Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

All 4 are elite players.... Ask yourself this, if you had 7 seconds left in thre 4th and you was down by 2, who would you want the ball in the hands of? If you said anybody besides Kemp, you need to watch Bolivar play more. Thats an elite player.

PrepFanatic, If BA fans see your post, they won't agree or like it. In general anyway.

But it is dead on true.

It looks like some are hung up on this "elite" title to the point of not even being objective. But as you said...when you have even the top 50 of several thousand "elite" players( a term that might even embarrass some of these young men...even if it is true) then by definition alone you'd have to consider them ALL elite. Unless you continue to look at one bad game and refuse to acknowledge others. (BA v. Bolivar...last meeting. Yeah, ugh. I know)

I'm no taking anything away from these young guys...but if time is SHORT and the game is on the line...9 times out of 10 Willie Kemp will find a way to win it. He's done it too MANY times over the years and in this case anyone who says he hasn't just doesn't know what they are talking about. :)

I don't know these two GREAT BA players personally Chipper...but I'd guess that they might not agree with all this carrying on about them being so much more "elite" than the rest. If you truly KNOW they feel different....then my apologies. I still hope BA takes it all in their classification and that these guys have wonderful careers.

And no one has said they aren't ALL great players. I look forward to seeing several of them on TV next year doing their D-I thing. Maybe they'll all meet up from time to time.

Edited by firefulmer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PrepFanatic, If BA fans see your post, they won't agree or like it. In general anyway.

But it is dead on true.

It looks like some are hung up on this "elite" title to the point of not even being objective. But as you said...when you have even the top 50 of several thousand "elite" players( a term that might even embarrass some of these young men...even if it is true) then by definition alone you'd have to consider them ALL elite. Unless you continue to look at one bad game and refuse to acknowledge others. (BA v. Bolivar...last meeting. Yeah, ugh. I know)

I'm no taking anything away from these young guys...but if time is SHORT and the game is on the line...9 times out of 10 Willie Kemp will find a way to win it. He's done it too MANY times over the years and in this case anyone who says he hasn't just doesn't know what they are talking about. :D

I don't know these two GREAT BA players personally Chipper...but I'd guess that they might not agree with all this carrying on about them being so much more "elite" than the rest. If you truly KNOW they feel different....then my apologies. I still hope BA takes it all in their classification and that these guys have wonderful careers.

And no one has said they aren't ALL great players. I look forward to seeing several of them on TV next year doing their D-I thing. Maybe they'll all meet up from time to time.

Great points. We can all sit back and talk about who is more "eliter" than another, but in reality, they are all much better by far than any one of us ever was, and, at least in my case, better than anyone I ever played with or against! It's been a treat to have such a great class of players in our state, and kudos to the coaches and athletic directors for allowing them to play against each other in some memorable games this year.

All 4 are elite players. You telling me that out of all the 10s of thousands of players that play high school basketball they are all ranked in the top 50, and that is not elite? These 4 are the top 4 in the state, you telling me thats not elite? Brandan is the best high school player I've ever seen, I think he's better than Young hands down, maybe even better than Greg Oden. But all 4 are elite players.

Ask yourself this, if you had 7 seconds left in thre 4th and you was down by 2, who would you want the ball in the hands of? If you said anybody besides Kemp, you need to watch Bolivar play more. Thats an elite player.

He is not better than young.The best i seen was penny hardaway.Now that was an elite player.Brandon wright is good but to put him up against oden is crazy.He is too thin to guard oden.Probably foul out in a half.Oden will make him a perimeter player and shootn outside is not his game cause he want be able to post him up.Willie,brandon,and thad are the top,but not chism.He is not dominating 4 his size.Cant score against guys his size or taller.Willie a good player and would want the ball in his hands down the stretch.Not knockn them,but brandon and thad are elite players,willie and wayne are good players.

He is not better than young.The best i seen was penny hardaway.Now that was an elite player.Brandon wright is good but to put him up against oden is crazy.He is too thin to guard oden.Probably foul out in a half.Oden will make him a perimeter player and shootn outside is not his game cause he want be able to post him up.Willie,brandon,and thad are the top,but not chism.He is not dominating 4 his size.Cant score against guys his size or taller.Willie a good player and would want the ball in his hands down the stretch.Not knockn them,but brandon and thad are elite players,willie and wayne are good players.

Chipper. That was a good, mostly fair post---with some good points. I don't agree about Wayne b/c he can bring it too. No doubt. But everybody's got there own point of view...ya know? and I've already stated about Willie.

Penny was elite. I just don't see how anyone can get aroud that one. Now what he's done or hasn't since then...well-really doesn't matter. But in his day, he was truly ELITE.

Just have to agree to disagree...as is often the case. But I still think they're all in the same category here.

But w/o judging players qualities...I can't/won't knock BA. Good luck to you guys.