Who will win Single A State Championship?

m-town state champs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have not seen Middle College You may need to wait before you pick anybody else to win state. These kids are talented. They started off the year slow but they have picked it up. Word is they dominated wayne county in That First South Bank Holiday Tournament in Jackson. The guy Lucchesi is averaging aroung 20 to 22 points a game. Wait till you see the high flier Currie. He is a long 6'7 and they have a strong supporting cast. Very Strong. Middleton and Grace look out their best is yet to come.They will be dangerous come tournament time.

There are several teams who have the ability and potential to win the championship. It just depends on who peaks at the right time. Middleton is obviously a favorite considering they are still officially the #1 team in the state at this point. Middle College, Union City, and Humboldt are strong contenders as well, among others.

I believe Lake Co has as good as chance as any of these teams.Already have wins over two of the teams listed in Middle College and Humboldt.....But lily is right..Middle Co isn't getting a lot of recognition but they are extremely talented..I'm anxious to see how the Middleton-Middle College comes out..

Grace is way too good to end up with anything other than a gold ball come season's end.

The state champion will come from West Tennessee again this year and the championship game will be between 2 West Tennessee teams again....

Union City vs Middleton

I guess you are as good as the weatherman..right at 5o percent of the time..Lake Co will be there instead of U.C. so you may at least got one of the teams right..But ..I'm also not convinced Middleton will be there either...Look out for Middle College!

Edited by mrbigster

I guess you are as good as the weatherman..right at 5o percent of the time..Lake Co will be there instead of U.C. so you may at least got one of the teams right..But ..I'm also not convinced Middleton will be there either...Look out for Middle College!

I'm right 50% of the time and not wrong the other 50%.....

Union City and Lake County could play for the championship you know...Of course that would mean Lake County would go 0-5 against the Tornadoes....

Also,if you keep going to see Union City play you will get the fever...I don't think they sell hats at the game...Leave early and go to The Locker Room,they have them and shirts too,pick up one or both up..But go before 5,that's when they close..It's homecoming tonight so go to Applebees and eat and get full before Union City's big win..L :thumb: L!!!!

I'm right 50% of the time and not wrong the other 50%.....

Union City and Lake County could play for the championship you know...Of course that would mean Lake County would go 0-5 against the Tornadoes....

Also,if you keep going to see Union City play you will get the fever...I don't think they sell hats at the game...Leave early and go to The Locker Room,they have them and shirts too,pick up one or both up..But go before 5,that's when they close..It's homecoming tonight so go to Applebees and eat and get full before Union City's big win..L :lol: L!!!!

After watching the game last night..you are right..I am catching the U.C. fever...I have to admit...based on his performance last night..Weddle should be the front runner for Mr.Basketball.....And I did go eat early..We went to the Chinese restaurant though...As far as the locker room..I may have to find a U.C. shirt at a yard sale..lol...But really..U.C. played a great game last night against a very talented Humboldt squad..Weddle was the difference in the game and # 24 helped out with 2 or 3 big threes...By what I am looking at..I believe I would have to make sure I knew where these two guys are and maybe force Coleman to shoot from the outside..Plus ,Coleman wants to make a lot of cross court passes and is prone to have that pass picked off..But..Weddle made a couple shots from way beyond the arc..not much a team can do about that..I would pick him up at half court... but with 3 seconds to go in the half and U.C. taking the ball out from under their own basket,Union City threw the ball in to Weddle at the top of the key and he made a big three point shot at the buzzer..My point is ..there is no way U.C. would have inbounded the ball to Weddle if I were coaching and he surely wouldn't have got the ball at that spot..Weddle may have ran to the other end to get the ball..I have no idea how a team ,knowing Weddle is looking to get the ball,lose a player of that calibre, that was shooting the lights out already .!

Edited by mrbigster

There are several teams who have the ability and potential to win the championship. It just depends on who peaks at the right time. Middleton is obviously a favorite considering they are still officially the #1 team in the state at this point. Middle College, Union City, and Humboldt are strong contenders as well, among others.

I've been saying that Middle College wasn't getting enough recognition..but since Middleton is supposedely the favorite..we may have overlooked another team..Manassas...Manassas came in the Middleton game with a 6-13 record and beat Middleton 72-66

I've been saying that Middle College wasn't getting enough recognition..but since Middleton is supposedely the favorite..we may have overlooked another team..Manassas...Manassas came in the Middleton game with a 6-13 record and beat Middleton 72-66

Didn't Manassas beat them at Middleton? I thought that is what I heard. Any team can win on any given night! Anyone can be beat, even Union City! I know I will get a lot of UC replies on this one bigster!