Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my my my basketball fans...brentwood is the real deal...after watching bwright for the second and third game this season he is the real truth....bolivar didn't show up at all and the game was real boring...i really love the bone kids game...he is solid in all areas of the game with nice size....bwright is a very schooled basketball player...he plays wonderful team and individual d 2 go along with a wonderful offenseive game that is unselfish...n saturdays game bwood handled mitchells hacking wild press easily...if the light skinned kid could ever hit a shot from the corner it would of been a 30 point blowout...i am real impressed and i also wondered why mitchell continued to trap....thad had a nice game but i am beginning to think bpowell is overrated...with all that athleticism all he can do is spot up and shoot and he is very careless with his ballhandling...as far as wille kemp starting next year i don't know about that...memphis seems to do real well with allen playing the point....don't forget his high school career matches up against anybody elses..

my my my basketball fans...brentwood is the real deal...after watching bwright for the second and third game this season he is the real truth....bolivar didn't show up at all and the game was real boring...i really love the bone kids game...he is solid in all areas of the game with nice size....bwright is a very schooled basketball player...he plays wonderful team and individual d 2 go along with a wonderful offenseive game that is unselfish...n saturdays game bwood handled mitchells hacking wild press easily...if the light skinned kid could ever hit a shot from the corner it would of been a 30 point blowout...i am real impressed and i also wondered why mitchell continued to trap....thad had a nice game but i am beginning to think bpowell is overrated...with all that athleticism all he can do is spot up and shoot and he is very careless with his ballhandling...as far as wille kemp starting next year i don't know about that...memphis seems to do real well with allen playing the point....don't forget his high school career matches up against anybody elses..

A few good points on that and I posted the same about Powell the first and second time I saw him play. Good shooter without a doubt as long as he don't have to put the ball on the court. So in my book to teams that play them man to man him to make him shoot of the dripple and try to con tain Thad you may have a Victory. And I did say contain b/c at this level he can't just be stopped

Say what u want but I said the same thing about Bone and have seen him play twice this year but he brought his ABC&D game. Kid is good without a doubt but do knock what is real. Give the guys there credit. Forget what someone wants to know that sounds like one that doesn't get out of the EAST to often. LOL........

Get real with that and we had an off night. Don't get me wrong you beat us but in my opinion you only beat us by 6. Played ok and could have been better. To many in and out shouts and when BA showed they were not going without a fight as I posted earlier in my opinion we give up. But to say someone don't know WILLIE AND WAYNE they must be from the EAST.

As we all know west tn b-ball isn't getting the respect that we deserve but lets leave that to the people on the outside but when it comes to TN B-BALL everyone knows everyone may not know the players number on his jersey but that is it. So in my book keep that to yourself because WILLIE, WAYNE, THAD, WRIGHT 1 & 2 in my opinion both are very good, BONE, EVANS they are all well know so get real and there are a few more in the state so let us not hurt the state congrade the state .

BA, u played a good game as I posted b4 wish it could have been different but you win wish well come T-Time. As for the AA teams from this side of the river CONGRADES to you as well we got it with no VASELINE

Im from the west.What game were u at were the final score was 6 pts.Brentwood could have beat u by 25pts.Wayne and willie to be in the elite group and have 3 pts the whole first quarter.Brentwood beat u bad and didnt have their startn pt guard.I know all these names,but brandon and thad are elite players,willie and wayne are good ball players.

Lake are you being serious about Willie and Chism not even being close to Wright and Thad.That's far from the truth.

First off with Willie. Calapari(sp?) has already said that he expects Willie to be the starting PG next year. That means him starting on the No.3 ranked team in the country as a freshman with all of the underclassmen Memphis has. He also said that Sean Williams told him he might come back for one more year just to play with Willie. I would say that is an elite player. Also, they are wanting to move Washington Jr. to his natural 2G position.

Now with Chism. He has played equal to all the top big men in the country he has went against. He played Brandon Wright equally in the first meeting this year and held him down the other night too. Most of Wright's points came while he was on the bench (I'm glad Wright is going to be in Carolina Blue because he is a great player). He outplayed Thad in Nashville. Last year in a Ark tournament, he played evenly with Haynesbor(sp?)(the freshman at Carolina who is killin). Bolivar was up in the 4th til Chism fouled out then Haynesbor took over. I also heard he played Oden( who everybody said is the great next big man and the No.1 recruit) evenly in AAU ball this past summer. He is on that level.

I'm going to prove that wayne and kemp arent on the level that Brandon Wright and Thad Young. Thad had more points against the same team than Kemp and Wayne combined 31 for Young and 24 for Chism and Kemp. Bolivar has two outstanding players but not elite like the two above. If you have elite players dont get me wrong they should score before a team puts up 17 points before you can blink. Willie missed free throws and didnt get started scoring until the last min of the second period. And Wayne first points came late in the second period on a stick back dunk. So no they arnt on the level that Thad and Brandon Wright. If these two were in the draft they would get picked in the top 15 picks. Willie and Wayne wouldn't get picked are if they did it would be late in the second round on players that go to the developing league. I think i made my point on this Homer. I'm not from Memphis, Nashville are Hardenman County I like to watch ball and i can tell who is better than who. A lot of thing dont show up in a stat book so you have to see players for yourself. And if anyone saw what i saw at the omin arena they would tell you the same thing because the difference in ability of players. There is a reason that Wright and Young are ranked in the top ten seriors in the nation and Why Willie and Wayne are ranked in the 40 range. They are all good ball players but there is a difference and i believe me and 3000 other people saw the same thing.

I'm going to prove that wayne and kemp arent on the level that Brandon Wright and Thad Young. Thad had more points against the same team than Kemp and Wayne combined 31 for Young and 24 for Chism and Kemp. Bolivar has two outstanding players but not elite like the two above. If you have elite players dont get me wrong they should score before a team puts up 17 points before you can blink. Willie missed free throws and didnt get started scoring until the last min of the second period. And Wayne first points came late in the second period on a stick back dunk. So no they arnt on the level that Thad and Brandon Wright. If these two were in the draft they would get picked in the top 15 picks. Willie and Wayne wouldn't get picked are if they did it would be late in the second round on players that go to the developing league. I think i made my point on this Homer. I'm not from Memphis, Nashville are Hardenman County I like to watch ball and i can tell who is better than who. A lot of thing dont show up in a stat book so you have to see players for yourself. And if anyone saw what i saw at the omin arena they would tell you the same thing because the difference in ability of players. There is a reason that Wright and Young are ranked in the top ten seriors in the nation and Why Willie and Wayne are ranked in the 40 range. They are all good ball players but there is a difference and i believe me and 3000 other people saw the same thing.

If we know this much info about each and every player why dont we all just become high school basketball analyst...give it to em their all GREAT players...if you asked each one of these players they would all say the other is the better player....give it to em willie's going to memphis wayne's going to ut and wright is going to north carolina...dont see too many people on here going to these colleges on a free ride

I know all these names,but brandon and thad are elite players,willie and wayne are good ball players.

Willie and Wayne are much more than "good ball players". We have MANY of those in West TN.

As for the BA game...I don't know...and I'm not sure they do, except that BCHS took a thumpin'. Good for BA...and it may sound like I'm crazy here...but it may not have been such a bad thing for Bolivar---in the long run. We'll see.

This is old news and I have no excuses for our team on that one night. They didn't show up for whatever reason but that is now history. I hope they will learn from it.

But to say Wayne Chism and Willie Kemp are just good ball players is not taking into account ALL the games they've played before. Chipper, I don't know your motive here, but you can say it all you want.

But that doesn't make it so.

And that is takining NOTHING away from Thad and Brandon at all...did not mean it that way.

And lakecountyfan007, I hear ya about the rankings...but they are ALL ranked aren't they? And that is in the entire U.S....not just the state.

Edited by firefulmer

If you judge ones talent off of one bad game than that is you but for the guys from BOLIVAR they are for real. If you was in NASHVILLE Wayne did an outstanding job b4 he went out with the ankle injury 13pts. and 6 bds. In my book the difference maker in that game no post play for BOLIVAR when he went out And when he did 6'2" Kemp played 6'8" Thad and also did one heck of a job. Everyone must remember no one can stop a good player but only try to contain.

And I'm talking about all four of them. Wright, Young, Kemp and Chism

Edited by Bizzieb_34

If you judge ones talent off of one bad game than that is you but for the guys from BOLIVAR they are for real. If you was in NASHVILLE Wayne did an outstanding job b4 he went out with the ankle injury 13pts. and 6 bds. In my book the difference maker in that game no post play for BOLIVAR when he went out And when he did 6'2" Kemp played 6'8" Thad and also did one heck of a job. Everyone must remember no one can stop a good player but only try to contain.

And I'm talking about all four of them. Wright, Young, Kemp and Chism

i've got a question why hasnt anyone said anything about marquis from union city. In head to head battle Marquis scored 27 points on willie kemp. And if Union City had there post players it would have been a closer game. No one in the state has slowed down Marquis from scoring. Some times he takes game over and the other team doesnt know what has happened to them. He is a top five player in the state and if you dont believe me come and watch him. He is the best northwest tennessee player to come out since trey perison played at south fulton. And he score 41 points against haywood and fouded out with 3 min to play. He might have gotten closer to 50 in that game.

i've got a question why hasnt anyone said anything about marquis from union city. In head to head battle Marquis scored 27 points on willie kemp. And if Union City had there post players it would have been a closer game. No one in the state has slowed down Marquis from scoring. Some times he takes game over and the other team doesnt know what has happened to them. He is a top five player in the state and if you dont believe me come and watch him. He is the best northwest tennessee player to come out since trey perison played at south fulton. And he score 41 points against haywood and fouded out with 3 min to play. He might have gotten closer to 50 in that game.

I wanted to say something in my post but was not sure. But yes you just proved it true, "You are one of them that is mad that Weddle isn't getting his recognition". The kid is good have seen him play many of times and is a h--- of a shooter. But lets not knock Lil Wil because other people isn't giving him his but if you have read some of my post I did and still do. Oh by the way Willie was not playing him the freshman(Crisp) was if I'm not mistaken.