3. Bolivar Central 21-8

4. Haywood County 21-3

5. Unicoi County 22-2

6. Austin-East 19-3

7. Mitchell (1) 19-5

8. Sycamore 18-2

9. Knoxville Catholic 16-3

10. South Greene 18-5

That poll means nothing. I look at it like this if you play more games you have more chances to lose more for example BOLIVAR is at 30 games as of right know. Haywood and Mitchell is right up there. And also look at the loses also from all of the teams that have them come from top quality teams. Not trying to put one team above the other because from the EAST clean to the WEST they all will have to bring it come BORO' time

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that the East Tennessee teams get no respect from the rest of the state. I can't speak for McMinn Central or Unicoi County (Sycamore is actually a Middle Tennessee team) but, Austin-East is for real. We play in one of the toughest districts in East Tennessee (it includes perennial state tournament teams Fulton and Alcoa). Year in and year out we play a tough non-conference schedule which includes a trip to a highly competitive holiday tournament (this year we went to the Dyersburg tournament and last year we went to the Poplar Bluff, MO tournament and played against the host school, Poplar Bluff High School, and their star player, Tyler Hansborough, who is now a standout player at UNC). This year at the Dyersburg tournament we played Liberty(in the semi-finals), one of the teams that is being picked to possibly win it all, and lost by two points. We should have won the game but we missed more than enough free throws to win. Bolivar has beaten Liberty by only 4 and 1 point respectively in each of the two games they have played so far. Seems to me that these three teams (Austin-East, Liberty, and Bolivar) are very close to each other in terms of their talent level.

Bolivar, Liberty, and Mitchell all have excellent programs but, to say that Austin-East doesn't play the same caliber competition, doesn't have as much talent, and isn't good enough to make it to the state and have any chance at beating these teams is a bit much.

Austin-East is continuing to improve every game and will be very dangerous come tournament time. I think they are the sleeper in AA. If you continue to underestimate them they are going to shock you come March!!!

Go Roadrunners !!!

Its not that East Tennessee doesnt get any respect, its just that a lot of us saw the Sullivan Central vs Bolivar game at state last year. 1 team doesnt define a whole region but they where 25-11 going into that game and I beleive they beat Unicoi to get there.

We just see these West Tenn teams daily and they are going to be hard to beat. Bolivar, Liberty, Haywood, and Mitchell are the 4 best AA teams in the state, just look at the schedule. They play the hardest schedules in the state, come tournament time they are batlle tested and ready. Who else in the top 10 schedules BA. Or for that matter who schedules Bolivar, Liberty, Haywood or Mitchell in that top 10. Sure Bolivar and Liberty have to play, but they schedule a power house like Haywood because they know what they will face in crunch time.

No disrespect to any of the teams listed, but this is just a bad year to have a good team in AA, because those 4 have great teams. Any other year who knows, but its loaded this year, and if you think Bolivar will have a let down game and somebody will slip up on them and beat them, you better hope Willie Kemp stays on the bus. The kids refuses to lose, all the stars mentioned are great, but that mentality of Kemp is hard to match, he can flat out take over, and will if need be.

Its not that East Tennessee doesnt get any respect, its just that a lot of us saw the Sullivan Central vs Bolivar game at state last year. 1 team doesnt define a whole region but they where 25-11 going into that game and I beleive they beat Unicoi to get there.

We just see these West Tenn teams daily and they are going to be hard to beat. Bolivar, Liberty, Haywood, and Mitchell are the 4 best AA teams in the state, just look at the schedule. They play the hardest schedules in the state, come tournament time they are batlle tested and ready. Who else in the top 10 schedules BA. Or for that matter who schedules Bolivar, Liberty, Haywood or Mitchell in that top 10. Sure Bolivar and Liberty have to play, but they schedule a power house like Haywood because they know what they will face in crunch time.

No disrespect to any of the teams listed, but this is just a bad year to have a good team in AA, because those 4 have great teams. Any other year who knows, but its loaded this year, and if you think Bolivar will have a let down game and somebody will slip up on them and beat them, you better hope Willie Kemp stays on the bus. The kids refuses to lose, all the stars mentioned are great, but that mentality of Kemp is hard to match, he can flat out take over, and will if need be.

You are forgetting that Austin East came west during the holidays and really should have beat Liberty. They missed some big free throws and lost a close game. They are definately on Liberty's level. I don't know about Bolivar or Mitchell.

You are forgetting that Austin East came west during the holidays and really should have beat Liberty. They missed some big free throws and lost a close game. They are definately on Liberty's level. I don't know about Bolivar or Mitchell.

Actually that game shouldn't have been as close as it was. Liberty had a pretty good lead and let Austin East get back in the game. What was the score 69-67? Believe me, they didn't play their best game against Austin East. Austin East is good but honestly I'm not the only one that thinks Liberty, Bolivar, Mitchel, and Haywood are better teams. We can only speculate right now, but I feel very confident in saying that the AA gold ball will remain in the west this year.

Sycamore should be state contender if everybody is healthy. ;)

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!! I needed a good laugh. Sycamore has a good team. But they won't even make it out of the region. They're not near as good as the Waverly team last year and they played Bolivar toe to toe.

But Sycamore will NOT make it out of region and may not win the District. Harpeth is really coming on.

I don't know which poll you're lookin at...

Probably because they play the #1 toughest schedule in AA...and the fact that they are back-back defending state champs...

Central is good, and Beau is good, but they will have to play the game of their lives to beat Bolivar, Mitchell, or Liberty...Haywood actually doesn't worry me all that much...

I tried to let this one pass but I just couldnt. I dont see how anyone could say that Haywood doesnt worry them that much. I dont think Liberty or Bolivar could even say that and these are the only two teams that Haywood has lost to this year. First I have a question BluNWhite who is your team and you must be from Middle or East Tennessee to make a statement such as this. No disrespect to Middle and East Tennessee teams but West Tennessee is just where it is for AA basketball right now. Where else in the state do you hear of the names we see on a nightly basis such as: Kemp, Young, Powell, Evans, Chism just to name a few. Haywood has played each of these people and more. Last year we had to go through Mitchell just to make it to state. This was and is a team that most people say is the most talented in the state and we shot them out the gym. BUT HAYWOOD DOESNT WORRY YOU!!!! THINK ABOUT IT AND GET BACK AT ME BLUNWHITE!!!

I tried to let this one pass but I just couldnt. I dont see how anyone could say that Haywood doesnt worry them that much. I dont think Liberty or Bolivar could even say that and these are the only two teams that Haywood has lost to this year. First I have a question BluNWhite who is your team and you must be from Middle or East Tennessee to make a statement such as this. No disrespect to Middle and East Tennessee teams but West Tennessee is just where it is for AA basketball right now. Where else in the state do you hear of the names we see on a nightly basis such as: Kemp, Young, Powell, Evans, Chism just to name a few. Haywood has played each of these people and more. Last year we had to go through Mitchell just to make it to state. This was and is a team that most people say is the most talented in the state and we shot them out the gym. BUT HAYWOOD DOESNT WORRY YOU!!!! THINK ABOUT IT AND GET BACK AT ME BLUNWHITE!!!

Yep, Haywood may very well put Mitchell out again.

Edited by jndfan