Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree i think ba wins with or without chism. they've already beat bolivar once and should again. i think joshua bone really matches willie kemp in a lot of ways. he is a solid player that negates a lot of the advantage bolivar has over everyone else at that postion. i also believe with the schedule that ba plays seeing this bolivar team is no big deal to them. by the way looking at the ridgeway vs brentwood academy game it was amazing to see how much better coached those two teams are compared to bolivar and mitchell. yes the bolivar and mitchell game was exciting but the level of play was so much better in the other game.

There will be virtually zero BA students there. Next week all BA students go on 3-5 day trips called "Winterim". College tours, educational trips, public service etc.

Hey, man! Can u tell me how I could approach my boss about getting one of these "WINTERIMS?" Man I sure could use one about now!

And to FLMS, that Bolivar-Mitchell game could not provide a true testament to the Bolivar coaching. Mitchell has an all out super aggressive press, so it just has to be attacked. Not much of a chance to execute offensively from half court sets in that type of game!

agree i think ba wins with or without chism. they've already beat bolivar once and should again. i think joshua bone really matches willie kemp in a lot of ways. he is a solid player that negates a lot of the advantage bolivar has over everyone else at that postion. i also believe with the schedule that ba plays seeing this bolivar team is no big deal to them. by the way looking at the ridgeway vs brentwood academy game it was amazing to see how much better coached those two teams are compared to bolivar and mitchell. yes the bolivar and mitchell game was exciting but the level of play was so much better in the other game.

No way BCHS is beaten by 15-20 pts. by BA. No matter who plays or doesn't. I don't know-I've made my pick and BA may win...but a margin like that this time of year? I don't think so. Yes. I've been wrong before...but not about that. Look at the score from last time-no 20 pt. margin there.

Once again a poster who underestimates even a healthy Chism? Why are there so many who do that after they can see/read what he can do? OK. BA is loaded with talent and deserves all the recognition they can get. But Willie Kemp "matched" in one of his last (no matter what or how far they go) H.S. games?[/b] Just can't see it FLMS. So your theory is to believe Willie AND Wayne (and the other guys...Madden? Rhodes? Grifffin? etc.) All this is just both of our opinions. fine.

But as far as SOS- you should look up BCHS schedule and take a good look. And that's not saying anything bad/wrong about BA's SOS. But I'm glad to know meeting us again is really "no big deal" to BA. I

Interesting anyway.

Coaching is that much better at BA? Bolivar's coaching is kinda on the second tier? I'll close this one by just letting all readers just think about what you said here.

The actual LEVEL of play is so much above and beyond the Tigers level? And that's not saying BOTH teams aren't top notch. But BCHS...uh, we're no slackers either.

If you believe all that, congrats on staying with your guys anyway , Stilll picking Bolivar by 3.

MTB...I don't begrudge them that "WINTERIMS" either. Sounds good. But see what you can do about discussing one of those with your boss! You know...i beleieve the BCHS staff could always use one of those!

But the experience of it sounds good-really. So you should try to see if you can talk to him about that for Staff Development, if nothing else. :D

Big game sure, and we want it. But all these tounament games are really where it's at. That's how we get that 3rd!

bump...it's this coming thursday should be great

bump...it's this coming thursday should be great

GC...I think it will be great,,,no matter what...

but sinc eyou seem kinda like a nice guy, I wnat to ask you something that my wife and I hve ben wondering and don't really want to ask Rudesill...good bud, but'd we'd be embarrased!

Expain to me whzt "bump" means plese? See it all the time, but alwys wonder!!!

Thanks,

firefulmer

Yes. We know we are stupid!!!

Hey, man! Can u tell me how I could approach my boss about getting one of these "WINTERIMS?" Man I sure could use one about now!

Sure. Ask our boss if you can use 5 days of your vacation time, then organize with your friends, raise funds, and drive to New Orleans to help out some Katrina victims.

See, it's not that hard! Seriously, that's only one of many planned projects and trips, bot local and elsewhere taking place during that week.

Good luck to both teams!

Edited by itzme

Sure. Ask our boss if you can use 5 days of your vacation time, then organize with your friends, raise funds, and drive to New Orleans to help out some Katrina victims.

See, it's not that hard! Seriously, that's only one of many planned projects and trips, bot local and elsewhere taking place during that week.

Good luck to both teams!

We were ragging each other really(MentalTown) and me. Not you guys.I guess you could call it a private joke.

But if your school really does those type of projects...KUDOS to you! That's pretty cool.

I know folks who've been to Katrina area...no easy stuff to be done there for sure[ /b]

I wish we were able to do things like that. Not afraid of hard work, so with some of our clubs and all...you've given me something to think about. Always the boss's call though.

No matter how you meant it...THANKS for an idea.

Local or distant...sounds lik it's still hard work...just for the prep stuff alone. The actual work, we could do that if given approval.

Edited by firefulmer