All-time Best Players at your High School

Roadrunner89

Recently graduated, Alysha Clark, has to be one of the best girl players to come out of MJ. I watched her play for three years and she was great to watch. :) I am sure she would top the list at MJ, where they have had some great players. Another is Jennifer Johnson, who got a free ride at Wake Forest. I am sure some MJ people can add to this list.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who got to watch more Carter County basketball than I during the eighties can comment further, but I've heard that LESLIE CAMPBELL of Hampton and ANGIE PETERS of Unaka ....were THE BEST EVER at their schools.

I've also heard of a game against a Super Unicoi County team, won by the Lady Blue Devils 27 - 25, wherein Angie Peters scored 23 points for the Lady Rangers, and for good measure provided the assist for the other basket. She also scored fifty-one points in a game; a Unaka Record for boys or girls.

She attended Clemson and played for the Lady Tigers. She also had a couple knee surgeries, I think one of those knee injuries occured just before Regional Tournament action during her senior season at Unaka.

And SUSAN FARRIS of South Greene. Susan also went on to become an All American while at Tusculum College. I'm trying to write an article about her, but her numbers are literally so staggering, it's almost impossible to know where to start.

Three of the Best Ever for around here. :P

By Susan Farris do you mean Susan Starnes? She was an incredible high school player in a very restrictive program. She played on an AAU Nationals team that I helped coach and did she ever shine. She could have played anywhere in the country but chose to stay at Tusculum. I think she could have been a D-1 All-American. I'd love to see the article you did about her.

By Susan Farris do you mean Susan Starnes? She was an incredible high school player in a very restrictive program. She played on an AAU Nationals team that I helped coach and did she ever shine. She could have played anywhere in the country but chose to stay at Tusculum. I think she could have been a D-1 All-American. I'd love to see the article you did about her.

At Elizabethton, one could make a strong case for 2005 graduate Rikki Baughman. The 5'10" forward made All-State twice. She led her team to two Regional titles, 3 straight sub-state appearances, and the school's first ever state tournament appearance. She topped 1,800 points for her career, 1,000 rebounds, and had around 300 career steals and blocks. She is now starring at Milligan College averaging about 12 points and 7 rebounds a game as a freshman.

Someone who got to watch more Carter County basketball than I during the eighties can comment further, but I've heard that LESLIE CAMPBELL of Hampton and ANGIE PETERS of Unaka ....were THE BEST EVER at their schools.

I've also heard of a game against a Super Unicoi County team, won by the Lady Blue Devils 27 - 25, wherein Angie Peters scored 23 points for the Lady Rangers, and for good measure provided the assist for the other basket. She also scored fifty-one points in a game; a Unaka Record for boys or girls.

She attended Clemson and played for the Lady Tigers. She also had a couple knee surgeries, I think one of those knee injuries occured just before Regional Tournament action during her senior season at Unaka.

And SUSAN FARRIS of South Greene. Susan also went on to become an All American while at Tusculum College. I'm trying to write an article about her, but her numbers are literally so staggering, it's almost impossible to know where to start.

Three of the Best Ever for around here. :P

Krich,

Did you know our esteemed Brutus dated the great Angie Peters for several years? She was a great player, and a wonderful person.

Yes, and thanks so much for the correction; I was using the married name. The article is still a work in progress, but I'll see that you have a copy. Expect to have it by Tournament time. And her numbers are absolutely astounding. I met Mrs. Farris at Chuckey Doak last winter. She was so modest and matter-of-fact that, when I got home and finally found her statistics ....WOW! Amazing!

Coachh, I felt that Rikki would get to play some this season, but Coach Aubrey seemed a little unsure exactly where she'd fit in best, so I figured well, maybe late-season? Yeah, right!

And ole brutus and Angie, huh? Isn't he Incredible?

Yes, and thanks so much for the correction; I was using the married name. The article is still a work in progress, but I'll see that you have a copy. Expect to have it by Tournament time. And her numbers are absolutely astounding. I met Mrs. Farris at Chuckey Doak last winter. She was so modest and matter-of-fact that, when I got home and finally found her statistics ....WOW! Amazing!

Coachh, I felt that Rikki would get to play some this season, but Coach Aubrey seemed a little unsure exactly where she'd fit in best, so I figured well, maybe late-season? Yeah, right!

And ole brutus and Angie, huh? Isn't he Incredible?

\\Best basketball game I ever saw was Meigs Co. with Powell, Wilson, Reed and Standridge against South Greene with Starnes and the Davis twins in the 1991 Greeneville tourney. South Greene won in double or triple OT by a score of 90 something to 90 something. Meigs and S. Greene had a great rivalry there for about 3 or 4 yrs. in the mid nineties.

Edited by AA rules

\\Best basketball game I ever saw was Meigs Co. with Powell, Wilson, Reed and Standridge against South Greene with Starnes and the Davis twins in the 1991 Greeneville tourney. South Greene won in double or triple OT by a score of 90 something to 90 something. Meigs and S. Greene had a great rivalry there for about 3 or 4 yrs. in the mid nineties.

I agree in 15years of watching girls basketball that game may have been the BEST EVER!

Do any of you know if there might be film of that game?