Bradley Invitational Results

CoachDelgado

No, 8-16 was my football and baseball #'s back in high school. I did wrestle at Halls thats why i was given my boys their props. Do I think Caleb will beat Reviez? No, I dont think so he is too, strong what I am saying is he is only a Freshman, and I believe he is going to make a splash in Regions and State, but by no means do I think he takes it all this year. However, Big John has it all in his control its up to him to win State. I believe he will do it, I have seen him wrestle and the only kid I have seen even come close is the kid from seymour, I know their will be better a state, but Vandergriff is flat out controlling the HWT division.

IMO-You are correct about Big John! He seams to be a great young man. Those of us who have watched him since he was a freshman wish him the best of luck. His Dad was fun to watch in HS, IMO- his dad would have beat him 2-3 :thumb:

They are good folks.

What weight class were you in HS. I'm sure I watched you a couple of times. You had a tuff group there when Cody was going after championships.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO-You are correct about Big John! He seams to be a great young man. Those of us who have watched him since he was a freshman wish him the best of luck. His Dad was fun to watch in HS, IMO- his dad would have beat him 2-3 ;)

They are good folks.

What weight class were you in HS. I'm sure I watched you a couple of times. You had a tuff group there when Cody was going after championships.

Coach V still gives John a run for his money now. I was at 160 & 171

Edited by gun816

IMO-You are correct about Big John! He seams to be a great young man. Those of us who have watched him since he was a freshman wish him the best of luck. His Dad was fun to watch in HS, IMO- his dad would have beat him 2-3 :lol:

They are good folks.

His dad played a lead role in one of the great wrestling stories to come out of the State Tournament over the years. The tournament was held at Overton and the Nashville press gave headlines to the inevitable showdown between super heavies, Hale and Daniels. Although the press was correct in the prediction of the showdown, after one unexpected turn of events, it took a second unexpected turn of events to make it happen. Vandergriff took Hale in the semis. Abernathy took Daniels in the semis. So the showdown between Hale and Daniels did occur, but it was for third. Vandergriff took Abernathy for the gold.

By the way, Chris Vandergriff and Clifford Abernathy were both members of Team Tennessee at the US Wrestling Federation Nationals in Iowa City.

His dad played a lead role in one of the great wrestling stories to come out of the State Tournament over the years. The tournament was held at Overton and the Nashville press gave headlines to the inevitable showdown between super heavies, Hale and Daniels. Although the press was correct in the prediction of the showdown, after one unexpected turn of events, it took a second unexpected turn of events to make it happen. Vandergriff took Hale in the semis. Abernathy took Daniels in the semis. So the showdown between Hale and Daniels did occur, but it was for third. Vandergriff took Abernathy for the gold.

By the way, Chris Vandergriff and Clifford Abernathy were both members of Team Tennessee at the US Wrestling Federation Nationals in Iowa City.

Wasn't Daniels the returning champ from the previous year (from Kirkman Tech)?

CHRIS VANDERGRIFF WAS THE ONLY WRESTLER TO EVER BEAT RONALD HALE(6-9 & 320LBS). HE HAD PLAYED BASKETBALL UP TO HIS SENIOR YEAR AND WAS UNDEFEATED GOING INTO THE STATE TOURNAMENT. VANDERGRIFF (6-1 & 235LBS) BEAT HIM 7-6 IN THE QUARTER FINALS.

THE ANIMAL

Who beat Vandergriff at the Sports Fest in Halls?

COACH VANDERGRIFF WAS BEATEN BY THE PUMELKING IN THE LAST SPORTSFEST HELD AT HALLS IN THE EARLY NINETY'S. COACH VANDERGRIFF WAS HAVING HIS WAY WITH THE PUMMELKING AND HIS YOUNG SONS WERE AT MATCH-SIDE. NEAR THE END OF THE MATCH OLD COACH V. WAS COASTING ON TO VICTORY AND THE PUMMELKING THREW COACH V. LIKE A RAG DOLL. HE LANDED WITH A BIG THUD AND AN AWFUL NOISE CAME FROM COACH V. WHEN THE MATCH WAS OVER BIG JOHN (LITTLE JOHN AT THAT TIME) SAID " DAD, WHY DID YOU SAY UGGGH AT THE END OF THE MATCH?"

THAT WAS COACH VANDERGRIFF'S LAST COMPETITIVE MATCH.

THE ANIMAL