten in Tennessee, you show your ignorance, the national ranking is usually based on past history, and start up records, I'll grant you that these rankings are subject at best, but every major newspaper in Tennessee has OR in the top ten. This thread was started to congratulate the OR girls, if you want to post your negative opinions about OR, go for it, but start your own thread. I'll be happy to make a bet with you about OR not getting out of the region!! ALL Tennesseans should be proud that OR and Heritage are being recognized!!

Edited by catback

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

defense wins,

You may think you know BB, but, when you post that OR is not in the top ten in Tennessee, you show your ignorance, the national ranking is usually based on past history, and start up records, I'll grant you that these rankings are subject at best, but every major newspaper in Tennessee has OR in the top ten. This thread was started to congratulate the OR girls, if you want to post your negative opinions about OR, go for it, but start your own thread. I'll be happy to make a bet with you about OR not getting out of the region!! ALL Tennesseans should be proud that OR and Heritage are being recognized!!

We will all see who is in the Boro come the end of March.

Edited by defense wins

Papatj,

I'll finish with this final statement. If you look at my post, I said OR was not 10th in the South. They are not! I also said "I'm not sure if they are a top 10 team in the State" didn't say they weren't but time will tell. They are a good team and in my opinion a top 5 or 6 in ET along with Heritige, Cleveland, Tennessee High, Walker Valley, and Greeneville. We'll see in March if they can get out of their region and move on to Mboro. Good luck to all the OR fans for the rest of the season!

As you say, defense wins, I will say this one final time. Just because you make it out of the region does not mean a team will make it to MBoro. Don't really care where a team is ranked. Ranking mean nothing. A team can win the region tourney or come in second and still not make it to the State tourney, that is all that I am saying. Period

I would like to add that whoever stated that Oak Ridge wouldn't get out of the Region does not know alot about Basketball. I think that Oak Ridge will not only get out of the Region but will be playing in Murfreesboro in March. I still think that it will be Heritage and Oak Ridge. I know that Cait is down but this team is still winning alot of ball games without her. Oak Ridge has the KeKe Stewart inside and noone can stop her one on one. I really gets to me how people get on here and say how they shut KeKe down. Guarding her with three players usually will cause a player not to score as much. Watch out for Kortni Jones and Raegan Thompson, Prudden has these two youngs kids believing and giving KeKe the help she needs will make this team a state contender.

As for Raegan Thompson coming to Oak Ridge, how can you blame this kid for wanting to play for a coach like Jill Prudden. Don't get on here and bash someone for making a smart move. Probably just jealous that your kid is not good enough to play for Oak Ridge.

Wow,

Glad to see you back Lowtime 7, have missed you calling kids names, and or degrade kids since your kin left the high school scene. Knew that you would have to get involved sooner or latter when a SSS / Flight player was involved. Guess as we get closer to AAU season we can look forward to more of your valuable wisdom (lack) and knowledge (lack) unfortuanately.

Do you really know that the player is not good enough to make the OR team, or that the person posting really has a daughter that plays Bball? Probably not but it makes you feel important I guess.

*sigh* Look what this thread has come to. :angry:

Can we not just either congratulate a hard-working team or move on?

We can, it is good to see the hard work that it required for this type of recognition get the attention. Congratulations to the OR ladies for the ranking, and good luck the rest of the way.

How is oka ridge in the top 10 in the souht when they ain't even the top team in tennessee. smyrna is way better than oak ridge and have beaten 2 top echelon teams in mt. juliet and shelbyville. smyrna also beat a tough antioch team. who has oak ridge beaten this season? NOBODY. That usa today poll is whack. they prolly picked oak ridge's name out of a hat.