Brandan Wright

nastysquad06

Cannon was a good shooter, but not anywhere in the same league with the other guys mentioned as a player. Never saw much time in college for a reason. Maybe if dad had coached him after high school he could have continued to shoot 40-50 times a game and not played any D. Mike Rhodes at Perry County was a great shooter too.

He did attend Arkansas and played ball there on a full ride. During his time there they won 2 national championships so maybe that was a reason he didn't play much because he was up there with the elite players of the country. It will be interesting to see how Wright develops after his high school days are over.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did attend Arkansas and played ball there on a full ride. During his time there they won 2 national championships so maybe that was a reason he didn't play much because he was up there with the elite players of the country. It will be interesting to see how Wright develops after his high school days are over.

Junior, you have quite a few of your facts wrong. :blink: Yes, Cannon did play at Arkansas. No he never played for a National CHampionship team, much less two. Arkansas has only made the championship game one time ever and that was in 1994, a win over Duke. Unless Cannon was an 8 year senior that year, :( he was not on that team since he graduated high school in 1986. He had a guy by the name of Ron Heury from Memphis Whitehaven. in front of him all four years. Larry Marks from Columbia Central was also on that team. Oh yeah, the 3pt. line came to high school in the fall of '86. You did know that he didn't have that in high school.

Edited by macktheknife

I've had the oppurtunity to see Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism play and i still think that Brandan is better than both of them. Living in Middle Tennessee i do see a lot heavier dose of Brandan Wright than any memphis player.

1. question did you see B. Wright and W. Chism go toe to toe in Bristol if you did you can not say he is the best of the three or should I say 4. Brandon had 21pts 9 reb. and 2 blks. and Wayne had 20 pts 11 rebs and 2 blks. And Wayne also held the no. 1 prep in the nation to only 11pts. To me depending on the opposite team that is when these guys play their best. And Willie can take over any game at any time if that is what is needed of him. Let's not talk about Thad this cat is just FIRE when he is healthy.

I wish all of them the best in the yrs. to come Thad at G.T. Wayne at UT Vols, Brandon at N.C. and Willie at UofMem.

CONGRADES TO ALL OF THE TOP PLAYERS OUT OF TN.

Edited by Bizzieb_34

I would have taken Penny over Brandan in high school as well.

I agree with you that Penny is the best to come out of Tennessee. However, Brandan has impressed me more as a high school player. I only saw Penny play the state tourney his senior year, so my opinion is far from "scientific".

1. question did you see B. Wright and W. Chism go toe to toe in Bristol if you did you can not say he is the best of the three or should I say 4. Brandon had 21pts 9 reb. and 2 blks. and Wayne had 20 pts 11 rebs and 2 blks. And Wayne also held the no. 1 prep in the nation to only 11pts. To me depending on the opposite team that is when these guys play their best. And Willie can take over any game at any time if that is what is needed of him. Let's not talk about Thad this cat is just FIRE when he is healthy.

I wish all of them the best in the yrs. to come Thad at G.T. Wayne at UT Vols, Brandon at N.C. and Willie at UofMem.

CONGRADES TO ALL OF THE TOP PLAYERS OUT OF TN.

Let's not forget that basketball remains a team sport. BA defeated Bolivar when they met, in large part because Brandan is a team player first. Matching stats is pointless, unless you can also say that your team won the game.

i kinda agree wit all of u..but i've seen Thad Young play numerous of times and he is good...Brandon Wright is good too but i say Thad is most def the best player to come out of TN..my rankings are as follows:

1. Thad Young- Mitchell

2. Willie Kemp

3. Wayne Chism

4. Brandon Wright

5. Brandon Powell

6. Jeremy Williams

7. Joseph Watkins

8. Andre Thornton

Memphis most def have sum of the best players

i kinda agree wit all of u..but i've seen Thad Young play numerous of times and he is good...Brandon Wright is good too but i say Thad is most def the best player to come out of TN..my rankings are as follows:

1. Thad Young- Mitchell

2. Willie Kemp

3. Wayne Chism

4. Brandon Wright

5. Brandon Powell

6. Jeremy Williams

7. Joseph Watkins

8. Andre Thornton

I think that is pretty accurate

I'd have to say Penny Hardaway is the best ever to come out of here and was the highest rated. He was unbelievable. He is the only player from Tennessee to accomplish the things he has like being name All NBA first team three times. He was with no question the highest rated. If not for injuries he would be almost as close as you can get to Jordan today. He even has outplayed Jordan before. As for this year Thad Young is in the mix as well.

This is one of the only posts that make sense in this thread..

Penny is the best to ever come out of tennessee... If not for his injury he would have ended up in the top 5 to ever play the game of basketball period.... It's just too bad things went the way they did...

1. Thad Young- Mitchell

2. Willie Kemp

3. Wayne Chism

4. Brandon Wright

5. Brandon Powell

6. Jeremy Williams

7. Joseph Watkins

8. Andre Thornton

You might have more credibility if you learned how to spell people's names before ranking them.

1. Thad Young- Mitchell

2. Willie Kemp

3. Wayne Chism

4. Brandon Wright

5. Brandon Powell

6. Jeremy Williams

7. Joseph Watkins

8. Andre Thornton

I do agree that the Memphis area has more top players than any other area in the state. In fact, this year's Memphis talent ranks up there with any other city in the country. I find it hard to believe, however, that Brandan Wright is the fourth best player in the state. He and Young are 1a and 1b with Chism and Kemp alone on that next tier.

I'd put Wright ahead of Young right now for one reason. He's getting ready to claim his 4th straight title, with a lot weaker supporting cast.

Penny Hardaway would probably be my top pick but no one has mentioned David Harrison who proceeded Wright at BA, was an All-American and a first round draft pick also. Going old school, Derrick Hord from Tennessee High was as highly rated as any of these guys and won a National championship at Kentucky.

Junior, you have quite a few of your facts wrong. B) Yes, Cannon did play at Arkansas. No he never played for a National CHampionship team, much less two. Arkansas has only made the championship game one time ever and that was in 1994, a win over Duke. Unless Cannon was an 8 year senior that year, :P he was not on that team since he graduated high school in 1986. He had a guy by the name of Ron Heury from Memphis Whitehaven. in front of him all four years. Larry Marks from Columbia Central was also on that team. Oh yeah, the 3pt. line came to high school in the fall of '86. You did know that he didn't have that in high school.

Thanks for the update, i guess i did have my facts wrong. But yes, I did know that the three point line was not put in until then and a lot of his shots were three pointers or further.