Freshman and Sophmore Standouts in 1A

scoresandstats

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

collinwood's abby andrews leads the trojans in more ways than one. she is a great athelete and loves to play the game. now that most of the bad attitude has graduated this team can be good in the next few years under her wing. she does a good job of making the players around her better even though most of them don't realize it. she does a great job of getting her teamates the ball and moving the ball toward the rim. she gets the ball close to the rim with penetration but she can pop the three aswell.

You are so right!! Those two girls are very good players, Duke at post has moves that are far above her age and yes she is just a freshman. But you are wrong on one count there are four underclassmen that start for Richland. Horn at the post who improves more every game I get to see. And one of my favorite players in this district in Rachel Glidden, the best all around player I've seen in a long time.

She's fast, skilled, and fearless a "get after the ball player" who can rebound drive, shootthethree, and loves the assist pure pleasure to watch play. I have five 1A players that I consider to be exceptional she is one. Vanessa Pincheon Moore Co. Gaby Busnell Forrest

Haley Lovett Summertown and Abbey Andrews Collinwood are my personal favorites.

From the appearance of who is getting to play at richland and who is not, it looks like the booster club is running the show. You know something, I will not name any names, but some of you greatly overrate players. Ability is not the only thing to consider. What the player has between the ears is what counts the most. And some of these so called great players have nothing there.

Huntland[/url'>Dad' post='825904539' date='Jan 19 2006 - 09:39 AM']

From the appearance of who is getting to play at richland and who is not, it looks like the booster club is running the show. You know something, I will not name any names, but some of you greatly overrate players. Ability is not the only thing to consider. What the player has between the ears is what counts the most. And some of these so called great players have nothing there.

Do you have no shame??What are you saying that the girls that start are stupid?? who are you?? Here are the girls you speak so unkindly about :Jasmine Duke freshman has more talent in her now than the average player as a senior and I do believe she just got her first letter of intent to recruit from a very good university. Anna Bell sophmore good kid, good student and will shoot your lights out with the three. Kayla Vaughn best little point guard in the district you just can't touch that. Christine Horn sophmore improves with every minute of floor time she plays she just gets stronger. Rachel Glidden sophmore she's mine and a harder working more dedicated player you will not find anywhere. You do not know these young women, because they have a better class of friends, introduce yourself to the parents when you visit Richland next, I'm sure they would like to see what a honest to God fool is face to face.

Everyone of these girls have proven themselves to be competitors, good students, hard workers, good kids, and show more sportsmanship than you seem to be able to comprehend. Anything else is just petty jealousy from people just like yourself.