Clarkrange vs. RBS at RedBoiling on Friday night

UCSportsFan

This game will be played on Friday the 20th a week away yet but this should be a classic matchup with two very good teams going at it. This might end up being the semi-finals of the region matchup as well. I'm going to say Red Boiling takes this one at home by 6.

Final Score

RBS 46

Clarkrange 40

Edited by devilfanatic

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After taking a beating in Jackson County last night, the Lady Dawgs really need a win against the second ranked team in the district. Having a 16-2 record may look great, but when both losses are in your district, it makes it harder to overcome during the tournaments. Remember, they have to face these same teams if they want to make any kind of run at the sub-state or state. If they beat Clarkrange, it will be a confidence booster for them and also help them retain what respect they have earned from people. When these teams take the court in Baxter during the district tournament, Jackson County will have more home-court advantage than the other teams because they are only 10 minutes from Baxter! They will be tough to hang with. Good luck to all!

After taking a beating in Jackson County last night, the Lady Dawgs really need a win against the second ranked team in the district. Having a 16-2 record may look great, but when both losses are in your district, it makes it harder to overcome during the tournaments. Remember, they have to face these same teams if they want to make any kind of run at the sub-state or state. If they beat Clarkrange, it will be a confidence booster for them and also help them retain what respect they have earned from people. When these teams take the court in Baxter during the district tournament, Jackson County will have more home-court advantage than the other teams because they are only 10 minutes from Baxter! They will be tough to hang with. Good luck to all!

Not really, Jackson County has never played good on that court. I have watched them several times and they have yet to hit the backboard on a consistant basis in that gym. :lol:

So, Devilfanatic, are you saying that Clarkrange and RBS are going to finish first and third or second and forth in the district tournament?

I'm going to go with Clarkrange winning this one by around 8. It will be close throughout but Clarkrange will pull away late behind the strong post play of Howard and Phillips.

If RBS wins this game then that guarantees Jackson County first place in the district, thus those two teams would have to play eachother in the district tournament to see who would play for the championship. Like i said on a previous post, if i was coaching the team i would be the second seed out of the District 7A tournament as you are guaranteed a ticket to Murphreesboro, that is if RBS or Clarkrange wins the consolation game and finishes third which is what would happen! <_<

Edited by devilfanatic

I understand what you are saying and that would probably be the thing to do. I sure would hate to play RBS in an elimination game at the region tournament. However, I don't see Brown or Rogers throwing a game, especially the district championship game. It is kinda like in the NFL at the end of the season when losses actually benefit the teams at the bottom. All the fans and media say they should just throw the game so their team can get a higher draft pick, but in reality the coaches and players are fighting for their jobs and have absolutley no intentions of throwing the games.

I understand what you are saying and that would probably be the thing to do. I sure would hate to play RBS in an elimination game at the region tournament. However, I don't see Brown or Rogers throwing a game, especially the district championship game. It is kinda like in the NFL at the end of the season when losses actually benefit the teams at the bottom. All the fans and media say they should just throw the game so their team can get a higher draft pick, but in reality the coaches and players are fighting for their jobs and have absolutley no intentions of throwing the games.

I'm sure your right but stranger things have happened. Why face a team like RBS when you KNOW you can win the other bracket without breaking a sweat? Just a thought for all of us that sit in the stands to think about. Put it like this it won't break my heart if Clarkrange wins the district tournament! :thumb: