Goodpasture @ Greenbrier

catsbball1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, this game coulda gone either way, it was close the whole time but Goodpasture pulled out the win 68-62. I know there might be some people saying it was bad refereeing or whatever but that went both ways. It was just a very, very physical game and some things came close to getting out of hand. These two teams will more than likely meet up again later in the season at some point and I hope it's just as good a game as tonights was, just without the attitudes and arguing. Maybe the tensions will calm down between these two teams by the time they meet again. With that said, Greenbrier could have won this game, they were in it all the way, but GP did a good job holding on in the end when GB hit some shots. Good game by Zach Frey and CJ Davis for GP, and Lance Adams for GB. Hope that head gets better Lance. :thumb:

How did Logan Greer play? He mustve had a good night cause otherwise I thought this would get ugly. The mixture of Adams and Greer downlow mustve done something. Buchanan didnt have many points so they mustve cut out his cherry picking baskets that he gets while the rest of his team works hard to box out. Sounds like a good game and good job to both teams.

Honestly, Greer didn't seem to play that great to me, at least not in the first half. He had a very quiet 18 points (16 in the second half). Adams was dominating early on but went down with a head injury in the first quarter and didn't play the same the rest of the game, possibly a concussuion. Some good passes by Jay Spurlock got Adams and Greer some early baskets. The defense by Adams and Greer down low wasn't bad but Frey wasn't missing much of anything. This team is very beatable, you just have to play good the whole game. The second quarter is what hurt GB. Buchanon got into early foul trouble, but also never got into a good flow because of good defense by Ty Lynch, and good help defense by the rest of the team early on not giving GP very many scoring chances. Hopefully these two teams will meet again in the tournaments and GB will be able to get a little revenge :thumb:

Edited by catsbball1

Buchanan is in a good place. He is lucky to be on a good team. He only gets trash points because everyone focuses on Davis and Frey. He also is about 6'3 but they list him at 6'5". Yeah right. Davis is a playa period. Frey is also good but not as effective w/o Davis creating off the dribble . Buchanan is a lucky dude to play with them both. He draws the third best defender every night. Without Davis, Frey and Buchanan are very average. They ought to take Davis out to dinner sometime because he makes them what they are.

Wow, you guys at Station Camp must stink then since you gave up 20 points to a "cherry picker". If he doesn't block out like you say and still gets 20 on you then your whole TEAM must not block out either. Oh yeah, that no talent Frey dropped 30 on you in the same game. Wake up boy. They all compliment each other. Davis would not get his points without having Frey as an inside threat as well. Sure, he could force up more shots. He just wouldn't get the open looks he is getting now. Don't be jealous. Work harder.

How did Logan Greer play? He mustve had a good night cause otherwise I thought this would get ugly. The mixture of Adams and Greer downlow mustve done something. Buchanan didnt have many points so they mustve cut out his cherry picking baskets that he gets while the rest of his team works hard to box out. Sounds like a good game and good job to both teams.

Chris is a good player. Fouls and a quick yank by the coach hurt him, but he'll be back. He's a good high school player that has plenty of upside to play somewhere at the next level. Cherry picking...PLEEZE! Give yourself a break.

Buchanan is in a good place. He is lucky to be on a good team. He only gets trash points because everyone focuses on Davis and Frey. He also is about 6'3 but they list him at 6'5". Yeah right. Davis is a playa period. Frey is also good but not as effective w/o Davis creating off the dribble . Buchanan is a lucky dude to play with them both. He draws the third best defender every night. Without Davis, Frey and Buchanan are very average. They ought to take Davis out to dinner sometime because he makes them what they are.

You sound like a man with a paper...well, I'll leave it at that. Frey rose to the occasion. Davis got beat up with NO protection from the refs (even got his legs cut out from under him by a bench-warming senior that can't play a lick), but still played well in spurts. Like I said before, Buchanan is good. You're just jealous of what he's done before now. I believe he's got a lot left. We'll see. Role players did a good job and the free throw shooting was almost perfect.

Wow, you guys at Station Camp must stink then since you gave up 20 points to a "cherry picker". If he doesn't block out like you say and still gets 20 on you then your whole TEAM must not block out either. Oh yeah, that no talent Frey dropped 30 on you in the same game. Wake up boy. They all compliment each other. Davis would not get his points without having Frey as an inside threat as well. Sure, he could force up more shots. He just wouldn't get the open looks he is getting now. Don't be jealous. Work harder.

You're EXACTLY right! Larry Bird was a cherry picker, an in-your-eye shooter and a hustler. So is Steve Nash. Nothing wrong with that. Made a nice living doing it, too. Some people just have a knack. The ones that don't get on CoachT and whine!

I really enjoyed the game! Was disappointed in some things that happened with fans, such as the boy that threw the ball on the court when Greenbrier was driving and things being yelled that I feel is totally uncalled for regardless of who is yelling it. But the game itself was great. As I keep saying, Greenbrier is right there, so very close! I think everyone did a great job. And I thought Logan played well, the words "not great" would have never entered my mind.

Go Bobcats!

You sound like a man with a paper...well, I'll leave it at that. Frey rose to the occasion. Davis got beat up with NO protection from the refs (even got his legs cut out from under him by a bench-warming senior that can't play a lick), but still played well in spurts.

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY UNCALLED FOR. I know who you are and I know you don't like Greenbrier but the name-calling is unecessary. I guess the reason you couldn't stay at GB when you were a freshman was because you were a bench warmer too, but that's beside the point. Like I said before it was a physical game and the refs let them play. I agree, it wasn't a nice foul, but sometimes things like that happen. He didn't let him hit the shot, which is a good thing b/c CJ doesn't miss much. I'm sorry CJ got hurt, but it's a contact sport, and injuries happen. Personally, I would have agreed if they had called an intentional foul on that play but they didn't and the other times during the game, CJ just got fouled by GB players that were going hard, nothing the refs should have to protect him from, it's part of the game. If you noticed, some GB players got hurt in this game too and you don't hear them complaining about the refs not protecting them. It was just a physical game, no harm intended.