Columbia at Harpeth next week

girlpower

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, hold on til after Friday night let us catch our breath we (Columbia) gotta go to Franklin County where it could get nasty before we can figure out how to get to Kingston Springs... BTW How do you get to Kingston Springs... I'm thinking Hwy 7 north to Dickson and take 40 east to (what exit number) and the school is close to the Interstate 40 right?

Im really looking forward to this game b/c this will give our girls a chance, but i do have to say that there needs to be more games like this on their schedule. I look for harpeth to sneak by with a close one no more than 6pt spread.

Give your girls a chance at what ? As for the schedule, remember that the boys coach has a little say in that.

Huge game for Harpeth. This is the game that will give us the first opportunity to compare scores between Harpeth and Westview.

Too much size, I like Columbia by 4.

Give your girls a chance at what ? As for the schedule, remember that the boys coach has a little say in that.

Huge game for Harpeth. This is the game that will give us the first opportunity to compare scores between Harpeth and Westview.

HE is probably talking about giving our girls a challenge! And yes our boys coach does have a say in that, but I think that our girls coach has just a little more(sub state). ANd yes we dont have much size, but look at our post she can put a move on any other post we go against and hold any of them to single digits and that=success. We also got Mandy Mendenhall, Kristi Ensminger, and Salem Richardson at the guard position they score at will and play good defense I bet that they are one of the best trios in AA. I got harpeth by 8.

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

My fault i didnt even finish that (must have been thinking about something else at that time) to give our girls a chance to prove that they are #1 in the midstate, my bad. And for the schedule part im talking about getting into tough tourneys, i would like to see how they compare to bigger schools.

Edited by straightbill307

its exit 188 but besides that speen beats size 9 times out of 10 and im gonna hafta say harpeth wins this one by 10 or less but big game=big crowd the girls will be hyped b/c they will have a student section cheering for them instead of waiting for the boys but straightbill they're AAA they don't care if #1 in the midstate in AA

Well I was comparing schedules, Can't really get too much to compare. I remember the game in Columbia last year. Loved Mendenhall great shooter. Columbia's record is a bit misleading if you are looking at it. We don't get any state wide press cause we're too far from the state wide newspapers to follow us. The district 8AAA is very balanced so we beat up on each other. Harpeth being #1 in the midstate is a great accomplishment but looking at the schedule you've played some good teams but not the best in AA yet but you probably will during the tournament. Columbia isn't ranked, we don't really care. We've played the #2 5A team from Georgia, #3 team USA Today from Delaware, #23 USA Today from California, #2 team 6A from Texas, also so far have split games with some little ole school from Shelbyville Tn. each winning on the other team's home court. Not trying to belittle the situation or Harpeth's team but it will be a war. Very physical. Lots of 3's, Lot's of pressure on both sides. It'll be FUN! Columbia by 15

Edited by limerock

This game should be a great test for both schools, the student section will be crazy, I've heard lots of college scouts to be at this game. Comparisions can also be made between Harpeth and Columbia with the Lawrence County game (Harpeth won-Columbia lost). As for their schedule I cannot say how it is done, but there are quite a few 3A schools on it. Coach T has them listed as the 21st toughest schedule in 2A, and Columbia is 88th in 3A. Harpeth by 7.

This game should be a great test for both schools, the student section will be crazy, I've heard lots of college scouts to be at this game. Comparisions can also be made between Harpeth and Columbia with the Lawrence County game (Harpeth won-Columbia lost). As for their schedule I cannot say how it is done, but there are quite a few 3A schools on it. Coach T has them listed as the 21st toughest schedule in 2A, and Columbia is 88th in 3A. Harpeth by 7.

Beware of comparing the Lawrence Co. game with Columbia, Aliens abducted the entire Columbia Lady Lion team and kept them on the spaceship far from earth that evening. Clones were fabricated but they forgot to install any memory chips for basketball. Therefore no one showed up at all. We were lucky that Nasa was tracking the spaceship and were able to use Star Wars technology and bring the team home and unfortunately the only thing to show for it is the "L" in the record. On second thought go ahead and compare the Lawrence Co. games. I should have kept the story to myself and that Inquirer magazine. More typical games for Columbia are the Shelbyville games (both of them were wars the the teams split) and the other district games with Lincoln and Franklin Co's along with some powerful teams from across the country that we've split with also hence the other losses were close and to national powerhouse teams. The Westview Hall of Fame game we were minus 2 players with injuries and lost by 2. Simple scouting report How bout Harpeth, can you give us a rundown? Thanks looking forward to coming over... got any good food?

Beware of comparing the Lawrence Co. game with Columbia, Aliens abducted the entire Columbia Lady Lion team and kept them on the spaceship far from earth that evening. Clones were fabricated but they forgot to install any memory chips for basketball. Therefore no one showed up at all. We were lucky that Nasa was tracking the spaceship and were able to use Star Wars technology and bring the team home and unfortunately the only thing to show for it is the "L" in the record. On second thought go ahead and compare the Lawrence Co. games. I should have kept the story to myself and that Inquirer magazine. More typical games for Columbia are the Shelbyville games (both of them were wars the the teams split) and the other district games with Lincoln and Franklin Co's along with some powerful teams from across the country that we've split with also hence the other losses were close and to national powerhouse teams. The Westview Hall of Fame game we were minus 2 players with injuries and lost by 2. Simple scouting report How bout Harpeth, can you give us a rundown? Thanks looking forward to coming over... got any good food?

Comparing games is never a good idea, just be assured you are in for a fight and as far as the food??? Eat before you get there. I didn't think they would ever open that food hut and when they did.... , well let's just say it ain't "the grill" :thumb:

Seriously though, don't overlook this bunch at their place. (L's) this late in the season are not good for one's psyche.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!

kw