Is there anyway that South Greene can match up with Greeneville

river271

Did not happen. Every time this rivalry comes up somebody has to play the race card!

It did happen!!! And it happens every time Greeneville plays South Greene maybe your ears are just not as good as most people but the majority of the people heard it and everybody will hear it Saturday. Very classless!! And having watched the tape of the game i know for a fact it happened...but maybe you dont study film!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to be very diplomatic on this topic and I think everyone has the right to have their say. However in response to Hoosiers 20 this did happen and not just the last time the two teams played but it has happened in the past. Not only is that not good for the schools but it is not a good thing for the community either. On the other hand the ball throwing is not a good thing either but no one has questioned that happening. But to both teams: it is a game, so play the game win with respect or lose with respect. Shake hands when it is over and compliment each other for having a pretty darn good team.

South Greene is not the one who gets pumped up about Greeneville. South Greene is 2A and Greeneville is 3A. It is embarrassing for Greeneville to lose, although South Greene hates to lose to Greeneville, it's not as big of a deal. as for sportmanship, Greeneville's student section is one of the rudest in East Tennessee. What about the chant a few years ago, that's alright that's o.k. we will be your boss one day. How much class is in that chant. Face it, your sports teams are just trying to keep up with your band. It's the best part about the school. One last thought, I don't think South Greene was on t.v. for it's bullying of it's own students. Great pride in that!!!!

Yeah your right Greeneville is 3A and South Greene is 2A, but wait, South Greene only has about 200 fewer students than Greeneville. So the saying that Greeneville is suppost to win isnt because class size its becuase of the fact that Greeneville has a better program. In all reality Greeneville should play in class 2A based on student base. Its also funny how you suddenly stopped denying the coon chant. The chant happened and the race card is played because the hill billy hicks of rock batter and South Greene dont want to join us here in 2006.

South Greene is not the one who gets pumped up about Greeneville. South Greene is 2A and Greeneville is 3A. It is embarrassing for Greeneville to lose, although South Greene hates to lose to Greeneville, it's not as big of a deal. as for sportmanship, Greeneville's student section is one of the rudest in East Tennessee. What about the chant a few years ago, that's alright that's o.k. we will be your boss one day. How much class is in that chant. Face it, your sports teams are just trying to keep up with your band. It's the best part about the school. One last thought, I don't think South Greene was on t.v. for it's bullying of it's own students. Great pride in that!!!!

\

Hey Dukes,

There is no call for that.....

Those seniors are out of our high school... If u from SG and yall are whining and complaining that our sports programs aren't that good. We'll play yall any sport any time Just SIGN THE ..................................... Line

That is crazy!! South Greene wants to win this game worse than any other...You always wanna beat the top dog.

And as far as the band comment...our basketball team owns south greene's....your football team has beat us once in the history of the series and wont even play us any more...and baseball you wont play us in that sport either...and one senior class does that and we are bad??? ok...but wait a minute your students, women, and sixty year old men chant coon!! In the JV game last year the Greeneville point gaurd,who is black, was dribbling down the floor and a older guy starts barking like a coon dog...thats classy right??

Hey norton 65 or d.a. or whatever you go by, the SGHS students who you say uses the coon chant have already graduated too!!! From what I hear, the reason SGHS don't play Greeneville anymore is because of most times they get together there is trouble, and most of it is from the Greeneville rednecks!!!

Unless they graduated at Christmas they are still there considering that they did it this year in the first game.

What is really funny about you all playing the race card, it seems the devil students have a green and white rebel flag they try to sneak in each time they go to South Greene. I agree, it's not right to chant coon, but clean up your own house before you try to tear down another.

Its real funny that SG gets on here and talks. To them its a huge game they even had like another homecoming for it we don't even care

Edited by dirtysanchez74