Loretto 57, Lewis Co. 45 - Leah Stone 14 pts.

PageMan

Loretto.........7...16....22..12.....57

Lewis Co.....10...8......7...20.....45

Loretto Player Stats:

Leah Stone - 14 pts (2 threes), 9 rebs, 1 blk

Jana Cross - 13 pts (1 of 3 FTs), 6 rebs, 2 blks

Jessica Green - 12 pts (1 three, 5 of 6 FTs), 3 rebs, 3 assts

Sara Brewer - 8 pts (2 threes, 2 of 2 FTs), 5 rebs, 2 assts

Dava Dickson - 7 pts (5 of 5 FTs), 3 rebs

Mandy Cross - 2 pts (2 of 2 FTs), 1 reb

Tia Moore - 1 pt (1 of 2 FTs), 1 reb

Nikki Reed - 1 reb, 3 assts

Beth Brown - 2 rebs

Heather Dunkin - 1 reb

Lewis Co. Player Stats:

Micah Anderson - 11 pts (3 threes, 2 of 3 FTs), 5 rebs, 2 assts

Nicole Duncan - 10 pts (2 of 6 FTs), 10 rebs, 7 blks, 1 asst

Taylor McKinney - 9 pts (1 of 2 FTs), 3 rebs

Marisa Bryant - 7 pts (1 three), 4 rebs, 3 assts

Diksie Scott - 4 pts (1 three, 1 of 4 FTs), 5 rebs, 2 assts

C. C. Tibbs - 2 pts (2 of 4 FTs), 5 rebs, 2 assts

Lauren Amacher - 2 pts

Chelsea Beasley - 1 reb

Heather Hudgins - 1 asst

Team Stats:

Free Throws: Loretto 16 of 20 (80%), Lewis Co. 8 of 19 (42.1%)

Rebounds: Loretto 32, Lewis Co. 33

Assists: Loretto 8, Lewis Co. 11

Fouls: Loretto 19, Lewis Co. 19

Turnovers: Loretto 13, Lewis Co. 14

Lewis led at the end of the 1st qtr, 10-7, as both Anderson and Scott hit threes and Duncan added 2 while Loretto's Stone had 5 with a three and J. Cross added 2. In the 2nd qtr, Loretto outscored Lewis, 16-8, as Brewer had 5 with a three and 2 of 2 FTs, Dickson had 5 with 3 of 3 FTs, J. Cross had 4, and Stone had 2 as Loretto led at the half, 23-18. The 3rd qtr was the turning point of the game as Loretto outscored Lewis, 22-7, as Green had 7 with a three, J. Cross had 7 with 1 of 3 FTs, Stone had 5 with a three, and Brewer hit a three while Lewis' McKinney had 4 and Bryant hit a three as Loretto led after 3 qtrs, 45-25. Also in this qtr, Lewis had 9 turnovers while Loretto had none. Loretto only had 3 turnovers through this qtr while Lewis had 14. In the 4th qtr, both benches were cleared during the qtr. as Lewis outscored Loretto, 20-12, as Duncan had 5 with 1 of 2 FTs, Bryant had 4, Anderson hit a three, McKinney had 3 with 1 of 2 FTs, Tibbs hit 2 FTs, Amacher had 2, and Scott hit 1 of 2 FTs, while Loretto's Green hit 5 of 6 FTs, Stone had 2, M. Cross hit 2 FTs, Dickson hit 2 FTs, and Tia Moore hit 1 of 2 FTs as Loretto won 57-45.

Good break down of most everything from what I can tell. Your stats are always appreciated. I have one thing to say, as I usually do...Where do you get "both" benches were cleared? There were girls sitting on Lewis County's bench that never stepped on the floor and if so it was for a VERY SHORT time...Loretto didnt' play a starter the last 3 mins atleast of the game maybe longer, and Duncan, the pt. guard for lewis county, and also micha anderson I don't ever remember leaving the ball game. They were left in to press, foul and play catch up against Loretto's youngsters. Not by any means blaming or blasting you...your from Page, but I was very unimpressed with that out of Lewis County! Congratulations to the Lady Mustangs on moving to 8-0 in district play, and good luck the rest of the way. Congratulations to Nicole Duncan on an OUTSTANDING game tonight!! Keep blockin those shots Necole!! (except against Loretto)...HA HA :angry:

No problem pageman, I meant no disrespect towards you and I didnt necessarily even want to correct it for your benefit but for the "official scorekeeper" at Lewis County I did!! It's all about opinion I guess. Mine is that when your losing by twenty going into the 4th quarter and your beat and the team with the lead decides to take everyone out since the score is 45-25, then the other team should do the obvious and sub as well. But, that's my opinion and you know what is said about opinions. They are like rear ends..everybody's got one and they all stink for the most part...Thanks again on the run down of the game Pageman. Congrats once again to the Lady Mustangs on the district win and good luck the rest of the way!! :thumb:

Pageman, you are the man when it comes to stats. Do you happen to have anything in archives from the Page and Harpeth game (I think you played them) not Harpeth Hall but Harpeth (Kingston Springs)? We (Columbia) play them Tuesday and have nothing much other that verbal reports and they conflict depending on who you talk to and it seems like that district up there has alot of opinions amongst themselves and it is hard to decifer. We are just poor backwoods types trying to learn the game down here. You know....You've been here.

Pageman, you are the man when it comes to stats. Do you happen to have anything in archives from the Page and Harpeth game (I think you played them) not Harpeth Hall but Harpeth (Kingston Springs)? We (Columbia) play them Tuesday and have nothing much other that verbal reports and they conflict depending on who you talk to and it seems like that district up there has alot of opinions amongst themselves and it is hard to decifer. We are just poor backwoods types trying to learn the game down here. You know....You've been here.

Hey banjodr.

We (Lawrence Co.) played them at our place back in Nov.(a loss) They play great defense and have a good program year in and year out. We played them over there last year (another loss) and that was when we were I think at full strength (before Ray's knee injury). The Lamp knows this team well. This will be a tough game for ya, no doubt about that, but take care of district business first.

You are right about different opinions over there, but they all play hard.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!

kw

banjodr:

Page has played Harpeth twice this season - Nov 21 and Jan 7. Both games were posted on the board so you can search for them. Good luck.

OK, I know you wanted more than that. In the 1st game, Page won 56-52 mainly because we had a balanced attack with 3 players in double figures and a 4th with 9. We rebounded well - 34 to 14 and also had more assists - 15-11. They hit 2 threes and we hit 4. Mandy Mendenhall had 24 for Harpeth, but she was the only one in double fiqures. Salem Ricardson had 8 1st half pts and that was all and Kristi Ensminger had 9. Their main problem was lack of rebounds.

At Harpeth on Jan 7, it was a different story as they won 65-43. Salem Richardson had 18 with 2 threes and 12 1st qtr pts. Both Mendenhall and Ensminger scored consistantly and ended up with 12 and 18 respectively. They rebounded better with 27 and their assists were up to 17. We had good play from our post, Spencer, with 19 pts, but didn't get a lot of support. Our turnovers also killed us as we had 29. Ensminger had 14 rebounds and 6 assists

Harpeth is a very quick team and their passing is precise. They run some back door stuff so a team has to be alert. They may not have the height, but they make up for it by being quick to the ball on rebounds. They will be hard to beat.