Best of Preps Basketball Classic in Chattanooga

oldtimeballer63

The "Best of Preps High School Basketball Classic" is taking place at Tennessee Temple University in Chattanooga on January 5-7. It is a tournament that features both boy's and girl's basketball teams. It is sponsored by the Chattanooga Times-Free Press.

The teams that are in it are:

Temple

Soddy Daisy

McCallie

Christian Heritage of Dalton, GA

Unaka

Grace Baptist Academy

Girls Preparatory School

If anyone has any thoughts about the tournament please post them.

Edited by oldtimeballer63

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Best of Preps High School Basketball Classic" is taking place at Tennessee Temple University in Chattanooga on January 5-7. It is a tournament that features both boy's and girl's basketball teams.

The teams that are in it are:

Temple

Soddy Daisy

McCallie

Christian Heritage of Dalton, GA

Unaka

Grace Baptist Academy

Girls Preparatory School

If anyone has any thoughts about the tournament please post them.

Ill tell ya whos gonna be tough that most people dont know much about (including me) is Christian Heritage. I heard they got most of their starters coming back from last year including McClellan. That guy is tough.

And how is this tournament gonna be bracket wise? .

Edited by ILoveLamp5

Ill tell ya whos gonna be tough that most people dont know much about (including me) is Christian Heritage. I heard they got most of their starters coming back from last year including McClellan. That guy is tough.

And how is this tournament gonna be bracket wise? .

Yeah Stephen McClellan is a good ball-player.

Christian Heritage won the Tennessee Association of Christian Schools state tournament last season after finishing as runners-up the year before.

Temple beat Christian Heritage last year (89-79) in the Chattanooga Challenge and McClellan had 32 points. So the Lions will be some tough competition for the other teams in the tournament.

Yeah Stephen McClellan is a good ball-player.

Christian Heritage won the Tennessee Association of Christian Schools state tournament last season after finishing as runners-up the year before.

Temple beat Christian Heritage last year (89-79) in the Chattanooga Challenge and McClellan had 32 points. So the Lions will be some tough competition for the other teams in the tournament.

I actually think Heritage has a really good shot at beating Grace. :lol:

Soddy is ok. At times they really are a one man show. I would say them and Central and pretty equal.

I think Heritage has a chance to win the tournament if all the other teams don't bring their A-game.

If Heritage (AKA McClellan and Watkins) is on they are near impossible to beat. You would have to have your A+ game to beat them. But if they have an off night they can be beaten not easily but by solid teams. They take live and die by the three to a whole new level.