James C. Haile State Invitational Tournament

ptguard12

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm terribly sorry for trying to apologize.....

Ok I just had to post again.

There seems to be a bigger problem here. I sounds to me that all the hype the Andrews kid has got, maybe was more than WMS could handle.

He is a great player, probably the best the state of Tennessee has to offer at his age, Instead of bashing kids, why not support these young athletes and hope each student has a great future in whatever they do. Same goes for WMS. Not dawging out any of the WMS kids I came to watch Andrews and his ability.

And after watching his performance and talking to the coaches at Liberty about this guy, the guy was off, had a bad night. Look at all the open shots he missed, the shots he took when someone was hanging all over him. WMS did every thing they could to stop him and he still threw down 27.

27 in a middle school game which only has 24 minutes, and only beat them by 8.

Sounds to me the game should have been a blow out by the comparisions of the post.

Let me finish by saying this. Andrews has a great future if he keeps his nose clean.

The kids from WMS will play highschool basketball and go on to college and play some pickup games. Then fit in america just like the rest of us. When someone as good as Andrews comes around its not that often, we should take the liberty in every human being to respect people and mold our kids to respect not only people but athletes as well.

HE COULD OF PULLED A RON ARTEST ON THAT GIRL.

u dont know any thing crunchtime if andrews would of had the greatest game of hislife waynesboro still would have beaten them!!! he had only 20 points after the starters came out for waynesboro !!!!!! any of waynesboros players could have 27 points if they would have shot everytime down the floor !!!!!!!

u dont know any thing crunchtime if andrews would of had the greatest game of hislife waynesboro still would have beaten them!!! he had only 20 points after the starters came out for waynesboro !!!!!! any of waynesboros players could have 27 points if they would have shot everytime down the floor !!!!!!!

Truth hurts dog... He is better than anyone on the wms team. Unfortunatly for liberty they had to play their A game and they did not. I give credit where it is due. WMS had the better team Sat. And yes they are very talented.

If I recall the startes came out with 11.8 seconds left he scored 2 points when the subs were in. Get your facts straight before you tell me I know nothing.

Truth hurts dog... He is better than anyone on the wms team. Unfortunatly for liberty they had to play their A game and they did not. I give credit where it is due. WMS had the better team Sat. And yes they are very talented.

If I recall the startes came out with 11.8 seconds left he scored 2 points when the subs were in. Get your facts straight before you tell me I know nothing.

Thanks for posting the facts, Crunchtime. I really don't know why 555dog feels the need to try and tear Emmanuel down. It's so unnecessary. The fact is, Emmanuel is a great player with incredible talent, and the fact that Liberty lost the game does not take that away. Sorry, dog, but it just doesn't. No one has bashed any of the WMS players or denied they played great, because they certainly did. That makes me confused as to why 555dog feels the need to keep on with this senseless and uncalled for bashing of Emmanuel Andrews. He certainly doesn't deserve it, just like he didn't deserve what those girls did to him as he was walking off the court.

And live4basketball, as for your apology, it seemed rather backhanded. In response to your comment "If a mother had been there, it wouldn't have happened," well, I sure hope my children treat other human beings with kindness and respect, whether I am around or not! If I misunderstood you, then I am sincerely sorry.

I'm thinking this thread needs to be closed and if 555dog can't stop trashing Emmanuel he/she needs to be banned. Good grief!

Edited by Ready OK

Ok I just had to post again.

There seems to be a bigger problem here. I sounds to me that all the hype the Andrews kid has got, maybe was more than WMS could handle.

He is a great player, probably the best the state of Tennessee has to offer at his age, Instead of bashing kids, why not support these young athletes and hope each student has a great future in whatever they do. Same goes for WMS. Not dawging out any of the WMS kids I came to watch Andrews and his ability.

And after watching his performance and talking to the coaches at Liberty about this guy, the guy was off, had a bad night. Look at all the open shots he missed, the shots he took when someone was hanging all over him. WMS did every thing they could to stop him and he still threw down 27.

27 in a middle school game which only has 24 minutes, and only beat them by 8.

Sounds to me the game should have been a blow out by the comparisions of the post.

Let me finish by saying this. Andrews has a great future if he keeps his nose clean.

The kids from WMS will play highschool basketball and go on to college and play some pickup games. Then fit in america just like the rest of us. When someone as good as Andrews comes around its not that often, we should take the liberty in every human being to respect people and mold our kids to respect not only people but athletes as well.

HE COULD OF PULLED A RON ARTEST ON THAT GIRL.

This is exactly why we didn't have a middle school board before and if it keeps up not in the future.

Crunchtime, you said it best, praise not trash. I was wanting to see some info on the Cleveland girls. Instead I got 6 pages of smack talk.

I saw the Championship game between Cornerstone girls and Burks. Cornerstone has a 6'3" girl who usually dominates in scoring. She was held to 8. I also saw her teammates step up and an awesome pointguard score 28. That's a TEAM!!!! I'm told they're undefeated for the past two seasons.

I also got to see Andrews play twice and yes he is the best as a individual player I've seen for his age. That's a lot of weight to carry for an 8th grader.

Congrats to WMS and everyone else on great seasons!!!

ptguard12 did you see or have any info on the girls games?

Edited by luvhoops

What an intense game today. Both teams are great and props to the Waynesboro boys for having it together today. We're very proud of our Liberty boys -- wow! What a great season!!!

But to see the way those two girls treated Emmanuel when he was walking off the court was absolutely sickening. It was totally uncalled for and just plain wrong. Emmanuel is a great kid and a sensational ballplayer. Everybody likes him and all the little ones really look up to him. He is never too cool to talk to them and always includes them in everything. As a Liberty parent, it really hurt me to see him treated this way. We love our #21 and I, for one, didn't appreciate the way those two girls treated him. It really showed a lack of class as far as I'm concerned. I can't believe their mother didn't put the smackdown on them. Mine wouldn't have been able to walk for a week if they had done such a thing. Unbelievable.

Congrats again to Waynesboro.

Ok I joined this forum because of what I have been reading about the game at the James C. Haile tournament Saturday. To start it all off the Andrews kid is an awesome ball player, but it is hard to win a game when the other team has 5 good players that could step up at any time and score. I also want to add i don't agree with what the two girls did, but maybe they done it 1.) out of immaturity and 2.) out of the way the Andrews kid acted. To be one heck of a player he doesn't have good sportsmanship at all. I watched at the tip off the Dixon kid(#42) try and shake his hand to wish him a good game and he looked at his hand and shook his head no. Then when the final buzzard rang he headed to the locker room instead of congratulating the other team, until the coach told him about the awards. All and all the spectators got their moneys worth. GREAT GAME.

This is exactly why we didn't have a middle school board before and if it keeps up not in the future.

Crunchtime, you said it best, praise not trash. I was wanting to see some info on the Cleveland girls. Instead I got 6 pages of smack talk.

I saw the Championship game between Cornerstone girls and Burks. Cornerstone has a 6'3" girl who usually dominates in scoring. She was held to 8. I also saw her teammates step up and a awesome pointguard score 28. That's a TEAM!!!! I'm told they're undefeated for the past two seasons.

I also got to see Andrews play twice and yes he is the best as a individual player I've seen for his age. That's a lot of weight to carry for an 8th grader.

Congrats to WMS and everyone else on great seasons!!!

ptguard12 did you see or have any info on the girls games?

I certainly wasn't smack talking anyone. That honor goes to 555dog, who has done nothing but slam Emmanuel Andrews. Let me say again what a great team WMS has and what a fabulous game they played. Congrats to them.