Is there anyway that South Greene can match up with Greeneville

river271

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you are saying is that Greeneville recruits when basically they have gotten a couple of transfers in from out of state? Jimmy Boone's father became the coach at Tusculum. So they came from Michigan. Antwaine Wiggins moved in from North Carolina which is considered to be a hotbed for basketball talent. Why would he want to leave and come to Greeneville, Tennessee??? But just imagine the possibilites if Jonathan Murner had not transfered back to Florida.................Greeneville has basically one feeder school where they have but one basketball program. South Greene has how many schools in their feeder program? Camp Creek, Nolachuckey, Debusk and Towering Oaks seems to be in this class now too. Four schools feeding them. They have a good program, they have good teams and I personally am not knocking them but I do get tired of hearing about how Greeneville only wins because of recruiting. Did South Greene not get a football player from Kingsport this year? No one is knocking them about that. I heard Sullivan Central got a 6'4" transfer guard from North Carolina I wonder how coach Duncan let that one slip away???? This has gotten crazy!

Yeah we had a bad season, but what does that have to do with basketball? We're going to be back next year in football. And yeah, we do win in 3a basketball. You're probably just an upset SG fan. You lost, we won, get over it.

I am not a SG fan. But the fact that you devil fans think its great you beat SG is nuts. They are a 2a and you are 3a. If you wanna add the state championships in basketball and football together boys and girls SG has you smoked. Fact is any decent 3a school should beat any good 2a school badly. Devils basketball has not been dominant since the days of Raymond Lee.

I am not a SG fan. But the fact that you devil fans think its great you beat SG is nuts. They are a 2a and you are 3a. If you wanna add the state championships in basketball and football together boys and girls SG has you smoked. Fact is any decent 3a school should beat any good 2a school badly. Devils basketball has not been dominant since the days of Raymond Lee.

just to let everyone know. we qualify to be a 2a school. We play up a division because we want more of a challenge. You'll love it when a 2a school playin in 3a goes to state this year.

just to let everyone know. we qualify to be a 2a school. We play up a division because we want more of a challenge. You'll love it when a 2a school playin in 3a goes to state this year.

Any more excuses?? Is going to state an accomplishment? I thought winning it was all that mattered. Plus who cares if you are 2a playing as a 3a that conf greeneville is in is a joke so it might as well be a 2a conf.

Any more excuses?? Is going to state an accomplishment? I thought winning it was all that mattered. Plus who cares if you are 2a playing as a 3a that conf greeneville is in is a joke so it might as well be a 2a conf.

Greeneville is underrated. It doesn't matter what conference they are in. They would still dominate in almost any conference. They will shock you at the end of the year.

Greeneville is underrated. It doesn't matter what conference they are in. They would still dominate in almost any conference. They will shock you at the end of the year.

I will agree with the underrated. They maybe deserve to be top 15 in the state. But besides moore and wiggins they do not have anyone that can keep them in games when they play the big boys from memphis.

I will agree with the underrated. They maybe deserve to be top 15 in the state. But besides moore and wiggins they do not have anyone that can keep them in games when they play the big boys from memphis.

I agree with the moore and wiggins but boone can also light it up from three if needed. He was been in somewhat of a slump but he still scores a good amount of points per night. and you can't forget about anderson who feels no pressure when bringing the ball down the floor. They may struggle a little with the teams in memphis but they can handle anything around here in route to playing those teams in memphis.

I agree with the moore and wiggins but boone can also light it up from three if needed. He was been in somewhat of a slump but he still scores a good amount of points per night. and you can't forget about anderson who feels no pressure when bringing the ball down the floor. They may struggle a little with the teams in memphis but they can handle anything around here in route to playing those teams in memphis.

They can handle science hill?? We will see. Like I said earlier at least science hill has been tested. I mean they played siegel, brentwood, bradley central, not to mention in a great xmas tourney. Please leist the best teams greeneville has played and try not to laugh doing it.

They can handle science hill?? We will see. Like I said earlier at least science hill has been tested. I mean they played siegel, brentwood, bradley central, not to mention in a great xmas tourney. Please leist the best teams greeneville has played and try not to laugh doing it.

Red Bank and the Beech Christmas Tournament was pretty too!!!!

Red Bank and the Beech Christmas Tournament was pretty too!!!!

Yeah if you think so. red bank is way over rated, and everyone knows if it isnt the arby's classic its a second rate xmas tourney. Please tell me how many highly ranked teams Greeneville played at that tourney?? SH played 2 top 10 teams in the entire state regardless of class in brentwood 21 in the NATION and siegel top 5 in the state.

So just how many state championships has South Greene won in football? If you are gonna talk about Greene County sports you need to get your facts straight. The South Greene Lady Rebels were a dynasty under Coach Larry Ricker no doubt. They have a very good football program there too but I have never seen a state championship football banner on the wall there, fact is having to go through Alcoa to get there it would be very tough to accomplish that.