DB vs. SOUTH, from the gridiron to the hardwood

1_and_1 make_2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB's rivalry in Basketball is with Science Hill.

DB's rivalry in Football is with Oak Ridge.

South has a good football or basketball team about once every 10 years. They try to drum up this deal about some rivalry, only when they have a good team. Any other year you never hear anything from them. This is just another game for DB. Win or lose

South has a good football or basketball team about once every 10 years. They try to drum up this deal about some rivalry, only when they have a good team. Any other year you never hear anything from them. This is just another game for DB. Win or lose

I'll agree with the football side of things. We haven't won in a while there to be considered a "big" rivalry. But, we've beat you a time or two in basketball so I'm saying that the house will be rocking Tuesday. I'm willing to bet that if you ask D-B students which is the biggest rivalry, they say South. Win or lose, there is bad blood there. Science Hill just doesn't have a big following of students. Their loudest fans are "old school" men. C'mon over Tuesday and see for yourself. Bring earplugs though. :thumb:

I'll agree with the football side of things. We haven't won in a while there to be considered a "big" rivalry. But, we've beat you a time or two in basketball so I'm saying that the house will be rocking Tuesday. I'm willing to bet that if you ask D-B students which is the biggest rivalry, they say South. Win or lose, there is bad blood there. Science Hill just doesn't have a big following of students. Their loudest fans are "old school" men. C'mon over Tuesday and see for yourself. Bring earplugs though. :ph34r:

Ok well if you decide to come to this game like he said bring earlplugs i imagine the DB students are ready for this one this will be the best DB-South game in a while and at the end the DB studenst will rock the house be prepared for the morgan's maniacs

I'll agree with the football side of things. We haven't won in a while there to be considered a "big" rivalry. But, we've beat you a time or two in basketball so I'm saying that the house will be rocking Tuesday. I'm willing to bet that if you ask D-B students which is the biggest rivalry, they say South. Win or lose, there is bad blood there. Science Hill just doesn't have a big following of students. Their loudest fans are "old school" men. C'mon over Tuesday and see for yourself. Bring earplugs though. :P

Is there going to be a big parade through Sullivan Gardens ?

I still think South is the team to beat in the conference with the Hill second...it's a long season and a long way to go...the Indians have played extremely hard and will continue to do so, win or lose...South has the best post player in the conference in Beau (Goose is also very good, but he has more of an outside game that can dilute his inside presence)...Beau can and does dominate in the post...fun to watch...except when he plays the Indians, not as much fun then...this should be a good game...and to me, there is a rivalry anytime anybody cares...good luck and good health to both teams

Roll Tribe Roll

I dont know, i think this game means a little more because everyone knows who theyre playing, and sees them around town, and they want to win every time, you might stumble across somebody in JC every now and then, but south is definitely a BIG game because its a little more personal.

Edited by 1_and_1 make_2

Top Teams win their Home Games, period. South was the Pre-Season pick by everybody to knock of Science Hill, and I hope anybody, even South does that. But, South has lost 2 Conference Games at Home (vs. Tenn. High and Sullivan Central), both against tough teams, but you gotta win those games if you have plans on winning the Conference Title.

DB beat both of those teams, on the Road. Of course, the road is getting to be home away from home for the Indians this season. All games played have been somewhere other than The Buck Van Huss Dome..

Sullivan South should win this game, and they had better or DB will have a 3 Game lead on them in the Conference Race. DB starts playing Home Games Jan. 13, and there won't be any Road Games after that date.

DB will come to play, you bring yourn', we'll bring arn'

Road Warriors

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

DB has been very impressive and South has been a letdown so far.I think this game is do or die for South if they want the conference title. Very few people come out with the intensity needed to win basketball games for South. If everybody plays as hard as Evvan Tolly this game won't even be close. If you are being gaurded by him don't be surprised when you put up a goose egg in the points category. But I can't go against my REBS I think they will break out of their shell and win a down to the wire thriller.