David Lipscomb vs. Ezell Harding Jan. 6

moose3542

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a good game. I have not seen Ezell play, but I know they have a good team.

The key to DL is their balance. for the most part, they have 8 players that are interchangeable.

No "superstars", but play very well as a team, with a good bit of AAU experience together.

After 8 games, 5 different players have been "high scorer" at least once. (and the other 3 will before the season is over)

Would not surprise me to see these two teams split in the regular season.

Edited by Titans fan

Ezell made the jump to double AA and played against those big girls from Paige. It was a physical brutal game that seemed close and when you looked up ezell was up by 11.

We played them (DL) this summer and it was fun and physical with David Lipscomb winning by 5 or 7. We are a younger and better team with some great players and I predict Ezell in a close game. The second time we play them we will blow them out.

You ought to have to watch us play before you go making up stuff. I think Mr. Blount is battered and bruised. How can whipping up on triple A teams hurt your team?

If you come to the game vs. David Lipscomb I'll buy your ticket and at least this way I'll know that when you predict a game you have at least seen them play.

Why waste your time predicting game outcomes without seeing the teams play. If you are this good give me Saturday Nights Powerball numbers I could use the money.

At least your predictions give me something to smile about.

You ought to have to watch us play before you go making up stuff. I think Mr. Blount is battered and bruised. How can whipping up on triple A teams hurt your team?

If you come to the game vs. David Lipscomb I'll buy your ticket and at least this way I'll know that when you predict a game you have at least seen them play.

Why waste your time predicting game outcomes without seeing the teams play. If you are this good give me Saturday Nights Powerball numbers I could use the money.

HAHAHAHA.....I agree. When a team moves up from single A and plays in a tourny with triple A schools, and the closest game was 11 points. I didn't want to make a prediction on this game, but after a tourny like that.....Ezell all the way.

What are you so mad about? You won! You beat two AA teams (Fulton & Alcoa) with a combined record of 9-7 and one AAA team, W B (7-6). No I have not seen Ezell play since last year. Yes I have seen Blount play this year and I did not think they were a great team but I did think they were good enough to beat Ezell. I was wrong. An undefeated record with the 68th ranked schedule is not anything to crow about, unless you like the taste of it. Good luck.

Why am I so mad. 68TH SCHEDULE, WHAT?

Look dude, here is the deal. I can say what other people won't. This isn't about being right or wrong on your predictions. This is about grown up people sitting around making predictions (good or bad) about the outcome of basketball games and the ability of players without seeing the kids play. It's about making predictions about players abilities without any regards as to how your comments effect those children, and then assuming that no one will call you on them or acting like your feelings are hurt. What about these kids feelings?

These young girls (14-17 years of age) give their lives to successfully compete at the High School level.

Over the last two years (100 plus games) these girls like many others have given away their summer vacations for their love of this game. They get battered and bruised in as many as 7 games in a 36 hour period. The games are usually running clock with poor and in most cases non-existent officiating. Overtimes are sudden death where the first person who scores wins. The gyms are dimmly lit, with one having a support wire that blocks most three pointers from the right corner and another with a P.E. net that keeps balls from getting caught in the celing but also prevents high arching shots from reaching their peak trajectory. (And this is just the first of 6 -10 of these tournaments per year)

Two years ago we were 6 and 26, we don't even remember who the six were, we are beginning to believe we made up the six to make ourselves feel better. Some people accuse us of counting three intrasquad games in our win total. The fact is we got our butts kicked by everybody. But the girls learned to fight. They never gave up. We yelled at them to play harder when they were getting pressed down by 40 to a team made up of Father Ryan and Pope John Paul players. They beat us bad but we didn't forget! Smyrna, Blackmon, and Lebanon physically beat us up and we thank them for it. This past summer we did a little butt kicking ourselves yet three times our friend at Beech sent us home better but defeated.

These girls put up with this as well as a 42 year old wanna be coach yelling at them constantly for a shot at playing in their High School uniform. Playing in the summer doesn't get them a spot on the team. They have to earn it. It is about pride, commitment, honor and desire. Many wonderful young ladies have given up basketball because to compete with the best you have to pay the price and the price is high.

These girls make this kind of comittment for a chance to play on a High School team. Don't forget about the countless practices and team comitments that are required of them during the regular season. They work their tails off and when they "suddenly" have success and they go to coact they get to read predictions of their demise from grown men who don't have the integrity to pay five dollars to watch them play. When our players fight for us we fight for them

Ezell Harding may not win all their games but you can rest assured that if you beat them you have one heck of a team. I have changed my mind about buying you a ticket to the game. Buy your own ticket!

I'll tell you what I will do. When the state tournament is over, you get six or eight girls and I'll get a few of the Ezell Harding girls and we'll climb the fence at the old shoe store at Hickory Hollow Mall, the one with the plexi-glass half basketball court in the court yard, and you won't have to spend any money. Now, you might win but your girls better bring their knee pads and we will try not to hurt your feelings.

In other words; Put-up or Shut-up!