Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

We were ragging each other really(MentalTown) and me. Not you guys.I guess you could call it a private joke.

But if your school really does those type of projects...KUDOS to you! That's pretty cool.

I know folks who've been to Katrina area...no easy stuff to be done there for sure[ /b]

I wish we were able to do things like that. Not afraid of hard work, so with some of our clubs and all...you've given me something to think about. Always the boss's call though.

No matter how you meant it...THANKS for an idea.

Local or distant...sounds lik it's still hard work...just for the prep stuff alone. The actual work, we could do that if given approval.

I know...I'm just teasin' you back a little. Didn't mean to sound so "holier than thou". Not all the trips next week are that sacrificial...some are service oriented, but some are college tours, some educational, some, obviously, to play some good teams in basketball. Just a mid-winter chance for students and faculty to branch out beyond the "Brentwood Bubble". There are scores of other organizations that are doing incredible things out there as well.

On another subject, I think the reason that the BA students were pulling so hard for BCHS at Belmont was that they wanted to see that great comeback against Mitchell keep going, plus they got in the spirit with the great crowd that BCHS brought.

Wish I could see the game in Jackson this week. Should be a good!

Edited by itzme

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC...I think it will be great,,,no matter what...

but sinc eyou seem kinda like a nice guy, I wnat to ask you something that my wife and I hve ben wondering and don't really want to ask Rudesill...good bud, but'd we'd be embarrased!

Expain to me whzt "bump" means plese? See it all the time, but alwys wonder!!!

Thanks,

firefulmer

Yes. We know we are stupid!!!

it gets the topic back to the top of the thread so the topic doesnt get lost...whenever i bumped this subject it was on like the 4th or 5th page and no one had posted in bout 3 days i think...it just keeps the topic to where it does not get lost

Volunteer[/url]General' post='825926423' date='Feb 5 2006 - 08:27 PM']

I`m gonna be there and I`m predicting a Bolivar victory. Crowd should be very pro Bolivar. I`ve seen Bolivar crowds in Murfreesboro and Nashville and they seem to travel well so the 30 minute drive to Oman Arena shouldn`t be too much for them. Hopefully Chism will be 100%.

i hope this will turn out to be a great game and players will be at 100%...3 days left until gameday :thumb:

Comments regarding the lack of quality coaching from Bolivar could be no further from the truth. I played for Bolivar in the early/mid 90's (when we were AAA and had Tony Delk/Haywood in our district 2 times a year) and I can tell you that Rudesill is one of the most impressive HS minds I have seen. He actually took over the season after my last in 1996. Sure Brentwood Academy is going for it's 4th straight title, but that is DIVISION II. Who do they really compete against in Div II?

Bolivar has played the toughest schedule in the state and lost 7 games by a total of 19 points, including a loss to BA by 8. They lost to Hamilton, who is ranked higher nationally than BA by 1 at the FedEx forum, and against other state powers Mitchell, Middleton, Fayette Ware and Haywood by 1 or 2 points each.

As far as a 15-20 point loss by Bolivar, that poster must have never seen Bolivar play, especially Kemp. When Chism went down early againt Mitchell, who do think guarded 6'10 Georgia Tech signee Thaddeus Young? Kemp, at 6'1, did and then single handedly brought them back into the game. It will be great if Chism performs well, but BA should keep their attention on Kemp. Mitchell has (3) Top 15 TN ranked Div 1 signees, Bolivar has the number 3 & 4 players in the state, while BA has Wright, with Bone around #20. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE BOLIVAR!

I have lived in Nashville now for 5 years and can honestly tell you there is nothing like West TN basketball. There is more talent and competition within a 60 mile radius of Memphis than just about anywhere in the nation, and if BA does not bring their A game and respect what Bolivar has done the past 3 years, especially this year with those tough, close losses, then BA will get run out of the gym.

What will the BA faithful do, how will they react when they learn Oman Arena has no luxury boxes, suites, or segregated restrooms/concession stands just for them? It will be a great game - Bolivar by 6.

Edited by pro2know

Comments regarding the lack of quality coaching from Bolivar could be no further from the truth. I played for Bolivar in the early/mid 90's (when we were AAA and had Tony Delk/Haywood in our district 2 times a year) and I can tell you that Rudesill is one of the most impressive HS minds I have seen. He actually took over the season after my last in 1996. Sure Brentwood Academy is going for it's 4th straight title, but that is DIVISION II. Who do they really compete against in Div II?

Bolivar has played the toughest schedule in the state and lost 7 games by a total of 19 points, including a loss to BA by 8. They lost to Hamilton, who is ranked higher nationally than BA by 1 at the FedEx forum, and against other state powers Mitchell, Middleton, Fayette Ware and Haywood by 1 or 2 points each.

As far as a 15-20 point loss by Bolivar, that poster must have never seen Bolivar play, especially Kemp. When Chism went down early againt Mitchell, who do think guarded 6'10 Georgia Tech signee Thaddeus Young? Kemp, at 6'1, did and then single handedly brought them back into the game. It will be great if Chism performs well, but BA should keep their attention on Kemp. Mitchell has (3) Top 15 TN ranked Div 1 signees, Bolivar has the number 3 & 4 players in the state, while BA has Wright, with Bone around #20. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE BOLIVAR!

I have lived in Nashville now for 5 years and can honestly tell you there is nothing like West TN basketball. There is more talent and competition within a 60 mile radius of Memphis than just about anywhere in the nation, and if BA does not bring their A game and respect what Bolivar has done the past 3 years, especially this year with those tough, close losses, then BA will get run out of the gym.

What will the BA faithful do, how will they react when they learn Oman Arena has no luxury boxes, suites, or segregated restrooms/concession stands just for them? It will be a great game - Bolivar by 6.

Me as a B-Town fan know exactly what you are saying, but in my book as I have said since the season has began. The role players are going to be the difference makers (really stepping up right now). Willie, Wayne, they can not stop only contain. But let us not forget Wright cannot be stopped also. In my opinion Joshua Bones, or what ever his name is in no disrespect to him I think if Willie has to play him it is a long night for him on the offensive side which I doubt even harder if Madden play him. There is a difference maker that I have seen from BA and BOLIVAR might have to look out for and that is LIL WRIGHT. Kid can score from the outside and the other high yellow guy is raining the 3. But I will also say again as I said b4 if they(BA) play BOLIVARS game they will get beat in a close game. I still say BOLIVAR BY 6