Under Achieving programs

run and gun

I'll agree with some of that. It is going to be very tough top win at Milan especially since their football program is Milan High School, but their girls program is beginning to make some noise. You start winning the players will come. Dresden on the other hand has had talent, the only sport that does any good over there is girls basketball(they are not nearly as good this year, but they will be back). Oh, in boys sports, baseball. They have had a good baseball team in the past few years. Dresden is senior and junior loaded and have a young class that has won their county for the past three or so years, not to mention that state tourn. thing they play in and have won. They have the players and have had. Coach West don't coach boys anymore, but would of done a good job. As for dilday i don't know much about him. I know they have talent, i know they have winners from middlle school and no, there is not another sport stealing players. Sounds like the problem lies in other areas. As for West Carroll, Greenfield adn South Fulton, they lost players. They'll be back in a year or so. You'll see.

Maybe I didn't word my post correctly.

I know that Greenfield, West Carroll, and South Fulton lost ALOT of players. I agree they will be back, and WC will be competitive this year. Greenfield is actually a little better than I expected. Haven't seen SF but heard they were really struggling.

Milan has been very good in basketball since Shephard has been there, with the exception of last year and this year. Several years with over 20 wins. It has little to do with football, in my opinion, although that excuse is noted.

I have seen Dresden the past 10 years and I have to disagree with the talent level. Coach West did a very good job. His last couple of years as boys coach were not talented at all. They are competitive but I don't see any more talent than usual there. I maybe wrong.

Camden plays in a brutal district and are one of the smaller schools in AA if I am not mistaken.

I wasn't trying to cut down any schools or coaches. I think each of these schools have excellent coaches.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The program at Community has been weak for a long time. From what I can see it a similar problem to some of these messages...The coach seems to strugle in years with talent and years without talent. He lacks support from alot of parents over many years; some of whom agitate for kids who have no business getting a lot of court time on a varsity team, and some of whom let their talented kids get the idea that they should play for themselves and not the coach or the team. It can be hard to tell if the parents have a legitimate gripe or if their lack of support is undermining the coach. They have a young, but very talented team right now, so the next 2 years will tell what the problem really is.

I personally think that a program is only as good as the players that play in it...If you have DI caliber players year in and year out, then you have a solid chance to compete every year. In the last 15 years, Lenoir City has only had one player sign a DI scholarship and that was mid major. Bolivar for example has two high major D-1 players on the same team. Some programs just don't have the horses and will never have them... :blink:

It's true that Bolivar has two great D-1 players on the same team...we're lucky to have guys that can play and have great character too.

But Bolivar has also had other great palyers. Cameron Crisp and Ashley Champion are two that come to mind...but I know I'm leaving others out.

And we'd absolutely LOVE to have a great football team too!

York...they started the year nearly beating Clay Co. and now they are in chaos. There's no plays, just playground ball, good players on the bench or quitting.

Clarkrange, A perfect example. Coach Rodney Pile has been on the bench since 1999 and look at that program,near the bottom of 7A every year. Had good talent for the last 4 years. If you have a good coach the talent will find them.

Yeah, but why does Camden have a good football program? I tell you why. coaching. It all comes down to coaching. Yeah, it may take a while tobuild a program. You get a good coach and start winning, the kids will come and play. Everybody loves a winner. If Camden would of won before the coach from Martin came, they would still be winning now.

Like I said, the reason that Camden's B-ball program should have been winning in the years before when the athletes actually still came out is a nother discussion (coaching or lack there of)...but now that they see the football program having success (because of good coaching) the athletes go where they at least have a shot at winning. I guess it'll take some really bad years for something to be done.

Like I said, the reason that Camden's B-ball program should have been winning in the years before when the athletes actually still came out is a nother discussion (coaching or lack there of)...but now that they see the football program having success (because of good coaching) the athletes go where they at least have a shot at winning. I guess it'll take some really bad years for something to be done.

How long is some?

Maybe it's the same problem I've heard the girls program has, the parents of certian players and (seldom the players with talent) go to the administraion and complain about every little thing, then the admin goes to the coach with rules and bylaws (to keep their job) of who and how he is to promote and coach. And since these certian questionable talented kids are getting floor time they do as they please NOT what they are coached to do, or whats best for the program. And the others just work their butts off and try to stay in the game. It's a no winner.

You nailed it. The coach is not free to coach, thus some of the players think they can do whatever they want. It is time for this coach to make a decision and live with it. He knows basketball and he is a nice guy. That is, he is very approachable and is always available to talk with anyone; parents, players, ect. He is actually a player's coach and I guarantee that he has the best interest of each player and the team in mind with every decision he makes, when he is allowed to make the decisions. The decision he must make is simply is he going to listen to everyone else and hope things come out ok, or, put his foot down and say that this is my team and I will coach them the way I think is best, attitudes will benched, and the parents can cry if they want. Only effort will be awarded. It could cost him his job. However, as long as his coaching does not involved misconduct or violations of school rules, he will be ok. And I know it will not involve those things. Grab the bull by the horns coach and take control of your team. I know you can. I know you have it in you. You are too good of a person not to be given the chance. To everyone who does not know this team, do not assume that you know who the problems are. You would be surprised. Some of the ones who appear to have an attitude are actually just showing their emotion in their own way and they support, and listen to, the coach. Some players on this team are actually sacrificing their stats for the good of the team, to try to get the team going. This team has as much talent as anyone I have seen them play. Get it together boys and back your coach. Parents, I do not have a son on this team. I simply cheer for this team because it is part of my school. As parents, you totally support your team. You travel everywhere to cheer them on and you are always backing them. Thanks for that. For those who are on the coaches back, if he does not violate some policy or law, or do something to harm your child, stay out of McMaster’s office and off the phone to Jackson. Enough said. You as parents are also a part of the team. That part should sit in the stands and cheer, provide money for camps, and work the concession stand when your time comes. Let the Coach Coach and let the Players Play. But that is just my opinion, which is not worth much is some people’s eyes. :P

I definitely believe Cleveland & Bradley Central are struggling this year...Bradley has the talent, but I don't know what is wrong with them...Cleveland has talent as well, but they just can't seem to play that well...the only reason Cleveland does anything they do is Alex Goldston...without him, they are nowhere right now...