Sullivan South at Sullivan Central

brock20

If you haven't heard about the game here is the article:

Central vs. South

Probably the most exciting game I have seen this year. Hate that Central was on the losing end but when a game is that good you don't leave feeling as bad. Two years ago Central won a game like this on a last second half-court shot by Joe Brown.

This has been a great year to watch basketball in the Big 9 conference. Even when teams play againist the last place team (Sullivan East) they can't let up.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad thing you can say about this game,both teams played their butts off,and both teams deserved to win.The reffing wasn't bad,so no one can use that as an excuse because it definately came down to the teams and that was one of the best 4th quarters I've seen in a while.I'll rate the Central-Alcoa game the best HS game I've ever seen but this is a very close second.That was the shot of Crowe's life and I can only hope these teams can meet again.Best of luck to both teams throughout the year. :rolleyes:

I agree this was one of the best high school games ive seen. both teams played with great intensity and the game had a championship like atmosphere. souths big men were the difference but give the smaller central squad credit for battling the whole game and never letting south run away with it. i wish the best of luck to both teams in the upcoming post season. :D

Edited by toto ut

Great high school basketball game! The Dickie Warren dome was rockin last night! Both teams played with a lot of heart and desire. In the last 30 years of following Cougar basketball I've come away from losses feeling really dissapointed , but not this time. It took a super effort plus a half-court shot at the end to beat us. I really like this Cougar team heading into the tournments. Best of luck guys down the streach.

I agree.... One of the best games I've seen all year. South is tough with their

big guys and probably wont lose another conference game. Central also is sitting very good right now and barring no upsets could easily win out and finish 2 or 3 in the conference. Tournament time in the BIG 9 is going to be crazy!!!!!

WOW WHAT A GAME. Tough loss but a very well played game. Wish they would've counted Buchanan's shot before the end of the 1st half though. Great job both teams.

I hate to say it but...

The refs weren't exactly the the best last night either. I think this loss may be great motivation for the Cougars through the rest of the season.

Props to the Crowe kid though, was an awesome shot!

GO COUGARS!!!! :thumb:

WOW WHAT A GAME. Tough loss but a very well played game. Wish they would've counted Buchanan's shot before the end of the 1st half though. Great job both teams.

I hate to say it but...

The refs weren't exactly the the best last night either. I think this loss may be great motivation for the Cougars through the rest of the season.

Props to the Crowe kid though, was an awesome shot!

GO COUGARS!!!! :thumb:

I was at the game the other night, and I wondered when the crying would start.

I figured someone would come on here and blame it on the refs. This was one of the greatest high school games in this area in a long time. The refs let those guys play. They called an even game on both ends. What more can you ask for? Ron Woods could have blown his whistle on that last second shot by Crowe, because Crowe got hammered...hammered into the court on the sidelines By Mr. Dinkle I believe. See Woods is smarter than that, he would not call that foul and affect the outcome of the game. He would have let it go into overtime.

As for Buchanan's shot from the opposite foul line with 1/10 of a second left before the half....if you knew anything at all about basketball, you would know that the only way a shot can count with 1/10th of a second left on the clock is if the shot is a tip in.....there's no way you can catch and shoot with 1/10th of a second left.

Like I said, this was a great game...great coaching on both sides, and both teams played their hearts out......it was called fairly on both ends.

I figured someone would come on here and blame it on the refs. This was one of the greatest high school games in this area in a long time. The refs let those guys play. They called an even game on both ends. What more can you ask for? Ron Woods could have blown his whistle on that last second shot by Crowe, because Crowe got hammered...hammered into the court on the sidelines By Mr. Dinkle I believe. See Woods is smarter than that, he would not call that foul and affect the outcome of the game. He would have let it go into overtime.

As for Buchanan's shot from the opposite foul line with 1/10 of a second left before the half....if you knew anything at all about basketball, you would know that the only way a shot can count with 1/10th of a second left on the clock is if the shot is a tip in.....there's no way you can catch and shoot with 1/10th of a second left.

Like I said, this was a great game...great coaching on both sides, and both teams played their hearts out......it was called fairly on both ends.

There should have been more time on the clock for Gabe's shot. Mr. Dinkle wasn't even near Crowe when he shot the ball. McCoy took a perfect charge. If I was on the other team I would want a no-call if the shot went in. But if there is contact there should be a call. But I'm not complaining, I enjoyed the game. Hopefully there is a rematch.

There should have been more time on the clock for Gabe's shot. Mr. Dinkle wasn't even near Crowe when he shot the ball. McCoy took a perfect charge. If I was on the other team I would want a no-call if the shot went in. But if there is contact there should be a call. But I'm not complaining, I enjoyed the game. Hopefully there is a rematch.

Sounds to me like you're complaining.

First off...I am not on the other team. I am a basketball fan who likes to watch 2 quality teams go at it.

Can you explain why you think there should have been more time on the clock for Buchanan's shot? This game was at Central, and Central supplied the clock keeper, right? I was sitting, looking straight on at the final play, at the end of the court..in other words the play was coming straight at me....and who ever it was that fouled Crowe at the end...never ever even tried to get their body in front of Crowe. The person hit Crowe and forced him to the sideline. Crowe threw a Hail Mary up and it went in. Like I said, Ronnie Woods is smart enough to know that when a game is tied in regulation and a last second shot is taken it is better to make a no call, than to make a call and have the game decided with no time on the clock......if you don't believe me ask DB fans last year when they played South, ask South fans this year when they played DB, ask East fans when they played Science Hill....

This was a great game...maybe the best game in Notheast Tennessee this year...you should be humble when you lose and you should be humble when you win.

Sounds to me like you're complaining.

First off...I am not on the other team. I am a basketball fan who likes to watch 2 quality teams go at it.

Can you explain why you think there should have been more time on the clock for Buchanan's shot? This game was at Central, and Central supplied the clock keeper, right? I was sitting, looking straight on at the final play, at the end of the court..in other words the play was coming straight at me....and who ever it was that fouled Crowe at the end...never ever even tried to get their body in front of Crowe. The person hit Crowe and forced him to the sideline. Crowe threw a Hail Mary up and it went in. Like I said, Ronnie Woods is smart enough to know that when a game is tied in regulation and a last second shot is taken it is better to make a no call, than to make a call and have the game decided with no time on the clock......if you don't believe me ask DB fans last year when they played South, ask South fans this year when they played DB, ask East fans when they played Science Hill....

This was a great game...maybe the best game in Notheast Tennessee this year...you should be humble when you lose and you should be humble when you win.

That is the 2nd time you have mentioned the refs name. Are we supposed to be impressed that you know it?

The thing with Gabe's shot was that with .1 on the clock all he could do was tip the ball, which he didn't so they made the right call. What WAS wrong about that play was that during the play before the refs didn't blow their whistle as soon as the ball went out of bounds, they blew it late hoping it would end the quarter. That is why there should have been more time on the clock.

Central lost this game because they didn't get going early and let Ashworth shoot too close to the basket.

Well buddy, I don't care if you think it's crying or not, but the refs DID have some terrible calls that night. I don't care what anyone says. South definately outplayed us defensively there for awhile and that really set us back. South is a great basketball team and I'm not saying Central should've won because both teams played awesome and Crowe had a lucky shot. :lol: I hope it's ammunition for Central through the rest of the season and tournaments. ;)

That is the 2nd time you have mentioned the refs name. Are we supposed to be impressed that you know it?

The thing with Gabe's shot was that with .1 on the clock all he could do was tip the ball, which he didn't so they made the right call. What WAS wrong about that play was that during the play before the refs didn't blow their whistle as soon as the ball went out of bounds, they blew it late hoping it would end the quarter. That is why there should have been more time on the clock.

Central lost this game because they didn't get going early and let Ashworth shoot too close to the basket.

No, not trying to impress you, but you ain't impressing me either. :thumb: Woods is a good ref, heck the whole crew did a great job that night. I call them like I see them. If you wanted to see bad refs, you should have been there for the JV game.....they stunk both ways......

My whole point was this....lets not put down or talk down about a great game between these 2 good ball clubs...that was by far the best game I have seen all year....

you are right about one thing....Central lost the game....I don't agree with you about why they lost......Ashworth and Hauldren were going to get their points anyway..The key to South winning was keeping Central from shooting the 3 ball...Buchanan killed South at South cause Hauldren could not keep him from shooting the three. This time hauldren played better defense, and Compton roughed Gabe up enough to keep him frustrated.