Cumberland Co. W 48-44

Livingston Academy W 59-44

Upperman L 37-42

Morrow,GA L 29-42

Kenton Ridge, OH W 37-34

Suncoast, FL W 51-45

at Cookeville W 42-31

Livingston Academy W 44-37

Would you please step forward if you don't think JC has had a successful season so far.

Did you just start following girls basketball in January or What???

To update you: Red Boiling Springs, W by 22, Montery W by 40+, Will add new update after tonights Pickett Co. Game. Good luck Lady Blue Devils, your making a (Fair) showing.

I'll start a rainbow poll when you start a HEE HAW poll. Or I could just continue to laugh at the simple grammar, writings, & analysis when I decide to check in from time to time.

Regarding the analogy that Coalfield is a UAB & OS is the UT being 3 times larger, my adive is you are going to make analogies, I suggest you do it correctly with accurate information.

The student enrollment of University of Alabama-Birmingham is 20,000 students. The enrollment of the University of Tennessee- Knoxville is 26,000.

If you are going to make an anaology that attempts to distinguish the difference in enrollment of Oliver Springs which is close to 420 students & Coalfields's 190 students, it closer to a a 1/2 than the 2/3 you are suggesting in enrollment difference. Thus, for every 1 kid Coalfield has, OS has 2.2 kids. = 2.2 kids to 1. That is far from 3 to 1 as you were crying about in the earlier post.

So, a more accurate analysis would be comparing University of Tennessee- Knoxville 26k to University of Tennessee- Martin who's student enrollment is 12k.

Now, that wer are clear on correct analogies and their usage in attempting to comapre and contrast student enrollments, lets debunk this myth that smaller schools are out of thier league when facing larger schools. Maybe that is the view of some schools with limited success. But true programs that have championship aspirations don't even look at enrollments when making schedules. Great programs embrace playing the best competition & look forward to the challenge.

OS has always been in the lower 10 percent of AA basketball ( A, AA, AAA classifications) and 25 percent of AA football ( 5 classifications) in enrollment. However, you would never see OS fans crying about this. In the last 10 years in girls and boys basketball, OS has beaten programs like Farragutt, Knox Central, Knox Karns, Knox Bearden, William Blount, Maryville, Seveir County, Clinton, Campbell County, West, Halls, Jefferson County, Lawerence County, Carter, White County, schools with enrollments of thousands from the priemer teams from Florida & Georgia, and many other programs with double, triple, and 4 times OS's enrollment of just above 400 kids. Im not even naming the Anderson Countys, Austin Easts, Fultons, Kingstons, Scott countys and many other AA programs that has double OS's enrollment.

Typically OS schedules teams in ALL SPORTS ( with a lot of success in winning against these teams) and doesn't think of themselves as inferior because of a smaller enrollment. Its one of the reasons why OS receives a lto of respect and has uplifted the athletic program over the last 15 years by playing in high profile tournaments & playing against great teams. This is what has made OS program from being average to below average just 15 years ago into one of the better smaller sports programs in Tennessee. The fear of not scheduling the best teams.

OS plays AAA teams in footbal ( usually 3 of them in football) & typically schedules 6-8 games against AAA programs in basketball.

Ask Upperman, Jackson County, Clarkrange, & Livingston Academy if they cry about playing the White County's, Cookeville's, Shelbyville's, and other AAA programs with triple their student enrollment. All Those schools ( single A and AA teams) with enrollments of 300 to 600 have been ranked in the USA today's top 25 teams in the country. Somehoew, I think they got to be that way by not crying aboutstudent enrollment, but relishing playing the best teams regardless of enrollment size.

Edited by OS91

Winning at Oneida will be tough for any team, even Oliver Springs, when the Region 2-A Tournament rolls around. The Lady Indians have been to something like 20 substates in the past 25 years or so. They know how to turn it up a notch come when their season is on the line.

I agree with OS91 in that I think OS is the favorite in the region tournament, but I'd just as soon they be in a different bracket as Oneida. I know OS handled them easily up there already, but Oneida is always a very tough tournament team.

I also think Rockwood could spring a surprise in the region tournament. Last night was the first time the Lady Tigers have had everyone healthy this season and they return the same team that barely lost to Coalfield in the region semis last year.

Sounds like this could be a very good region tournament this season.

I'll start a rainbow poll when you start a HEE HAW poll. Or I could just continue to laugh at the simple grammar, writings, & analysis when I decide to check in from time to time.

Regarding the analogy that Coalfield is a UAB & OS is the UT being 3 times larger, th If you are going to make analogies, I suggest you do it correctly.

Please note the th w/o an e in the bold portion of your post when referring to grammar and analysis.

Again, if Coalfield being ranked over O.S. is all you have to complain about, or even analize, you need a life. There must be a bunch of stuff going on in Morgan Co. as opposed to where you are if you find nothing better to do than fuss about this non issue.

Edited by CYJacket

Haven't seen that movie, but I have ventured to that dirt track a couple of times since a family member owns it and now leases it out. You would think a sporting event would deliver action, however this expereince only brought comedy.

Witnessing the crowd that attends is more entertaining than the cars going in circles at the dirt track that happened to know everyone's business in a thhirty mile radius of Wartburg. This event would make one of the better independant documentaries for mainstream America as a comedy that could make alot of $$$$ if done properly.

Also, just as entertaining is to run into assitant coaches from the county just north of Morgan County at the track during one of these visits. Its easy to fugure out one plus one & laughing at code cryptic expressions and their origins of where they derived from in this thread and passed on.

Gotta love the SIMPLE life. Asking me if I attend this movie is like asking you if you have the entire collection of the Waltons proudly displayed sitting on top of your television. Wait, in a matter of being clear and concise, you do understand the Waltons was fictional, right? Just had to clear that up.

So, since I have participated in the pinnacle of Morgan County life, anytime you want to get to Atlanta & DC ( where I live traveling back and forth with work) you can decide if the release of a movie would register as something of importance. But, since movies ( from video rental stores), dirt tracks, and the release of non-associated press papers who's sports editors don't have communcation degrees 3 times a week is the highs of life, I must confess hoew envious I am of all things Obed River.

Edited by OS91