Baylor team compare to past great teams!

keefjams

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This McCallie team is good, but I don't think any team can compare to the teams McCallie produced in the early 90's. 1991 was probably the best team McCallie, or any school for that matter, has ever seen. But 119wrestler, let's not jump the gun. That's a little snooty and smart alek... haha however you spell that word!

yea maybe ya'll should think about making a thread like this until after they won state...because if they are going to be classified as one of the great baylor teams they needed to win state especially since baylore has won state so many times. hats to mccallie and all the hard work they put in this year, it sure paid off.

This McCallie team is good, but I don't think any team can compare to the teams McCallie produced in the early 90's. 1991 was probably the best team McCallie, or any school for that matter, has ever seen. But 119wrestler, let's not jump the gun. That's a little snooty and smart alek... haha however you spell that word!

i said that not to be mean or anything i dont think they compare with alot of teams recently, i just think it was really dumb to start this topic without even seeing the outcome of the state duals, kinda like what espn did with usc and usc got beat also

As for past great team I think the Hixson High 1973 teams may have been one of the best I ever saw......and I was 12! Lets see..I think it had Randy Batten, Dean and Gary Smith, Stan and Marvin Walden, Tracy Cook, Dennis Donovan, Wayne Bratcher, Stan Eller, Steve Griffith, and Danny Emery. I know I may have missed some or mixed some years, but that 1973 state championship team put several wrestlers at UTC. Gordon Connell coached this bunch too.

As for past great team I think the Hixson High 1973 teams may have been one of the best I ever saw......and I was 12! Lets see..I think it had Randy Batten, Dean and Gary Smith, Stan and Marvin Walden, Tracy Cook, Dennis Donovan, Wayne Bratcher, Stan Eller, Steve Griffith, and Danny Emery. I know I may have missed some or mixed some years, but that 1973 state championship team put several wrestlers at UTC. Gordon Connell coached this bunch too.

Good memory, Ross. Jim Morgan sure appreciated what came out of Hixson. Don't forget OW Award to Tom Pop, which Randy B. was also able to earn.

Remember the feeder Hixson had? What was it coach Parker (who never wrestled) had in Chattanooga, 200 wins and Zero losses and we would have Baylor come wrestle us in front of the school and we would take all but a couple of weight classes? Each weight class had about 25 wrestlers deep? Those were the days!!!