Concert band vs. Marching band

Yamba

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

i guess id say im neutral on concert or marching band...i like them both alot! marching is always fun, but i like concert season because i can settle down and not be so busy all the time with aftershcool practices, football games, etc. but if i HAD to pick id pick concert band because i just like the music and the sound of concert more, and not being so busy all the time

When I was in school, I really liked both marching band and concert band but both have their advantages and disadvantages. I liked marching band because it was really fun to play at the football games (a lot more fun when your football team is good), playing good music, and going to marching band competitions. The road trips were also fun where you have lots of memories. Sometimes, rehearsals can get kind of hectic and long. All the rehearsals, football games, parades, competitions, and road trips gets very time-consuming. Concert band was also fun because of the music played and it presented it challenged that I enjoyed. However, there were times where concert band was boring b/c of the music. Either you didn't like it or it was too easy.

Edited by bellgo