mcminn central

thebiglowboski18

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know nothing about McMinn Central...he took a 14-10 McMinn Central team in the 2003-2004 campaign to a District Championship against Walker Valley, whom theyd dropped 2 games to in the regular season as well as a region championship over the Howard Tigers, not to mention the fact that they beat a Corey Brewer lead Portland team soundly in substate only to be beat by 4 by a very good Alcoa team in the first round of the State Tournament...tell me Doug Armstrong isn't the best coach in that tournament...name another coach in the Super 16 that did that much...

What school do you represent sir??? I dont know any teams from outwest with the initials MCHS that are worth of recognition...

Donald Dodgen of Farragut has a very nice resume, eventhough he is no longer a dominating coach. Coach Armstong may be the best coach up there, but he doesn't stand out in that position. Many of the coaches have been where he has been.

east tennessee teams... yall dont have a prayer

He's from McNairy Central High School, who are standing right now at 8-3(1-1). Maybe try losing one by less than 13 before you get on here and trash East Tennessee ball. Looks to me as you have ZERO room to talk because McMinn Central has a better record than ya'll do. And I bet Beezy, Casey B., BD and Co. would show little McNairy Central how to hoop.

McMinn Central has been the best team in District 5AA for the past 2 decades. Back in the day Sweetwater, Madisonville (now Sequoyah) and Meigs had decent teams, but the talent level has fallen off severly at those schools. McMinn Central is the only school that continues to have decent players every year. For that matter, all of East Tennessee seems to be down. I can remember back in the early 90's when McMinn Central was ranked #7 in the state in AA, McMinn was ranked #2 in AAA, Madisonville was #2 in AA. Bradley Central was good and Cleveland was also very good if not ranked. That was all in the same year. That area will never see basketball that good again. Bradley Central has certainly had some good teams has well as McMinn Central over the years, but as far as talent across the board from several schools, it probably won't happen again. With McMinn Central's current team, they may very well run the table against limited competition, however you put that same team back in the early 90's when the area had some basketball, then you could almost guarantee at least 4 to 6 losses.

lol... not my school fellas... im talkin about bolivar, liberty tech, and lexington, all in the same district by the way, the hardest district in the state. jackson south side isnt a push over either, no school in this district is...

McMinn Central could take Lexington & South Side with pretty good ease Id say...I dont know about Liberty Tech & Id probably put my bets against em if they played Bolivar...Of Course, if McMinn Central had 2 or 3 D1 commitments on their team, theyd be pretty tough too...

I actually really like McMinn Centrals chances of running the table. It is very hard to finish the season with out a loss, but looking ahead to their schedule I think they really have a good shot at it.

They have Cleveland again but its at home so they should get that win. And a couple games against Brainerd. Other than that it should be easy going. But there is a reason they do play the games and I dont think it will be easy for McMinn to go undefeated but if they come out every night ready to play I do like their chances.

You might be in for a surprise if you consider a trip to William Blount in early January "easy going." The Governors are a deep, quick, well-disciplined team who have really started to play well since two early losses to Webb and Austin East. I sure wouldn't put them in the "easy going" catagory.

You know nothing about McMinn Central...he took a 14-10 McMinn Central team in the 2003-2004 campaign to a District Championship against Walker Valley, whom theyd dropped 2 games to in the regular season as well as a region championship over the Howard Tigers, not to mention the fact that they beat a Corey Brewer lead Portland team soundly in substate only to be beat by 4 by a very good Alcoa team in the first round of the State Tournament...tell me Doug Armstrong isn't the best coach in that tournament...name another coach in the Super 16 that did that much...

What school do you represent sir??? I dont know any teams from outwest with the initials MCHS that are worth of recognition...

That Portland team wasn't to good so don't get your hopes up, they were Corey Brewer and that's it. If you faceguard him you force the other players to score, and they didn't have the players to do that.