Kevin Smithson of Temple

HoopsterPlaya

Didnt Broyde Croyle(Alabama) play at a really small christian school? I could be wrong....but if thats true then there is a case where a kid from a small school can play the game of football. If you can play, then you can play. It doesnt matter if its against Trousdale or Oakdale. The quarterbacks job is to put points on the board...and i think Smithson did a pretty good job of that.

All Kevin can do is play football. Kevin doesnt make up the schedule and he doesnt decide what class Temple football is in. All Kevin did was strap it up, and put the ball in the hands of people who scored points.

And one more thing....there is a reason why Volfromchatt isnt a football coach. Its because he has ISH for brains and doesnt know his head from his butt. His spelling can attest for that. Good luck to Kevin...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "if you can play, you can play" claim is simply not true. You have to look at the skill level and mainly THE SPEED OF THE GAME. This is what he wont be ready for at the next level. And yes, you are correct about Croyle, but my point is that there are pleanty of success storys and even more that didnt turn out that way. I would never wish ill will on a kid, and I hope he does very well, but I wont be suprised if he doesnt do well. The numbers can often times lie about a kid playing this level of athletes week in and week out. The only reason no one has my back on this is b/c none of the big school fans are looking at this thread b/c they dont care about TEMPLE FOOTBALL

This "if you can play, you can play" claim is simply not true. You have to look at the skill level and mainly THE SPEED OF THE GAME. This is what he wont be ready for at the next level. And yes, you are correct about Croyle, but my point is that there are pleanty of success storys and even more that didnt turn out that way. I would never wish ill will on a kid, and I hope he does very well, but I wont be suprised if he doesnt do well. The numbers can often times lie about a kid playing this level of athletes week in and week out. The only reason no one has my back on this is b/c none of the big school fans are looking at this thread b/c they dont care about TEMPLE FOOTBALL

Why do you think Charleston Southern, a 1-AA team with a winning record, would have signed him if they don't think he can play? For your last sentence, again that basically proves you care about nothing but the larger schools-like you have already implied. Why are you even writing about a 1A school if the class is pathetic as you believe? As for the speed difference, it's a big jump for 5A to college, not just 1A to college. There are busts from all levels, the biggest I can recall in the last few years was from Bradley Central. The papers were complaining why SEC schools didn't sign him after he signed with MTSU, he couldn't make it there, and couldn't make it after moving down to 1-AA UTC. Usually coaches know who can play and who can't, they can't always sign the ones they wish they could and often have to settle for a less talented player on their list of prospects. They certainly can't control who continues to work hard to improve, who will flunk, who will be thrown off track by the distractions in college. If it was all as simple as "this team has better prospects" or "this team will lose because their players are from small schools" there would be no reason for the games to be played.

Thanks about the info on Kevin Smithson. Charleston Southern is a good school and in a beautiful city. Good luck to Kevin.

C. Gaston FB South Carolina Football

K. Burke LB & TE Vanderbilt Baseball was drafted by San Diego 1st round 35th pick overall.

B. McDade LB & TE MTSU Baseball

H. Hydas CB Lee Baseball

Z. Woods QB Walter State Baseball

M. Hill OL Football

D. Caldwell Football (grades pending)

For any others go to Ooltewahfootball.com and email the webmaster he will know where the other standouts are going.

K. Burke LB & TE Vanderbilt Baseball was drafted by San Diego 1st round 35th pick overall.

H. Hydas CB Lee Baseball

M. Hill OL Football

For any others go to Ooltewahfootball.com and email the webmaster he will know where the other standouts are going.

What does this have to do with Kevin Smithson??

H. Hydas CB Lee Baseball

M. Hill OL Football

Congrats! A good group of athletes

What does this have to do with Kevin Smithson??

Because I asked the person from Ooltewah, who doesn't think good athletes can be found in small schools, how many football signees there have been from Ooltewah this year other than the player from Cleveland (via Georgia) who was there a few months. I'd barely count him as an Ooltewah graduate, didn't he leave at the Christmas break and move on to South Carolina? Who is Hill, where did he sign? The others are all good athletes, obviously, but they don't have anything to do with football signings.

Edited by Indian

Smithson may have the numbers that make him seem like a good QB but they mean very little in 1A football when two players can dominate against a team that only has 18 players.

Let's see . . . I believe Temple only has like 18 players and most of the teams they play have at least twice as many players or more. Smithson had the numbers and is a good QB. I believe he will do well at Charleston Southern.

Smithson may have the numbers that make him seem like a good QB but they mean very little in 1A football when two players can dominate against a team that only has 18 players.

RedRaider are you from Baylor? If you are, I would not be ripping on any other team's prospect if my team's All-American couldn't even finish his senior year. Plus you had around 8 junior and senior 1-A and 1-AA players (2 to Tennessee) and still couldn't win big.