Why no respect for Catholic?

Flyguy2100

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you're right. He had a great AAU season and I had hoped he would catch the eye of a small D-1 school but it isn't currently happening. It's hard to get coaches interested in a 5'10" white point guard. He's deceptively athletic and has led his team to a 82-20 record as a 4 year starter. He's a great defender and ball handler plus his 3 point shooting has improved tremendously. He's really moved up on several rating boards and played very well at the Bob Gibbons evaluation camp at Wake Forest. He has basically been promised starting postions from several D-3 and chances by D-2 but he's hoping for a better offer.

Maybe I gave you a little to much credit for basketball intelligence. We held Farragut to 35 points for the entire GAME which included an OT. I'm sure your astute math skills will show that equals 37 minutes holding them to 35 points. They scored 25 on you in 8 minutes. We are giving up 37 points a game with a 13-2 record. If CSAS isn't that good as you say then you've really only played 1 good team. I would have loved to see you play Bearden. They would have blown up the scoreboard against you all. Thanks for helping me support the arguement that you've built a great record playing no one. Do half the teams you play really wear cutoff jeans and t-shirts?

I got it twisted, I thought you mean't you held them to 35 points in OT...I will applaud your effort...however, I am curious...what do you mean do the teams we play really wear cutoff jeans and tshirts??? Or is this just your immature way of trying to disrespect MC???

Catholic plays very good basketball. They may have only one player doing all the scoring, but the whole team realizes that that is how they are going to win games, and their record seems to show that. They haven't had any cake walk games except for maybe one. The two posts are playing very well, and the rest of the players are very good role players, and that is what makes a good team. No one out there is selfish and doesn't care who gets the points. They know who is going to get the points. The coach knows what he is doing. He has a very good gameplan and knows how Catholic is going to win, with defense and controlling the tempo. So say what you want, but I can guarantee that once anyone plays them, they are going to be in for a battle.

Catholic plays very good basketball. They may have only one player doing all the scoring, but the whole team realizes that that is how they are going to win games, and their record seems to show that. They haven't had any cake walk games except for maybe one. The two posts are playing very well, and the rest of the players are very good role players, and that is what makes a good team. No one out there is selfish and doesn't care who gets the points. They know who is going to get the points. The coach knows what he is doing. He has a very good gameplan and knows how Catholic is going to win, with defense and controlling the tempo. So say what you want, but I can guarantee that once anyone plays them, they are going to be in for a battle.

I promise Im not bashing Catholic here, but if only one player is going to do the scoring, then eventually, a good team is going to figure that out before hand and stop that...so for Catholic to continue to win, they will have to find better ways to get the ball in everybody's hands...just some food for thought...

Thanks for a little respect from the McMinn Central area. It's not that one person is doing all the scoring, the other 4 players are consistently scoring 6-8 each everynight. Part of the reason everyone is scoring so well for MC is that everybody is gearing up to stop Beau. Ask your McMinn Central boy Blake Derrick how tough the 2 Catholic players he played AAU with are. I think we would match up surprisingly well with MC. Tremane Brown or Matt Parton would match up well with Beau and Tremane would give Blake trouble. Matt did very well guarding Beau this summer in AAU. Beau only scored 11 counting a banked in 3 from the top of the key that even he started laughing about. You really don't have a player that would physically match up with Harrison Smith. He is an animal! UT has already offered him in football as a junior with Notre Dame coming to Catholic today to watch basketball practice and propose an offer. We would frustrate you with our slow down style. Your halfcourt offense and defense isn't nearly as effective as your transition game. While you're talking to Blake, ask him about Parton vs. Tony White this summer- Parton 22 points, 7 assists,0 turnovers Tony White 4 points, 8 turnovers, and very few assists ,if any. Tony White has lost to Parton everytime they've met playing AAU. Also not disrespecting MC just the teams they've played. I coach Blake's AAU team and know your team pretty well.

Edited by IrishBBall

Thanks for a little respect from the McMinn Central area. It's not that one person is doing all the scoring, the other 4 players are consistently scoring 6-8 each everynight. Part of the reason everyone is scoring so well for MC is that everybody is gearing up to stop Beau. Ask your McMinn Central boy Blake Derrick how tough the 2 Catholic players he played AAU with are. I think we would match up surprisingly well with MC. Tremane Brown or Matt Parton would match up well with Beau and Tremane would give Blake trouble. Matt did very well guarding Beau this summer in AAU. Beau only scored 11 counting a banked in 3 from the top of the key that even he started laughing about. You really don't have a player that would physically match up with Harrison Smith. He is an animal! UT has already offered him in football as a junior with Notre Dame coming to Catholic today to watch basketball practice and propose an offer. We would frustrate you with our slow down style. Your halfcourt offense and defense isn't nearly as effective as your transition game. While you're talking to Blake, ask him about Parton vs. Tony White this summer- Parton 22 points, 7 assists,0 turnovers Tony White 4 points, 8 turnovers, and very few assists ,if any. Tony White has lost to Parton everytime they've met playing AAU. Also not disrespecting MC just the teams they've played. I coach Blake's AAU team and know your team pretty well.

Well, I give respect where respect is due...however, you said you Coach Blake's team...and you also said that Parton could match up with Beau...lol, I know exactly why you hold Parton in such high regards, but I'll leave it at that...from what I hear, Parton couldn't guard Beau to save his life and furthermore, Beau's team killed yall...one other thing...I've also heard that Parton is straight GARBAGE...thats just what I've heard from people who were there when yall played Beau's team though...

Yeah, I'm biased about most of the kids I've coached. But I wouldn't call the Stars Beau's team. It was more the Brandon Wright and Keith Ramsey show. AND we couldn't match up with them at all. That was the first time I saw Ramsey and came away very impressed. And I'm probably not who you think I am given the Parton comment-not related, justed have worked with him since he was 9. He's one of the best defenders I've coached and I've coached people that played in the NBA, WNBA, and big tme D-1 players.

Yeah, I'm biased about most of the kids I've coached. But I wouldn't call the Stars Beau's team. It was more the Brandon Wright and Keith Ramsey show. AND we couldn't match up with them at all. That was the first time I saw Ramsey and came away very impressed. And I'm probably not who you think I am given the Parton comment-not related, justed have worked with him since he was 9. He's one of the best defenders I've coached and I've coached people that played in the NBA, WNBA, and big tme D-1 players.

Well, then obviously your a good coach if what your saying is true about the NBA and WNBA thing and I will give more thoughts to your oppinions in the future...and by Beau's team I mean't the team Beau played for...I kno good and well that Brandon and Keith are the show for the Stars...however, about the Parton comment...I was just going on what someone told me...however, this same source also has a very keen knowledge of the game and he is a very good judge of players...and he said Parton is not that good...in fact, his exact words were that he is garbage...

Well, then obviously your a good coach if what your saying is true about the NBA and WNBA thing and I will give more thoughts to your oppinions in the future...and by Beau's team I mean't the team Beau played for...I kno good and well that Brandon and Keith are the show for the Stars...however, about the Parton comment...I was just going on what someone told me...however, this same source also has a very keen knowledge of the game and he is a very good judge of players...and he said Parton is not that good...in fact, his exact words were that he is garbage...

Garbage, then why is Western Carolina, Mars Hills, West Virginia Tech, Hanover College, Maryville College, Blurfield College and Wofford coming to his games CONSISTENTLY. I wish more players were that "garbage" then they could have a free education too!

Whoever said Parton was GARBAGE is either clueless or must have seen him play a rare horrible game. The kid is 82-20 as a 4 year starter and don't tell me it's because he's had great teammates. Who in East TN can make a claim to both those statements? I know it's a cliche but I've never coached a player with more heart and that can't be measured. But I promise you anyone who was played against him will tell you he's been in a battle. He's taken the leadership of the Zags since he was a freshman playing up in age (unlike Tony White who played down an age group). We've won numerous tournaments around the South where we had no business being on the court if you just looked at us. I think the respect he's gotten playing against the Travelers, Ballerz and Thunder and beating them speaks for itself. Don't let one person's opinion of Parton form your judgement. I'd take him over any point guard in East TN and yes I've seen about everybody in ET play.