Bolivar V. Brentwood Acadamy

GCPioneer

Willie Kemp has skills that if you dont watch basketball real close, you will not know about. His basketball IQ is off the charts, his desire to put a team on his back in crunch time cant be taught.

You said it right there about Willie. And that is no dis to anyone else.

Uh...and he's gonna need those skills too. Bring it on back home Willie! <_<

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game and trust me Wayne is just as good as Brandon Wright. They're just two different style ball players. Brentwood killed Bolivar early and it seem to take their heart from them. I think with this kind of lost the team (Bolivar) will come out from now on hungry like Brentwood. Brentwood is definitely a top 10 team-they really good in every position with role players. They also have a great guard in Joshua Bohn. Both times this season he has been the decisive factor during the game. Prediction: Brentwood another state championship with co mvp's Wright and Bohn. Bolivar wins it's third state title thanks to all of these games against top notch talent/teams. I love High School Basketball. Is there anything better?

I bet you cant name anybody that doesnt go to BA that would take Bone over Wille Kemp. Bone is good, and he doesnt get the credit he deserves, but Willie Kemp is the best gaurd in Tennessee. I would take Bone over Powell beacuse Bone is the better shooter, but Willie Kemp has skills that if you dont watch basketball real close, you will not know about. His basketball IQ is off the charts, his desire to put a team on his back in crunch time cant be taught. Bone and 'Quis Weedle are 2 of the best shoters in the state, but give me Kemp anyday.

I don't think you would find anyone at BA that would take Joshua B. over Willie K . . . Bone wasn't being compared to Kemp (although I think that Bone is a great player and will do well at the next level). I'd take the Wright/Bone tandem first though . . . and I think most would.

I went to the game and trust me Wayne is just as good as Brandon Wright. They're just two different style ball players. Brentwood killed Bolivar early and it seem to take their heart from them. I think with this kind of lost the team (Bolivar) will come out from now on hungry like Brentwood. Brentwood is definitely a top 10 team-they really good in every position with role players. They also have a great guard in Joshua Bohn. Both times this season he has been the decisive factor during the game. Prediction: Brentwood another state championship with co mvp's Wright and Bohn. Bolivar wins it's third state title thanks to all of these games against top notch talent/teams. I love High School Basketball. Is there anything better?

Ditto, thanks for saving me from typing all that.

Its Bone though, not Bohn.

The bad thing is that BA will win 5 in a row, look at that roster who is goin to stop them next year.

Ditto, thanks for saving me from typing all that.

Its Bone though, not Bohn.

The bad thing is that BA will win 5 in a row, look at that roster who is goin to stop them next year.

The streak will most likely be 6 before someone else takes the gold

ball. The JV has two losses in the last two years and a typical

margin of victory of 20. In addition to DII opponents, this year's win total includes Shelbyville, MLK, Whites Creek, Bishop Verot (Ft Myers,Fl),

Tennessee High and Bolivar.

Man your crazy to say that Wayne Chism is just as good as Brandan Wright.... He can not shot block nearly as well as brandan can.... Wayne doesnt go to the glass as hard and he can not bring the ball up the court.... Wayne may have a little better outside shot but Brandan is def. a step above him.

Man,Brandan's wing span is 7 foot 1.5inches, he can block shots better than most NBA players with a reach like that.

I think he was saying the gap between Brandan and Wayne is not that big. Wayne held Wright down when he was in there, as did Wright on Wayne. But look at what Wanye did with Greg Oden. Brandan would have a little more trouble holding Big Oden, and thats a fact. But, I think Brandan would out play him on the offensive end, no doubt. Brandan is the better player, but Chism is not just some chump change. Wright has the reach, but get him in there with a 7 foot 240 lb center like Oden and he would have more trouble than the 230 lb Chism on d.

Lake are you being serious about Willie and Chism not even being close to Wright and Thad.That's far from the truth.

First off with Willie. Calapari(sp?) has already said that he expects Willie to be the starting PG next year. That means him starting on the No.3 ranked team in the country as a freshman with all of the underclassmen Memphis has. He also said that Sean Williams told him he might come back for one more year just to play with Willie. I would say that is an elite player. Also, they are wanting to move Washington Jr. to his natural 2G position.

Now with Chism. He has played equal to all the top big men in the country he has went against. He played Brandon Wright equally in the first meeting this year and held him down the other night too. Most of Wright's points came while he was on the bench (I'm glad Wright is going to be in Carolina Blue because he is a great player). He outplayed Thad in Nashville. Last year in a Ark tournament, he played evenly with Haynesbor(sp?)(the freshman at Carolina who is killin). Bolivar was up in the 4th til Chism fouled out then Haynesbor took over. I also heard he played Oden( who everybody said is the great next big man and the No.1 recruit) evenly in AAU ball this past summer. He is on that level.

If im not mistaken,hansbrough had around 35pts and i believe wayne had around 15.Wayne is on their level defensively,but he cant block shots like wright.Offensively,wayne has of lot of work to do.He doesnt know how to use his body yet.He cant get his shot off against guys his size or bigger.Had trouble in the hoopfest against arlington day.Had his shot blocked at least 7 times.A good player that needs a lot of work offensively,but not on wright and odens level.

It looks like brentwood academy is the best team in the state.They just absolutely destroyd bolivar.Its a good thing that fox sports net didnt televise this game,because this was a mismatch.I think bolivar was ready to play,but they are not ready for brentwood.They missd layup after layup.I actually had some people sittn around me who watchd the whole first half, and they didnt know who was willie and wayne.Bolivar,to be a top team and only have 3pts at the end of the 1st quarter and just 13 pts at halftime.I thought i was watchn a little twister game with all the bricks.Dont think they will play in oman arena again,they cracked the glass.LOL. Joshua bone and brian wright are two underrated ball players.I actually believe that brentwood is a top 10 team in the nation.Would have loved to see them play oak hill academy in the hoopfest.Another mismatch with so.laurel ky.

Say what u want but I said the same thing about Bone and have seen him play twice this year but he brought his ABC&D game. Kid is good without a doubt but do knock what is real. Give the guys there credit. Forget what someone wants to know that sounds like one that doesn't get out of the EAST to often. LOL........

Get real with that and we had an off night. Don't get me wrong you beat us but in my opinion you only beat us by 6. Played ok and could have been better. To many in and out shouts and when BA showed they were not going without a fight as I posted earlier in my opinion we give up. But to say someone don't know WILLIE AND WAYNE they must be from the EAST.

As we all know west tn b-ball isn't getting the respect that we deserve but lets leave that to the people on the outside but when it comes to TN B-BALL everyone knows everyone may not know the players number on his jersey but that is it. So in my book keep that to yourself because WILLIE, WAYNE, THAD, WRIGHT 1 & 2 in my opinion both are very good, BONE, EVANS they are all well know so get real and there are a few more in the state so let us not hurt the state congrade the state .

BA, u played a good game as I posted b4 wish it could have been different but you win wish well come T-Time. As for the AA teams from this side of the river CONGRADES to you as well we got it with no VASELINE

Edited by Bizzieb_34

Say what u want but I said the same thing about Bone and have seen him play twice this year but he brought his ABC&D game. Kid is good without a doubt but do knock what is real. Give the guys there credit. Forget what someone wants to know that sounds like one that doesn't get out of the EAST to often. LOL........

Get real with that and we had an off night. Don't get me wrong you beat us but in my opinion you only beat us by 6. Played ok and could have been better. To many in and out shouts and when BA showed they were not going without a fight as I posted earlier in my opinion we give up. But to say someone don't know WILLIE AND WAYNE they must be from the EAST.

As we all know west tn b-ball isn't getting the respect that we deserve but lets leave that to the people on the outside but when it comes to TN B-BALL everyone knows everyone may not know the players number on his jersey but that is it. So in my book keep that to yourself because WILLIE, WAYNE, THAD, WRIGHT 1 & 2 in my opinion both are very good, BONE, EVANS they are all well know so get real and there are a few more in the state so let us not hurt the state congrade the state .

BA, u played a good game as I posted b4 wish it could have been different but you win wish well come T-Time. As for the AA teams from this side of the river CONGRADES to you as well we got it with no VASELINE

Bizzieb, what you doing trying to post while on that Yak? I got what ya saying though.

Save some of that Henessey for the region tournament, I have a newly found friend that will need it with his crow.