James C. Haile State Invitational Tournament

ptguard12

Ok I joined this forum because of what I have been reading about the game at the James C. Haile tournament Saturday. To start it all off the Andrews kid is an awesome ball player, but it is hard to win a game when the other team has 5 good players that could step up at any time and score. I also want to add i don't agree with what the two girls did, but maybe they done it 1.) out of immaturity and 2.) out of the way the Andrews kid acted. To be one heck of a player he doesn't have good sportsmanship at all. I watched at the tip off the Dixon kid(#42) try and shake his hand to wish him a good game and he looked at his hand and shook his head no. Then when the final buzzard rang he headed to the locker room instead of congratulating the other team, until the coach told him about the awards. All and all the spectators got their moneys worth. GREAT GAME.

Emmaunuel did nothing to those girls to solicit their treatment of him. And furthermore, as for whatever you say Emmanuel did or didn't do before and after the game, do two wrongs make a right? Not in my house.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I joined this forum because of what I have been reading about the game at the James C. Haile tournament Saturday. To start it all off the Andrews kid is an awesome ball player, but it is hard to win a game when the other team has 5 good players that could step up at any time and score. I also want to add i don't agree with what the two girls did, but maybe they done it 1.) out of immaturity and 2.) out of the way the Andrews kid acted. To be one heck of a player he doesn't have good sportsmanship at all. I watched at the tip off the Dixon kid(#42) try and shake his hand to wish him a good game and he looked at his hand and shook his head no. Then when the final buzzard rang he headed to the locker room instead of congratulating the other team, until the coach told him about the awards. All and all the spectators got their moneys worth. GREAT GAME.

Well actually they had a little help on their side. I've seen worse officiating than this game, but after reading the local paper about how Liberty shot only 5 free throws and and WMS shot 25. Who couldn't be dominant when its 6 on 5???

Well actually they had a little help on their side. I've seen worse officiating than this game, but after reading the local paper about how Liberty shot only 5 free throws and and WMS shot 25. Who couldn't be dominant when its 6 on 5???

Has anyone seen Cleveland play. Those guys can go. They have 2 guards that have scored almost 700 points, in two years. I think that they are playing in the TNT tourney. They have a 6'3 3 guard that can get up and he is not one of the 2 main guards. The schedule says they play David Libscomb at 6:00 at the center in springfield.

Emmaunuel did nothing to those girls to solicit their treatment of him. And furthermore, as for whatever you say Emmanuel did or didn't do before and after the game, do two wrongs make a right? Not in my house.

I agreed the treatment from the girls was bad and just because they did that doesn't mean the whole town is like that. I was pointing out the sportsmanship that I observed from BOTH sides. Anyway if this is a discussion about the game of basketball then why has so much come out of this game on Saturday. GOOD JOB TO BOTH TEAMS!!!

Just to set the record straight, Andrews did shake the other teams hand and then headed to the dressing room. Your #2 reason for the girls actions is absolutely ridiculous. You are saying it is OK for young kids to take actions into their own hands as they see fit. Wow!

Just to set the record straight, Andrews did shake the other teams hand and then headed to the dressing room. Your #2 reason for the girls actions is absolutely ridiculous. You are saying it is OK for young kids to take actions into their own hands as they see fit. Wow!

I was saying I can't answer for the two girls only assume the reason they could have done it. And like I just posted before, everyone is getting off the real subject we are suppossed to be discussing BASKETBALL!!!!!!!

I saw the same thing -- I saw him shake the player's hand and then head to the locker room. And I was so impressed how he just walked on when those girls did that to him, because as I said -- two wrongs don't make a right.

I certainly wasn't smack talking anyone. That honor goes to 555dog, who has done nothing but slam Emmanuel Andrews. Let me say again what a great team WMS has and what a fabulous game they played. Congrats to them.

As a WMS parent, I would really like to remind everyone in this forum that 555dog, by his own admission, is not even from Wayne County. I think it's a shame that adults behave in this manner when discussing a ballgame played by young men whose ages are anywhere from 11-14 years. I guess I could get really philosophical and say that this is indicative of today's society, but I won't go there. I will say that I was at the game between Liberty and WMS, and I think both teams represented their schools very well. I agree that Andrews is a very good basketball player and wish him the best of luck in the future, but I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for his teammates, if this forum is any representation of the fans as a whole, Andrews' teammates seem to be overlooked pretty consistently. Basketball is not and will never be a 1 man game, it is most definitely a team sport.

As a WMS parent, I would really like to remind everyone in this forum that 555dog, by his own admission, is not even from Wayne County. I think it's a shame that adults behave in this manner when discussing a ballgame played by young men whose ages are anywhere from 11-14 years. I guess I could get really philosophical and say that this is indicative of today's society, but I won't go there. I will say that I was at the game between Liberty and WMS, and I think both teams represented their schools very well. I agree that Andrews is a very good basketball player and wish him the best of luck in the future, but I can't help but feel a little bit sorry for his teammates, if this forum is any representation of the fans as a whole, Andrews' teammates seem to be overlooked pretty consistently. Basketball is not and will never be a 1 man game, it is most definitely a team sport.

Waynecofan, the only reason we've been discussing Emmanuel so much is because 555dog was consistently bashing him or giving him backhanded compliments, and I don't care where 555dog is from or if he or she is a parent or child -- that's wrong. And also, if 555dog is not from Wayne Co., he/she sure is hung up on them -- and don't get me wrong they are a great team. I'm just saying why is a "Harding Co. parent" so interested in the WMS team?

As for the rest of Emmanuel's team mates, there is no reason to feel sorry for them -- they had a great season. You can bet if they any one of them had been disrespected like Emmanuel was as they walked off the court, I would have been just as upset. They are great kids and I love them all, and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I don't understand your comment about the Liberty fans. At least none of us hit one of your players in the face as he walked off the court defeated or have gotten on here and bashed any of your players in any fashion, an action "indicitive of today's society," I guess.

Congrats to your team on their win.

Edited by Ready OK

Thanks PTguard12 Waynesboro boys are loaded. Maybe the best group of athletes to ever come through this school.

i would agree that warren is outstanding along with the rice kids and that dixon kid. should be a group to watch for as long as franks is still coaching when these young men get to high school.

dont be like the class with coggins and miller

quote from coach in wilson school in alabama

"that class of 99 from wayne co. is the most overrated, underachieving group of seniors to come through that school

Nobody said he got bad-mouthed, 555dog. We said two little girls ran up after the game as he was walking off the court and HIT HIM IN THE FACE WITH TWO BLOW UP CHEER ITEMS. And they DID because I SAW IT. Were you even at the game????

Ok,I'm very sorry that one of our students hit on of your players,but I don't think she ment 2 hit him.They were just happy that their team had won,but I have 2 give props 2 the Andrews kid he is a very good player.That game was a very good game. :thumb:

PS.Good luck to Liberty in there other games!

Go WMS!! Good luck in TNT!

Ok I'm tired of every1 fighting over this game.Maybe the girls hit him.But u don't no 4 sure.That 1 lady from Liberty had no right 2 come down there and take the thunder sticks away from the girl.Ok yall the game is over.Find sumthin else 2 talk bout ok gosh it kinda getting old bout yall talking how unclassy we r. :thumb: