Mitchell vs Bolivar

mas1821

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VolunteerGen

I was there siiting behind our bench with the red and cream sweater. I lhave learned this year that when players are out, others must step up. We have 5 games this year missing two starters, we make no excuses. Yes WC was out but the 4 fouls altered TY game. We also played without two of our top reserves. Speaking of fouls in the 1st half, Bolivar was shooting the double and were only called for 5 fouls.

Bolivar is a good team and from the posts on this board we are not in their league and need to cancel our season. I know we are disliked, but this is crazy.

#25 is Jarvis Jones a soph. We played without our 6-5 Soph Lewis Mccaster who was suspended for not attending class.

no I think the officiating got in their heads after the technical was called because their play was sloping untill kemp took the game over

Not sure what you are saying or how that applied to my post. I was just saying that the refs were calling the game that fit the style for Mitchell. If they play again and the crew calls it a bit more closely it will hurt Mitchell. Either way if Bolivar is full strength I think they win.

If I'm not mistaken some fans and I noticed this score change twice and between the two it added up to 3pts. First I think we were up 4pts. and there was a stop to the game that score change put us up by 2 and then again they turn right around and added 1pt to Mitchell. And I was not the only person that saw that . Mitchell is a good team and I wish them the best the rest of the season but Wayne had THAD on lock in the early Part of the game and 6'2" Kemp didn't do to bad on him. Rhodes keep up the improvement and good play we will see what is at the end of the tunnel for the 2 time state champs. But in my honest opinion it is amazing what a TECH will do to a game. And a bad call that should have been a jump ball instead goes into a foul that put THAD at the line. I thought there was only 5 fouls in high school ball and 3 steps is a travel. Thorton traveled 95% of the times he touched the ball. Oh one more thing how they stop play after MITCHELL missed a shot and their man goes down we rebound and start the push ref blows for a timeout. I have seen alot of things called in games. And two of the worst comes from when BOLIVAR played a team from MEMPHIS. (HAMILTON AT THE FEDEX AND MITCHELL IN CASHVILLE) There is a forest fire that is about to start in B-TOWN so be aware and to the ones that may get burnt all I can say you got in its path

Yeah Bizzie...I have the same feeling. Kinda feel like our players are getting a little sick of this mess-they've tried to do right. Now(my opinion) some other coaches and it seems like the refs too at times, are acting crazy! So we might as well just hit it FULL BORE! Whatever's gonna happen wil occur anyway.

Those calls? I don't blame Mitchell for being glad of EVERY call they got...but I bet even THEY feel that most of those calls were waaaayyyy off the wall. They let 'em play? Well...I'll just say OK and leave it at that. Time to move on anyway.

Even if we lose some more at least we'lll win the the ones we play against Galilee's club. Since they're gonna quit on us! Yeah right.

Galilee, if you ONLY knew how off that is about the players/staff thinking BCHS is "almighty" or whatever. But we'll take 'em if you just want to give them out to us! :thumb:

VolunteerGen

I was there siiting behind our bench with the red and cream sweater. I lhave learned this year that when players are out, others must step up. We have 5 games this year missing two starters, we make no excuses. Yes WC was out but the 4 fouls altered TY game. We also played without two of our top reserves. Speaking of fouls in the 1st half, Bolivar was shooting the double and were only called for 5 fouls.

Bolivar is a good team and from the posts on this board we are not in their league and need to cancel our season. I know we are disliked, but this is crazy.

#25 is Jarvis Jones a soph. We played without our 6-5 Soph Lewis Mccaster who was suspended for not attending class.

Galilee..I`m not putting down Mitchell at all. Please don`t take it that way. I`m just making observations from what I observed. It was the first time i saw either team play this year. I`m not making excuses for bolivar nor did I know you had 2 key reserves out. Thad didn`t pick up his 4th foul until late in the game.

I did see a whole lot of reach in fouls that were not called. That was both ways btw. But that was to Mitchells advantage because they plated so agressively especially early on. Lots of "over the backs" on rebounds that weren`t called as well. Again that was both ways. I`m just saying a closer called game would have hurt Mitchell more because they were the more agressive team.BTW....the refs in the second game did call it a bit more closer imo.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825916930' date='Jan 29 2006 - 08:02 PM']

Galilee..I`m not putting down Mitchell at all.

Me either. You know it. I'm just messing w/ you man. But don't go off on how BCHS thinks we're all high and mighty. What they are is ready right now. As they should be. (And scary to watch at times!!!)

Still worry 'bout Chism's leg though. Ah, he'll prob be OK. If it were Nov. you might sit him more...but if he can go at all and Rick think's he's able...well-he'll be there. If he's not-it's time for Willie to get w/ all the others and go get it. And he sure can lead 'em.

Galilee: "25 is Jarvis Jones a soph. We played without our 6-5 Soph Lewis Mccaster who was suspended for not attending class."

Mainly posted to say that I didn't know Jones was a sophmore!!! (Like I've said---still learning myself!)

And to compliment you on your discipline there. If the young man WAS cutting class...then at least ya'll put the rules in place...as it should be for anyone.

Edited by firefulmer

Sounds to me like the Bolivar fans are complaining about bad officiating and an injury in last night's game. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but injuries are a major part of athletics. If you think that the possibility of Wayne Chism getting hurt during the state tourney is unlikely then you need to get your heads examined.

The better team on Saturday January 28, 2006 won the game last night and that team was Mitchell. Yes Willie did take over late but had his team played well earlier they'd have won the game. Taking over late means nothing when you are trailing big to a team with two major D-I signees on the floor.

Does that mean that Mitchell is the better team overall????? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I for one believe that if both teams do play straight up injury free basketball that Bolivar is 10-points better than Mitchell. That is just my opinion though which means about as much on here as some of the posts about officiating. I hope that we find out who is better in Murfreesboro but the undeniable fact that you all can't argue about is that yesterday in Nashville Mitchell was better than Bolivar. NO EXCUSES NEEDED!!!!!

Cheatam you worry about the subs until then you have nothing for us here. OR then

Guest dare_2_dream

the t on bolivar head coach was a horrible call by the refs they let mitchell head coach get a way with delaying the game for 15 minutes and he kept arging at the scores table till half time

it was great game played by both teams

that arguement was a shame. i had time to go to the concession stand, in which there was a nice line and it took me about 15-20 mins and I still DIDNT miss a play.

The role players on Bolivar need to step up ( 21, 30,20, and Rhodes)... If they play good D like they did in the final minutes of the Mitchell game then that would put them over the top. I can uderstand them being a little nervous though. Hopefully playing all these big games will prepare them for the post season. They can't always rely on Chism and Willie.

I'm just glad I will be able to see these guys play in the district and regional...BTW...I know the District is gonna be played @ Chester County but where is the regionals gonna be held???

Oh yea...I fell in love with Belmont's gym...I wouldn't mind playing there

Edited by jmill703