Powell's Larry Stephens Resigns as Head Coach

PowellFan

The bottom line is that the kid picked in front of him played better than he did.

Again, that's subjective. There's not a way to accurately pick a team of players from 8 different classifications based on an entire season. It's just not possible.

I'm not dogging Charlie Seivers. He is a very good football player. He deserved to be part of the team.

Edited by HTV

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith has d-1 offers because he is 6-5 and is athletic, not on the play of his senior year.

That's pretty much what i've said all along. He had a solid, but not great senior year.

Again, i'm not saying that Lee deserved to be first team over Seivers. My point is that it is impossible to pick an all star team from 59 different schools crossing 8 different classifications. There is just no way anybody can see all of the players enough times to have a realistic idea of who deserves to be on the team based on actual play on the field in one season. The competition levels vary way to much to make a fair comparison.

To me, the all region teams are more realistic than any other recognition. The coaches see the other teams on film several times during the season and get a better idea of who the best players are in doing game preparation. Those honors are based on what you do against your peers and are less subjective.

Edited by HTV

It's more like he has offers because of his daddy, because his stats all 4 years in high school are not that impressive. Although I will have to admit he is athletic.

You are an idiot if you believe that.

It's not true, but let's just assume that UT only offered Lee because of Daryle.

Now, how do you explain Virginia Tech, Louisville, Auburn, Bama, and the other D1-A schools that he has offers from? Daryle has no ties to those schools. How did he "convince" them to offer his son?

That statement is proof positive that you don't have a clue, reddevilfeverblister.

Edited by HTV

I am not for sure on this, but the all-region teams are nominated by their own coach. Smith deserves his scholarship. The coaches at UT and the other schools he had offers from know what they are doing. I might be inclined to believe that they would give a Haslam a scholarship based on a dad but not D. Smith. I still believe that they will try to make Lee a left tackle but we will see in the future. I watched the Halls and Powell game on TV and I know that Lee better change his reaction to coaching before UT gets a hold of him.

Not only will Tn give a scholarship to a Haslam but also to a Fulmer. They have two of them over there now. Taking up a space that someone else could certainly use when Daddy could afford to pay. Smith will not need to change anything about his attitude to play for the Vools. He is a perfect fit for Phil and the boys.

Not only will Tn give a scholarship to a Haslam but also to a Fulmer. They have two of them over there now. Taking up a space that someone else could certainly use when Daddy could afford to pay. Smith will not need to change anything about his attitude to play for the Vools. He is a perfect fit for Phil and the boys.

So are you saying Coach Fulmer likes players who react negatively to coaching and officials? Or are you saying he is a perfect fit because U T had so many problems with players this past year?

What will be interesting will be how he handles playing against players his on size.

Early predictions on Coaching Canidates.

Lowe

Wilks

Dagley

Catlett

Pemberton

McMillian

So are you saying Coach Fulmer likes players who react negatively to coaching and officials? Or are you saying he is a perfect fit because U T had so many problems with players this past year?

What will be interesting will be how he handles playing against players his on size.

Lowe

Wilks

Dagley

Catlett

Pemberton

McMillian

BC2, from the horses mouths, so to speak, Wilks and Dagley are not planning to apply for the head coaching postion at Powell. Lowe is the only current assistant who has or will.

I've heard some other names, but nothing firm yet.

Edited by HTV

I am not for sure on this, but the all-region teams are nominated by their own coach. Smith deserves his scholarship. The coaches at UT and the other schools he had offers from know what they are doing. I might be inclined to believe that they would give a Haslam a scholarship based on a dad but not D. Smith. I still believe that they will try to make Lee a left tackle but we will see in the future. I watched the Halls and Powell game on TV and I know that Lee better change his reaction to coaching before UT gets a hold of him.

Rooster, as I understand it the All Region team candidates are nominated by their coaches, but they have to be voted on by the coaches of the other teams. A coach can't vote for his own players for the actual All Region team.

Coaches have a little more leeway on his own players named honorable mention.

Edited by HTV

Lowe

Wilks

Dagley

Catlett

Pemberton

McMillian

Pemberton? Why would Mark want to leave Catholic for Powell?

I don't think that Catlett will apply, I think he is happy where he is at. With some of the size that Powell has had that would be Pembertons game. He would be going from one hot bet to another, but remember Maryville will more than likely be 5A next go around, 3 more years. It will be a much easier region than now. Central will still be tough, Halls will be tought, West will be tough. It can't get any harder than when Maryville is in your region.