Freshman and Sophmore Standouts in 1A

scoresandstats

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah this one time at a summer camp i was playin down low on offense and mackenzie and i were both in 8th grade(((and like then i was like 4'10)))and mackenzie was in the middle on defense and she got the rebound and i but my hand in to make it a jump ball and she flipped me...it was pretty funny..everyone got a good laugh....but she is a good player...esp for only a sophmore...but i'll be facin her til i graduate...dang...lol

I'll add a few from Upper East Tennessee.

In Roan Mountain, you'll find the Cloudland Lady Highlanders. We have four freshmen on the varsity, and they all see playing time.

Brooke Johnson, #15. Excellent point guard, electrifying moves, absolutely fearless, tough as an anvil, can hit the three, rebounds, steals. BJ can take over any game.

Sydnie Buchanan, #21. Can play anywhere on the court. ALWAYS in position for rebounds, another three shooter, blocks shots, steals passes, amazing on defense. She can also move out to point and handle the ball.

Jordi Miller, #23. Usually a wing, but plays point very well also. Perfect form, rains threes, near perfect free throw shooter, outstanding defender -- people don't score much against her. Smart player, a coach on the court.

Shellie McKinney, #32. Usually in the paint, but can easily move out. Can also hit the three ball. Shellie plays HUGE inside, has made supposedly good opposing players look silly many times. You do not get position on Shellie, footwork and positioning are too good to give up many rebounds.

All these girls are good, as are all their teamates. This is the team's strength, you can't cheat off one girl to give help on another. You will get smoked if you do. This team is a blast to watch.

The Highlander

is brooke warren the 4'8'' girl? and we are talking about freshmen and

sophmores, not juniors

I know we are talking about freshmen & sophomores, duh! The 4'8 girl is Chasy Qualls and she is a sophomore. I was talking about Brooke Warren, a point guard that will be an incoming freshman, which I said in my previous statement. I just mentioned the juniors because they haven't gotten a lot of playing time and have really improved over this past summer. Sophomore Jasmin Dixon has also improved over this past summer, and will only continue to get better.

Courtney Dyer and Misti Maxwell for Jackson County. Both are sophomores and both start on the best team in Class A. Nuff said! If you're going to talk about incoming freshman or girls that are in the 8th grade now then Jackson County's 6'7, thats right 6 feet 7 inches, Kacie Ferris is tops on any list! :blink:

Edited by devilfanatic

Courtney Dyer and Misti Maxwell for Jackson County. Both are sophomores and both start on the best team in Class A. Nuff said! If you're going to talk about incoming freshman or girls that are in the 8th grade now then Jackson County's 6'7, thats right 6 feet 7 inches, Kacie Ferris is tops on any list! :blink:

I have seen 3 different listings for her! I have seen 6'3, 6'4, and now 6'7! Which is she officially? Not what JC people see her as or not as what everyone else sees her as, but officially what is she?