Rockwood over Wartburg

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both clubs are pretty good, in this series - the team that looks the best in the regular season is not necessarily the one that shines in the tourny. It will be a toss up come tournament time. Both squads are well coached and will be battle tested. It really comes down to how rough the refs let the game get. If they swallow their whistles - Wartburg wins, if not - RW wins.

What was that chant that Rockewood was doing about Vespie? :thumb:

I didn't hear one about Vespie. Everytime Jeremy touched the ball they yelled Ball hog. And Everytime DJ touched the ball they yelled Air ball. After the game I heard let's play baseball, and Maybe one let's play football, but I didn't hear one on Vespie. About the ref's they were terrible more toward Wartburg than Rockwood, but this doesn't leave Wartburg an Excuse. They missed FT when Rockwood hit, they failed to score when Rockwood could. Wartburg was in bad foul trouble early, Rockwood played a lil more picky. Not to take anything away from Mofitt, or Gilmore, or #44, but Without Hackler last night it would have been no where close. The kid played like a real player, blocked shot, hit open shots, got boards. He is my player of the year in the District SO FAR.

Just wait til they come to the dawg house, at least we don't have a moron for a clock guy...

HaHa that could be debatable. Gotta Love Mr. Foster though. At least he don't hit the wrong buttons. Just outta curiousity, Rockwood fans how do you respond to the clock? Did you think it was right, wrong, or didn't really play much of a part? Now that I'm over my Frustration, the horn in the middle of the game didn't matter much at all. It just gave some player a lil rest. Now the mess up at the end, that upset me not like Wartburg coulda done alot in 3-6 seconds, but it woulda made the game much better because Wartburg kept fighting. just a lil curious from a Tiger Fan stand point.

The clock really didn't help Rockwood . Rockwood was trying to drain the clock being up by 7 . The clock slowed things down if anything.

That makes no sense. The horn in the middle of the game was way before the 4th quarter during a Wartburg fastbreak, and the time that was run off the clock helped rockwood because they were able to run anywhere from 3-6 seconds off the clock during a time out. The clock troubles helped Rockwood if anything, but I guess looking back it wouldn't have made a lot of a difference.

The chant at the end was "You need Vespie".

The clock guys usually doesn't make mistakes.

There was one time, however, that the ref came over and said he didn't start the clock when he had and it was the ref's fault. He had them reset the lock at 45.0 seconds when a free throw was missed with 48.9 or 49.8 (I don't have my notes with me).

I thought the only true blown call was the five second call with 15 seconds to play. The ball was rolling around out of bounds with the cheerleaders and the guy was counting. The Wartburg player picks it up, turns, and there's the whistle. I believe if I was Coach Layne I'd probably got a "T" right there.

I don't think the refs cost Wartburg the game. That was a very fast-paced, physical game which would've been extremely hard to officiate.

If you're Wartburg, look at how many times Moffitt got in the paint the second half and how many easy shots Peddicord and Hackler got inside. They've got to do a better job of making Rockwood shoot from the outside.

Then again give Rockwood credit for getting those good shots and protecting the ball.

Good luck to both teams. Could meet a couple of more times this year and I imagine each game will be very physical and close.