Region 3 / 5-AA & 6-AA

TynerRamFan

..."Lady Rams" get another quality win(54-45)...this time in hostile territory (Decatur)...by the end of the game three starters have four fouls each and one starter fouled out...six(6) District games to play and only one at home...the team will be tested but it should make them "stronger"!!!

I've been pondering for a few days now what you mean by "hostile territory." Could you please clarify this statement?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pondering for a few days now what you mean by "hostile territory." Could you please clarify this statement?

...Different people have different meanings of the word 'hostile'...for example when Pat Summitt used the word(yesterday) she was talking about playing in front of traditionally strong teams away from home...when I use it I'm talking about whenever we play away-from-home(not on a neutral court like Cleveland State)...I consider the enviornment 'hostile' when your fans are outnumbered and bascially we are away from the friendly confines our home court...and by the way some teams are motivated by this situauton while others are sometimes intimidated...'hostile' could mean the treatment and or unfavorable calls that the visiting team is getting from the officials...I really didn't want to include that part because there is a thread already dedicated to the officials in this forum(and lastly what team thinks that all the calls should go to there advantage???)

...Different people have different meanings of the word 'hostile'...for example when Pat Summitt used the word(yesterday) she was talking about playing in front of traditionally strong teams away from home...when I use it I'm talking about whenever we play away-from-home(not on a neutral court like Cleveland State)...I consider the enviornment 'hostile' when your fans are outnumbered and bascially we are away from the friendly confines our home court...and by the way some teams are motivated by this situauton while others are sometimes intimidated...'hostile' could mean the treatment and or unfavorable calls that the visiting team is getting from the officials...I really didn't want to include that part because there is a thread already dedicated to the officials in this forum(and lastly what team thinks that all the calls should go to there advantage???)

In all my experiences of watching high school basketball......."ALL TEAMS THINK THAT ALL THE CALLS SHOULD GO TO THERE ADVANTAGE"......(including Tyner).....still didn't say what your intentions were on saying "hostile". Please clarify.....

In all my experiences of watching high school basketball......."ALL TEAMS THINK THAT ALL THE CALLS SHOULD GO TO THERE ADVANTAGE"......(including Tyner).....still didn't say what your intentions were on saying "hostile". Please clarify.....

...I explained my statement and I'm sticking to it...now let's get back to what this thread is about...District 5-AA & 6-AA(if the winningest coach in basketball can use that 'expression', then so can I)...some folks try to make "mountain-out-of-a-molehill ;)

...Anyway tonight was interesting in Region 3...Howard beats CCS in overtime...Tellico Plains beats McMinn Central...the "Lady Rams" play the Lady Panthers tomorrow(Saturday) on Moore Road!!!

I can agree with the first part of your answer, but if you are suggesting that Meigs had some home cooking in their loss, then you and I must have been watching different games. As I see it, the offiating favored no one. It was bad on both sides of the ball as always. Just for the record, we also had a starter that fouled out. She also fouled out in hostile territory.(Tyner) With that said, you may continue with your region standings.

Sequatchie big over Hixson, team was pretty sharp considering the opponent, no offense to Hixson who tried their best. I was disappointed to see the Hixson students start filing in during the fourth quarter of the girls game to see the boys, made noise from begining to end of the boys game after not even showing up for the girls. Hixson is not a good team but they deserve more from their classmates than that. Even with the students, I believe Sequatchie still had more people there than Hixson, both girls and boys are supported well by family, friends and classmates.

Sequatchie at Hixson:

http://www.sequatchieonline.net/default.as...eonline&he=.net

Howard beat CCS. Is Howard that good or was CCS having a bad night? I've not seen Howard play, but i thought pretty much that CCS was picked to take district 6. I know in past years Howard has always played a hard ball game.

...Howard is a good team...as is CCS...I didn't see this game but our girls lost to them just like CCS (in OT back in December)...Howard is the kind of team that you really have to be wary of especially when the tournaments roll around...they have three players that are consistently in double-figures...I see that one of CCS's main players(Hansford) was held to nine points and normally she scores anywhere between 15-25 points...they play each other again (I'm not sure when because the schedule on CoachT doesn't indicate)...it should be a good one and will probably determine the 2nd place team in 6-AA but I don't want to count anyone out at this stage of the game!!!

Howard is VERY physical from all accounts. I hope they send a good crew to the game Tuesday or it could get out of hand on the Mountain. This does need to be a basketball game and not a football game like the ones last year.

As for CCS I believe they are either in a slump or were overrated to start with. The team that came to the mountain after Christmas is not as good as the Sequatchie Co. team I've seen twice.

How Grundy and Howard come out will go a long way to telling the tail on the district.

DL.

...Howard is a good team...as is CCS...I didn't see this game but our girls lost to them just like CCS (in OT back in December)...Howard is the kind of team that you really have to be wary of especially when the tournaments roll around...they have three players that are consistently in double-figures...I see that one of CCS's main players(Hansford) was held to nine points and normally she scores anywhere between 15-25 points...they play each other again (I'm not sure when because the schedule on CoachT doesn't indicate)...it should be a good one and will probably determine the 2nd place team in 6-AA but I don't want to count anyone out at this stage of the game!!!

I agree Howard and CCS are both talented teams, but I'm not sure their next match-up will probably determine the 2nd place team in 6-AA. Sequatchie, while currently in 4th place in the district, has beaten Howard both times they met this season. The Lady Indians have already faced a good Grundy teams twice, and had close games with them. The last they lost by only five points. So most of their tought district games have already been played. They face CCS late in February and Bledsoe which gave them a good game. So, I understand you aren't counting anyone out at this stage of the game which is smart because the Lady Indians are improving all the time, and could definitely be in the championship game in the district tourney.

...with both teams having six(6) District games and both having to play Tellico Plains and Brainerd on the road, the seeding for the tournament is still up for grabs...after Friday and Saturday( when Tellico hosts Central and Brainerd hosts Tyner) the dust will begin to settle in 5-AA!!!

...And after the "Lady Rams" loss to Brainerd (54-53) last night the standings are as follows: 01/21/2006

Brainerd (9-1)>>>Must go on the road to face Tellico Plains

Tellico (9-2)>>>Has four(4) of five(5) games at home.

McMinn C. (8-3)>>>Still has to play Brainerd in Chatt-town.

Tyner (7-4)>>>Home losses to Tellico & Brainerd may prevent 3rd seed.

Meigs Co. (6-4)>>>Still has a chance to finish 4th seed.

Sweetwater(3-7)

Polk Co. (2-8)

Sequoyah (2-9)

Boyd-B. (1-9)

...Exciting game on Moore Road last night in the Panthers Den...had a chance to win it at the buzzer but the "Lady Rams" played like the Championship was on the line...down by as much as 14 points in the 3rd quarter, they came back and went ahead by one with 25 seconds left...Brainerd made an lay-up and the "Lady Rams" had the ball out of bounds...couldn't convert but still this game will definitely help us for the rest of the season and throughout the tournaments :angry: