SPORTSFAN520

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant Post

????

Rockvale will be a 5A school.

There will be 2,000 new homes built in the $300, 000 range. They are being built right now. There will also be a mall comparable to Stones River built in that area. The Siegel population will definitely move that way to keep up with the "Joneses." Riverdale will crumble just like OHS did when Siegel was built. Why do you think Rankin and all his coaches are already bailing out? They see the "writing" on the wall. Watch for Rockvale and Riverdale to become a VERY intense and heated rivalry.

yea my grandparents sold land out there for them to put about 150 homes... i just remembered me hearing about all those homes going up out there... my bad

How many people were at this game the last time it took place?

Was it anywhere near 2400? Were there at least 200 people standing in the hallway? Were hundreds of people denied entrance at halftime of the girls game?

If not, its not as big as Oakland vs. Siegel :ph34r:

White Co. vs. Cookeville is still more of a rivalry. Plus they've been playing about 100 years.

Oakland and Siegel have been palying only about 3 years. The Boro has 4 AAA schools. I'm sure lots of the people at the game were just interested boro fans not particularly rooting for either team. No contest. :ph34r:

Edited by 85warrior

There are a lot of good rivalries in the state. I'm sure everyone thinks that their school's biggest rival is the states biggest rivalry. I'm no different. Bradley Central-Cleveland would be hard to beat. Those two schools just plain don't like each other. They usually have decent teams and they pack out the gyms. Fire marshalls usually cut off the people entering the gym. It seems like either Bradley or Cleveland makes the state tournament. Great players like Vincent Yarborough, Del Baker, Darnell Mee (Denver Nuggets), Alvin Scott (Phonix Suns),Chad Copeland, Josh Hare (Mr. Basketball), Justin Hare, and Kellen Pickel have all played in this storied rivalry.

Outside of Cleveland-Bradley, I see rivalry like Maryville-Alcoa as being a fierce rivalry.

In closing, I'd like to see some of the rivalries across the state. I'd love to see some them listed in this thread. I bet there are some unreal ones in the Memphis area. Especially since the majority of bling bling (Gold Ball Trophies) end up in the Memphis area.

Until next time...the Backyard Legend is out.

There is no history between siegel vs oakland. They have only played for like 3 years. Ill give you that its a good game to watch but I dont think that it is as good of a rivalry than Cookeville vs White Co.

Most of the people were cheering for one or the other to win. History is bein made and it is one of the best rivalries.

How mant students are in each student section for Cookeville and White County?

Edited by OHS8815