Prospects in Chattanooga area

ChattanoogaBall30

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone knows what you mean, but there's no Division 1-A and 1-AA in college basketball as in college football. UTC, Tennessee Tech, etc are Division I, same as Tennessee and Vanderbilt. Mooneyham is 6'4" with a good three point shot, good rebounding and runs the floor well. He should get some looks.

Tony Taylor looked like someone that might go to Chattanooga State and the same for Alex Wells.....Wells impressed me the most.....he's white but the boy could ball!

Wells can play and he knows it! He'll have to tone down the attitude a little in order to be considered a reputable prospect. I think he'll step into the role of a leader (talent & attitude) and make a nice DII player.

He did lose his cool because #25 on our team Blocked him and he got mad.....I know he's 6'9 but you got to be able to shoot from somewhere's else except right underneath the goal to play at the next level.....I know he's just a sophmore a he has alot of work to do......I know he blocked alot of shots in that game but when your 6'9 you ought be able to block alot of shots....

He'll get major looks because of the points made by bledsoebtheboys & spydaman. He's a 6'9 sophomore that blocks a lot of shots. He does need some work on aspects of his game. He plays on a guard oriented team (as most are in the Chattanooga-area) and he doesn't have a lot of opportunities to get in an open space away from the basket much. Let's hope that the 2 off seasons before his senior year are beneficial. Some others have catulpulted their stock in less time (without being 6"9).

He did lose his cool because #25 on our team Blocked him and he got mad.....I know he's 6'9 but you got to be able to shoot from somewhere's else except right underneath the goal to play at the next level.....I know he's just a sophmore a he has alot of work to do......I know he blocked alot of shots in that game but when your 6'9 you ought be able to block alot of shots....

the only problem I have with the 6'9" kid is that he's loses his cool way too much.

if he got a tech against bledsoe like you say, then that makes at least 3 this year.

thats putting up some Rasheed Wallace (while he was with Portland) numbers.

Chauncey Thompson from Notre Dame, Martel Powell CSAS, Jonathan and Andrew Hilton from Hixson, Derrick Rendae Soddy (but Russel Mcneil very very overrated), Randall Smith and Brandon Moon Red Bank, Dominique Taylor Howard

I'll have to disagree with you on this one h-town. Granted I've only seen McNeil play about 5 or 6 times, it appears that he controls the game and makes his teammates better without forfeiting his offense (Randall Smith does this as well). I think he's the one person out of the ones mentioned that I would want to have the ball with the game on the line. 9 out of 10 times he's going to put your team in a position to win. However, I do agree with your other picks.