JC & RBS eighth graders

worden55

yall r jst jealous cuz Laken is betta than Kayci only thing Kayci is good @ b ball is her beeing so tall laken is 5'11 she outplayed Kayci 2 tymes 1 tyme last yr n 1 tyme dis yr b4 she went 2 high sckool!....our sckoo is k-12 jackson countys isnt thats y they wont let her play 4 highsckoo since now ther season is over!...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who haven't seen them, both of these girls are the real deal. It doesn't matter that Laken gets to play this year while Kayci doesn't. That just makes District 7-A a little more interesting. The man who should be upset over this is Lamar Rogers (and maybe the coach at Westmoreland too now that I think about it). Laken playing for RBS jeopardizes Clarkrange's chances of getting back to the Boro. With the Brown girl leaving Clarkrange for Cumberland County and Leonard playing for RBS, it'll be difficult for Clarkrange to get back. I'm just saying that it will be difficult. I'd still pick them over RBS because of tournament experience. Jackson County is going to win the district and will likely roll to the state. Nobody will challenge Jackson County in the substate, whethere JC is at home or on the road. The No. 2 team from District 7-A will have a really good shot at going to the state too. If Laken wasn't playing for RBS, RBS wouldn't beat Clarkrange. Now, those teams seem to be neck and neck. Leonard is a difference maker. She doens't play like an eighth-grader, except for some persistent foul problems. She can shoot the three. She's versatile in the post. She's athletic. She rebounds well. She handles the ball very well for a big girl. She's the real deal. She makes a pretty good RBS team a very good team. She's a go-to player. However, she's not 6-6. It's over once Kayci gets to Jackson County next year. I don't know how anybody can defend her. Middle school girls can't even come close. It's boring to watch...post up with hand held high, throw the lob, catch the lob, dump the 4-foot shot into the basket. With a girl that tall, I don't even see how zones are going to slow her much. You'll still be able to get that pass in to her because she's so much bigger than everybody else on the floor. And she'll take away other teams' inside production too. Every college program in the country will want her. It really wouldn't surprise me to see Jackson County win it all four years she's in high school. Leonard's going to be a great player too. She's somewhat like an Andrea Davidson, but her perimeter game is better than Davidson's was at the age she's at right now. However, by the time she was a senior, Davidson had steadily improved. Her perimeter game had really developed by that time. She made every player around her better. We'll see if Leonard does that, or if Coach White can get her to develop her game into that. That may be the difference in that girl being an NAIA player or an OVC-type of player.

yall r jst jealous cuz Laken is betta than Kayci only thing Kayci is good @ b ball is her beeing so tall laken is 5'11 she outplayed Kayci 2 tymes 1 tyme last yr n 1 tyme dis yr b4 she went 2 high sckool!....our sckoo is k-12 jackson countys isnt thats y they wont let her play 4 highsckoo since now ther season is over!...

Can you please type in English so we can understand what you're saying. :lol:

Both girls are good but Kayci does not dominate in AAU ,at least not in years past.I don't see this rule as being unfair.If the kid is in the same school she can play if the kid is not being schooled in the same building she can't.Just because a school is close by or has a similar name but not the actual same school doesn't make the player eligible.Sounds fair to me. :lol:

Please don't speak...your only hurting yourself as well as everyone that else that has to read your posts...I've saw them play against each other as well and even with Laken on that team RBS still traveled to JC and got it handed to them, but on the flip side RBS beat JC at home...They're both extremely good posts...and as far as dominating that girl from JC this year, I was at that game and both girls had a great night...

Here's the deal for all of you that don't agree with Laken being brought up...She wasn't forced to be brought up; nothing was done against her will...RBS brings there softball and baseball players up to play and noone says anything about that...Matt Heady and Chris McCaleb both started as 8th graders and noone said a thing, but Laken is brought up for basketball and it's all of a sudden not fair...I disagree with it...Laken is an excellent ball player, but the other players on that team are good in there own right, but like what was said...Laken is the difference maker...Now RBS is a k-12 school and 8th graders are allowed to play at the highschool level, and if the player isn't forced up...then in my eyes no matter what team it is, it's ok...