Greeneville and South Greene battling at Rebel Hill on Saturday. Any p

river271

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville is playing pretty good basketball right now as wiggins gets more healthy each day. South Greene has a tough game tonight against Unicoi County. I think Greeneville should win but you can never count out the Rebels who are playing some pretty good basketball of their own. You got to remember this is South Greene against Greeneville the two top dogs in Greene County and it is always a battle. Look forward to another great game between these two teams.

South Greene has the leading scorer in the county in Kyle Donahue and this game is being played at South Greene, which the last time I went is the best high school basketball atmosphere I have ever seen, so Greeneville better bring the A+ game or the Rebs will get the win. One thing is for certain the Rebels have no fear when it comes to this matchup.

I think Greeneville will come away with this one after coming off two big wins. And South Greene only beat West Greene ( a team that is 0-10) by 16 dosen't look too good for them. And I don't think anybody can stop Wiggins after having 24 points against Morristown West and 23 agaisnt Red Bank.

Edited by lilpoofer22

Greeneville by 10 now that Wiggins & Allen are healthy. South Greene doesn't have anyone that can stop Wiggins in the post, now that he is healthy. He dominated the 1st match up, even only playing 3 minutes per quarter due to injury.

I don't know what game you watched, but the game I saw Hardly had Wiggins dominating anything. If I am not mistaken, the kid wound up with about 7 points. It just happend that the 7 or so he scored were at crucial times in the game. Even with that, SG had a look at the end of Regulation to win, and Donahue missed a layup with only seconds left in overtime or who knows, they may still be playing. The fact is that you take away the imports from GHS (Boone & Wiggins) and GHS may not have won a game. These two make everybody else better. With that said, there is no doubt that GHS is a very good team now. However, the last time I checked Greeneville hasn't blown SG out in several years, and I would not expect it to happen any time soon! It will definately be a good game to see.

South Greene has the leading scorer in the county in Kyle Donahue and this game is being played at South Greene, which the last time I went is the best high school basketball atmosphere I have ever seen, so Greeneville better bring the A+ game or the Rebs will get the win. One thing is for certain the Rebels have no fear when it comes to this matchup.

This one will depend on how South Greene rebounds from their loss to Unicoi. Donahue went 6 for 20 so we know good defense can handle him. That happens to be GreenEville's stregnth. Should be a barn burner.

There is always standing room only when GHS comes to SGHS. It always a battle when the city teams play a county team. SGHS had a hard loss to Unicoi County, and will have a hard week with Elizabethton Friday and then playing GHS on Saturday. The Rebs only lost by one in overtime, and that was playing away. It always makes it better playing at home. Good luck to the Rebs. They have had a great season. So many thought once the three amigos graduated (Tyler Sauceman, Bruce Wright, & Brandon Rohr) that the team would fall, but I guess they've showed other teams they are here to fight and won't back down. <_<

There is always standing room only when GHS comes to SGHS. It always a battle when the city teams play a county team. SGHS had a hard loss to Unicoi County, and will have a hard week with Elizabethton Friday and then playing GHS on Saturday. The Rebs only lost by one in overtime, and that was playing away. It always makes it better playing at home. Good luck to the Rebs. They have had a great season. So many thought once the three amigos graduated (Tyler Sauceman, Bruce Wright, & Brandon Rohr) that the team would fall, but I guess they've showed other teams they are here to fight and won't back down. :lol:

Greeneville against south greene is always a game that would fill any gym. The last time they met, Greeneville bested the rebels by one in overtime. This was the first game that they had a semi-healthy Wiggins. Wiggins is the 6"7 post for Greeneville. He scored 24 against Morristown west, the number two team in the IMAC, and scored 23 against Red Bank, the number 4 team in the state. I am interested to see how South Greene deals with him because it is evident from the last two games that he cannot be stopped. If they shut him down, then they still have to deal with moore, boone, anderson, washington, and allen. They are all very capable of turning around a game and have been proven to be a handful for any team. I have to go with Greeneville 58 to 41.

(quote)Hoosiers20.....I don't know what game you watched, but the game I saw Hardly had Wiggins dominating anything. If I am not mistaken, the kid wound up with about 7 points. It just happend that the 7 or so he scored were at crucial times in the game.

I don't know what game you watched....Wiggins only played less than 3 minutes per quarter, due to just coming off knee surgery, and was unfamiliar with the Greeneville program. He was probably playing at less than 50% and still made a dominating difference in the outcome of the game. He may have only scored 7 points that game, but it was his defense and shot blocking that made the difference in the game. Now that he is healthy I look for him to have 25+ against SG, scoring easily against them just like he did against Mo West & Red Bank. :lol:

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM

He scored only scored 7 points but they basically decided the game. He hit a fade away three pointer in the corner to tie the game. Oh yea, he was injured. Everyone is quick to point out the points he scores but since he is beginning to get fully recovered, lets look at his total statistics. He scored 15 points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 steals, and 3 assists in the first game at Chattanooga Red Bank, STILL SLIGHTY INJURED. He then becomes healthy and scores 23 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks, 5 assists, against Morristown West. Again against Chattanooga Red Bank, 24 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks, 4 assists. He isn t a very good player. Since your such a basketball genius why dont you tell the coach out at South Greene when they play that 3-2 matchup zone(cause they cant guard Greeneville in a man) to let Wiggins catch it at the elbow all night and let him shoot since he only scored 7 the game you saw. I look for Wiggins to completely dominate the week rebel defense.

Edited by h0oP$-fAn